sharetrader
Page 645 of 2126 FirstFirst ... 14554559563564164264364464564664764864965569574511451645 ... LastLast
Results 6,441 to 6,450 of 21257
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by nextbigthing View Post
    MAC, what are your thoughts behind Masfens complete sell down? I personally don't buy the argument 'they have better options at the moment'. If PEB are on track there wouldn't be many (if any) better options. I think it's a significant issue to address/that needs explaining.

Disc hold and still think they're on track. If I see any of those directors buy up again I'm all in. Like road runner all in.
    Who knows, I don't hold the Masfen’s amongst the top investor set to be honest.

They have been in Pacific Edge since almost the get go and invest a high percentage of their portfolio in off market ventures, I could imagine that they are simply rebalancing and recycling as usual.

They sold 10M shares last year at circa 60-70c when they could have held for less than a year and got two to three times that. That suggests to me that they were rebalancing back to within their diversification limit, probably have just done the same this year.

From last year: http://www.nbr.co.nz/peter-masfen

regards, Mac
    Last edited by MAC; 27-04-2014 at 05:09 PM.

AWOL

Look at what happened last year and the timing.
    Pre announcement 45-60c
    After announcement up up and away.
    Rights issue was already set up and then issued at 55c and considerably oversubscribed.
    D Darling said at the time that he was surprised at the share price action
    That 55c is crucial because it indicates what the company thought the shares would be worth roughly at the time and at that would be the price the punters would get on board.
    Currently we sit at around double that with no further major news and nov sales of next to zero
    So whats the problem?
    I believe it was stated that D Darling was unaware of others selling and he had some home additions to pay for.
    Looking forward we have an upcoming Full Year report, AGM, product rollouts, more signings perhaps and feedback from all the seminars and conferences, advice on Spain, NZ and Australia.
    Interesting few months ahead.
    Sunday afternoon ramble - open to correction

Quote Originally Posted by craic View Post
    "You gotta know when to hold, Know when to fold. Know when to walk away etc............." as the song says. Blew about $100+ on the horses today at Cambridge until i woke from a guinness induced slumber to read that my $20 bet on Lauren Tate in the eight race had returned me $560 for a win and place. Full time traders play the entire market - I trade one company and at 76 have learned to deal with stress. Three of the people I drink with have died in the lat month - none of them were traders.
    Craic what the hell do you and your mates drink, have you thought of changing it.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Minerbarejet View Post
    That 55c is crucial because it indicates what the company thought the shares would be worth roughly at the time and at that would be the price the punters would get on board.
    This is so incorrect its not even funny. People need to learn the mechanics of what they are talking about rather than spouting complete bull ****.

AWOL

Quote Originally Posted by JimHickey View Post
    This is so incorrect its not even funny. People need to learn the mechanics of what they are talking about rather than spouting complete bull ****.
    Please enlighten us. Would you have rather they offered them at the prevailing share price at the time or thereabouts?
    As I said open to correction but would prefer an explanation of what your differing view might be.
    Cheers

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by MAC View Post
    Pacific Edge are very much undervalued at FY14 $1.70

A DCF workup for a valuation of just Cxbladder provides an outcome at that level alone even with a conservative criteria set. The actual valuation of the overall company, with all that intellectual property, the patents and those pipeline products, some of which are already through clinical trials, is very much higher than that again.

This analysis is easily repeatable by most competent analysts and as always myself and others are happy to share and compare research offline with those who have a genuine interest in the company.

The vast majority of shareholders in PEB are long term, the market is down simply because some short termers have drawn a bizarre linkage between a ‘frothy’ nasdaq way over there in the US and an undervalued very prospective company here, it’s a behavioural study in itself – lab rat’s.

I’m anticipating that Pacific Edge by bringing Edison on board will provide some further confidence for those who don’t routinely research, run their own valuations and assess for themselves. It’s presumably being done by Pacific Edge for this very reason, to provide the market with clearer signals and an open valuation.

What we have here at present IMHO is the best entry point on the NZX year to date, enjoy.

DISC: Screaming Buy (no change)
    Well Mac-I believe the overseas markets do have an influence(not saying its fair)
    And you believe its simply because some short termers have drawn a bizarre linkage between the 'frothy'Nasdaq way over in the US.

I guess the only way to find out is to see if Mondays SP rockets or falls---Watch this space

I have a genuine interest in the company--Should i buy in a downtrend and lose money to show my loyalty?

There was an article in the herald I was reading and came across a sentence that stuck with me. Towards the end they said ''we're not knocking the company-just the valuation.''

Right now growth companies are getting punished--valuations dont always make sense
    Last edited by skid; 27-04-2014 at 05:06 PM.

Is this Edison the same Edison who seem to be regularly updating a pretty wishy washy report on SNK (see SNK website)

Hope PEB gets a better coverage than that

The Wolf of Sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by snapiti View Post
    Can't for the life of me see any reason to sell at current levels.
    Some would suggest the reason to sell is that it's in a well established downtrend and that you can buy back cheaper later on....

Some would say not to do this as you may miss out after an announcement....

The Wolf of Sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by MAC View Post
    Who knows, I don't hold the Masfen’s amongst the top investor set to be honest.

They have been in Pacific Edge since almost the get go and invest a high percentage of their portfolio in off market ventures, I could imagine that they are simply rebalancing and recycling as usual.

They sold 10M shares last year at circa 60-70c when they could have held for less than a year and got two to three times that. That suggests to me that they were rebalancing back to within their diversification limit, probably have just done the same this year.

From last year: http://www.nbr.co.nz/peter-masfen

regards, Mac
    Thanks MAC, that sounds reasonable.

So IF management selling down is legitimately explainable and nothing to worry about, then that leaves two options, either the price was too high to begin with, or it is now way undervalued.

IF everything goes to plan then $1.70 IMHO is no where near overvalued, meaning it wasn't overpriced. That would then mean PEB has been way oversold and the current price is a steal and that the risk of being out is great than the risk of losing a few cents for buying into a downtrend now.

Please note the IF's

Disc hold.
    Last edited by nextbigthing; 27-04-2014 at 06:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by turmeric View Post
    This thing has probably been beaten to death now, but for the sake of some sort of closure (from my perspective anyway), I just thought I would post to say I received a reply from DD today. From memory it is word for word the same as the one Psychic posted a few days back - i.e that Chris Swann did NOT make this statement. I did ask that in the situation that the statement was in fact not made, why PEB chose not to clear this up at the time, but received no response.
    Far seriously, and they've had all this time to clear it up and they haven't!!! Not a good look from the management side of things!!!!

Wonder what hancock thinks of the projected 10k - 20k sales he was expecting!!!