sharetrader
Page 552 of 2129 FirstFirst ... 5245250254254854955055155255355455555656260265210521552 ... LastLast
Results 5,511 to 5,520 of 21281
    Outside thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by turmeric View Post
    All in then BC? Seems OS markets are pretty flat in reaction to world events etc over the weekend and PEB seems to continue on this uptrend. I have to admit I personally am loving this short term price movement, which appears to have been largely predictable post the Masfen disclosure and NZX inclusion.
    Same. I topped up at $1.45 and with an average purch price of .80c on my modest portfolio, I'm pretty happy!

2019 NZ Stock Picking Winner silverblizzard888's Avatar

Was talking to Harbour Asset Management's Managing Director & Portfolio Manager, man sure loves Pacific Edge, especially after following for a decade. If someone like thats backing it, its a pretty good sign to me.

Quote Originally Posted by silverblizzard888 View Post
    Was talking to Harbour Asset Management's Managing Director & Portfolio Manager, man sure loves Pacific Edge, especially after following for a decade. If someone like thats backing it, its a pretty good sign to me.
    You know Harbour has been selling down their stake?

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    You know Harbour has been selling down their stake?
    I notice they sold during the time the price had risen from the low fifties.That would only be rebalancing on behalf of their various client funds would it not???

Quote Originally Posted by Copper View Post
    I notice they sold during the time the price had risen from the low fifties.That would only be rebalancing on behalf of their various client funds would it not???
    I am personally comfortable with Harbour and Masfen selling. Am making the point so sb888 is aware as well, and next time he may want to ask the question of the MD of Harbour.

2019 NZ Stock Picking Winner silverblizzard888's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    I am personally comfortable with Harbour and Masfen selling. Am making the point so sb888 is aware as well, and next time he may want to ask the question of the MD of Harbour.
    True, thats a good point you've made. Coppers right it would likely be to rebalance the portfolio as the MD was telling me about how they generally invest and how he himself likes to invest as well. An example was something like 70/20/10 where 70% is always in blue chip companies (where dividend is expected), 20% in mid size companies (no dividend expected) and 10% in new start ups or high growth (no dividend expected).

I agree I would have liked a indication on how sales are going and am suspicous that we havnt, my fear all along has been that they may have a great product but it still may not sell well...hope im wrong, a small indication from them that they are actually selling a few and starting to get market traction would go a long way.

Blobbles did mention he emailed david a while ago, and they would only report sales quarterl if they were meaningful....

Banned

You would have be an absolute fool to expect announcements to occur at regular periodic intervals.

Most of us anticipate a typically well managed five year plan roll out with sales and technical staff working hard behind the scenes. They have met guidance provided over the last couple of years, and PEB remain entirely on track with their guidance for this year.

They anticipate a Medicare sign up early in 2014 provided there are no further Obamacare administrative requirements, they are targeting Intermountain and Kaiser Permanente sign up’s for some time this year, new Cxbladder product launches in Q2 and Q4, Cxcolorectal is market ready to go and sales in Spain should commence in 2014 also.

March is a busy month for Pacific Edge too with conference venues, if anyone gains access to a copy of any presentations it would be appreciated.

http://www.pacificedge.co.nz/news-an...dar-of-events/

Quote Originally Posted by snapiti View Post
    bearing in mind most growth companies like to crow about successes all seem to be very quiet from PEB.
    This is a concern considering the 10's of thousands of sale's promise as indicated by the company.
    We are now almost a 1/4 of the way through the year with no significant announce's.
    I would exspect the company to crow when they achieve the first 1000 sale's in the US.
    However IMHO we are more likely to hear that sales are ramping up slower than predicted.
    These growth companies can't bloody win ... SNK dared to start "crowing" about its increase in sales etc (which is what you evidently want Snapiti) and all the likes of Balance can do is repeatedly smash them down with comments about insiders daring to sell some of their holdings. And look what's happened to SNK's SP because of it!

I think PEB are doing the right thing ..... and I'd do exactly the same .... keep my mouth shut about what sales might be being achieved and make people wait for the appropriate time to report. I would have my focus on getting the sales (that has already been envisioned) and managing the company's operations & contracts etc.

If reporting season arrives and there are disappointing sales (or better than expected) - then do your moaning and sell ...or buy more.

Damned if you do and damned if you don't. have some patience and if it is getting too much for you then just sell now and move on.