sharetrader
Page 553 of 2126 FirstFirst ... 5345350354354955055155255355455555655756360365310531553 ... LastLast
Results 5,521 to 5,530 of 21257

Whats that saying about "too much heat in the kitchen...."?

In a world of instant coffee, instant this & that it seems CEO's should be meeting needs of insecure investors rather than going about building the business.

Am I in the wrong place? I thought this was a forum for discussing these things. To throw our ideas around and get feedback on the way we see companys etc...We cant question sales now?

Banned

You've got it Dentie, patient investors prosper, impatient investors just pay brokerage.

With nine weeks to reporting and PEB joining the NZ50 on Monday we should get to welcome some more large investors and funds on board.

Each to their own view, mine is such that there is more potential for an upside surprise than for underperformance, sales staff have been increasing, CS is confident enough to offer bold media statements, either way with the stock being a bit undervalued even a neutral result should have the desired effect.

Quote Originally Posted by goldfish View Post
    Am I in the wrong place? I thought this was a forum for discussing these things. To throw our ideas around and get feedback on the way we see companys etc...We cant question sales now?
    If you want to dig around a bit and do some in-depth research, the events to date are all there to encourage interested investors that PEB are doing what they say they will do. This very thread is a good place to start that research - especially with posts from the likes of MAC, Hancocks & GR8DAY etc - who have done relentless research and posts for the benefit of the rest of us - for which I for one am thankful for.

I don't think it is about not being able to question sales, it is more about waiting for those sales to be reported (at the correct time) and then discussing whether they meet the pre-mentioned targets or whatever. To put what I'm trying to say into perspective AND at the risk of incurring the likes of Turmeric's inevitable tirade... I tried questioning the "sales vs profitability vs SP" of my old chestnut XRO and I copped a slap for being so daring! This is because what I look for in a company is different to what others might look for and vice versa. In XRO's case of course (as in SNK's), the sales are being crowed about.

Anyway, back to PEB - I am very happy to wait ... they have given me no reason yet to question ANY of their forecasts....
    Last edited by Dentie; 20-03-2014 at 12:47 PM. Reason: Grammar!

Quote Originally Posted by turmeric View Post
    Just remember Dentie, despite what Snapiti says, by virtue of his owning and holding PEB shares he of course believes, as you do, that the risk reward of owning PEB shares is worth it.

He goes on about PEB sometimes as if it's the worlds worst investment (yet I will admit that if you look past the huff and puff sometimes the heart of his comments are actually pretty fair). But at the end of the day he owns PEB shares and is not selling. That should be the telling sign if you ask me.
    So, maybe his comments should be consistent with this "telling sign"? Otherwise it just sounds like an impatient belly ache - a bit like a kid who wants his lolly "NOW"!!

Looks like the BSD's are starting to place their bets.

should be good volume on Monday, but I'm not expecting a big rally. There is endless supply available until the progress driven next leg of the story.

a Medicare ann would be timely tomorrow, lol
    Last edited by Xerof; 20-03-2014 at 02:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by snapiti View Post
    Actually I just want them to have something new to crow about that would be a good start.
    It is interesting that the PEB bulls wake up and start a rant and rave if someone dare's to post a slightly negative comment.

I think most people appreciate comments with substance, regardless of whether they support or conflict with their views.

I feel sure that an observation about lack of sales e.g. "I visited a nursing home in Florida with x residents last month. They explained to that doctors were advising against using Pacific Edge products, because..." would be well received.

Conversely, I respectfully suggest that comments to the effect of "some growth companies make lots of announcements and PEB is not doing that" adds nothing to the discussion.

I understand that some people experience a compulsion to "fill the silence". Perhaps others share my order of preference for music, then silence, with noise a distant third.

It is interesting that the PEB bulls wake up and start a rant and rave if someone dare's to post a slightly negative comment.
    No ranting or raving from me mate ... just been quietly interested in the PEB story since the SP was about 20c some years ago now. I think I have posted on here back along someways ...it is not just about the SP for me ...I just really like what they are trying to do for humanity (I know it may be hard for some to believe...but not every company's existence is founded solely on how much money they can make for their impatient shareholders).

[QUOTE=TimmyTP;468874]
    I think most people appreciate comments with substance, regardless of whether they support or conflict with their views.

I feel sure that an observation about lack of sales e.g. "I visited a nursing home in Florida with x residents last month. They explained to that doctors were advising against using Pacific Edge products, because..." would be well received.

Conversely, I respectfully suggest that comments to the effect of "some growth companies make lots of announcements and PEB is not doing that" adds nothing to the discussion.

Word!!

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyTP View Post

I understand that some people experience a compulsion to "fill the silence". Perhaps others share my order of preference for music, then silence, with noise a distant third.
    Very nice