sharetrader
Page 554 of 2129 FirstFirst ... 5445450454455055155255355455555655755856460465410541554 ... LastLast
Results 5,531 to 5,540 of 21281
    IMO

Good for you den tie i believe you mean that ;..win/win. Snapiti playing Bullrush Groundhogday for ever

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by snapiti View Post
    wow you are my hero dentie.
    Does this mean you dont invest in companies that can have a negative impact on humanity.
    Tabbaco, coke(sugar is very bad), oil companies, gambling.
    Or are you really in it because you think it will make you moneyl
    Is that really so hard to imagine? Or is it just a given that all investors will invest in any outfit that does horrible things just so they can make a buck--Some do ''think it through'' in terms of their ethics as well.
    There are lots of different investors out there ,and lots of different sets of values. (You would never catch me investing in Monsanto,even if there was a buck to be made)
    I think its a good start to look for good investments that also help humanity,and why not? (guess the real proof of the pudding though would be the reaction if someone discovered a cure for bladder cancer)

AWOL

Quote Originally Posted by skid View Post
    Is that really so hard to imagine? Or is it just a given that all investors will invest in any outfit that does horrible things just so they can make a buck--Some do ''think it through'' in terms of their ethics as well.
    There are lots of different investors out there ,and lots of different sets of values. (You would never catch me investing in Monsanto,even if there was a buck to be made)
    I think its a good start to look for good investments that also help humanity,and why not? (guess the real proof of the pudding though would be the reaction if someone discovered a cure for bladder cancer)
    I hope that they do Skid, we all hope that all cancer can be cured. It will still need tests of one sort or another to determine if it is cancer or not. Dont think it will ever get to immunisation level in the near future and what to do with millions of long lasting elderly if it does.

Does this mean you dont invest in companies that can have a negative impact on humanity.
    Tabbaco, coke(sugar is very bad), oil companies, gambling.
    You are correct!

Of course I invest to make money - but always with one eye on the other stuff.

Actually I just want them to have something new to crow about that would be a good start.
    It is interesting that the PEB bulls wake up and start a rant and rave if someone dare's to post a slightly negative comment.
    haha well from my perspective... there are only two companies that I "like" and hold long term. This one and DIL, but I hear bad things from you about both all the time... so ... I draw some sort of conclusion

Man is this what it does to a stock when it gets included into the index? The buying volume is insane.... Rightly now there are 2 buyers for a million parcel at 1.6 and another 250k at 1.58

Quote Originally Posted by baller18 View Post
    Man is this what it does to a stock when it gets included into the index? The buying volume is insane.... Rightly now there are 2 buyers for a million parcel at 1.6 and another 250k at 1.58
    The problem is Baller... we don't have any of the XRO holders in our tent. If we did they would certainly see the value in PEB and we'd be eating our fish 'n chips, heading into the weekend, contemplating on how the SP got to $20!!

Someone's obviously happy to keep feeding the ducks.
    Last edited by Dentie; 21-03-2014 at 05:27 PM.

I would 'speculate' that a fair amount of the duck feeding emanates from those crossings at 137 last week, as well as our regular distribution network.

My understanding was they enter the index on Monday, so will we see buying then, or was that it today?

anyway, nice to see loose holdings going to good homes
    Last edited by Xerof; 21-03-2014 at 05:42 PM.

$16m for the day. Intriguing vol with no price movement. It's like it is all by polite agreement

Quote Originally Posted by moosie_900 View Post
    True, maybe I'm just too selective. Still off its high though. Shall se if this inclusion can bring her back up.
    Plenty of sellers about as the indexing buyers got the millions of shares they needed reasonably effortlessly - in contrast to say Xero.

In the absence of more news and announcements, the stock may slide back to $1.42 which was the pre-index announcement price.

Does not change the fundamental story behind PEB.