sharetrader
Page 652 of 2129 FirstFirst ... 15255260264264864965065165265365465565666270275211521652 ... LastLast
Results 6,511 to 6,520 of 21281

Quote Originally Posted by moosie_900 View Post
    Someone doesn't want the uptrend to continue. Someone wants to accumulate more at lower prices...
    Maybe, I dunno hard to tell. Or they just clueless...

Quote Originally Posted by moosie_900 View Post
    "Do not underestimate your enemies or overestimate your friends".
    They may be doing you a favour, you might get to top up as well.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by goldfish View Post
    Maybe, I dunno hard to tell. Or they just clueless...
    Your onto it

Mac, I only asked what discount rate you were using to see if that was the reason why you think PEB is worth 170 while I reckon a lot less at about 120., especially when I have the feeling that our projected cash flows (maybe with the exception of the terminal value) are probably pretty similar. Sorry about the flak you got.

While one can do the theoretical stuff like How PWC do the sums or throw in a bit of Brennan Lally thinking to get a discount rate I take a more pragmatic / reality approach - essentially what do I want in the way of returns. A bit like the corporate finance approach of 'hurdle rates' they use to assess investments / acquisitions - usually higher than the company's cost of capital.

Reality to me is that I can get 5%-6% pa by putting cash in the bank, or having a pretty realistic expectation of getting 10% pa from RBD and over time even more than this from the likes of AIA. So I would like a greater long term return from an investment in PEB - based on where PEB is currently placed in implementing what could be a great story. That hurdle rate is 15%.

That's where my 120 (recently revised) number comes. Buy at 120 expected return of 15% pa (OKish), buy at 100 expected return increases to 18% (better still) but buy at 170 expected return is about 9% (not worth it)

Anyway that's my view. Probably in new guys eyes a load of cods wallop and in your eyes too conservative but each to their own. At least this approach works for me.

AWOL

See the 300000 odd has disappeared from 1.13. Hmmm. So if it goes back on again then it might be someone who reads sharetrader. What do you reckon, Bobcat?

For what its worth from today's Otago Daily Times (sorry couldn't find it online )

Pacific Edge named top of class

named NZs top bioscience Company at NZBIO awards

"The company's expansion in to the United States has been hugely successful."

Journalistic exuberance and no clarification of successful etc

by line Dene Mckenzie

AWOL

Quote Originally Posted by Microsloth View Post
    For what its worth from today's Otago Daily Times (sorry couldn't find it online )

Pacific Edge named top of class

named NZs top bioscience Company at NZBIO awards

"The company's expansion in to the United States has been hugely successful."

Journalistic exuberance and no clarification of successful etc

by line Dene Mckenzie
    Sounds like a bit of good old southern parochialism, we await still the defining moments of PEB's success.

The Wolf of Sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by NewGuy View Post
    My question is "why isn't PEB communicating these awards/successes to the market?"
    Valid question NG. Answer is they're too busy processing all the tests. So busy that even DD is running around the lab helping out.

Or something.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by NewGuy View Post
    My question is "why isn't PEB communicating these awards/successes to the market?"
    I believe they tweeted it but probably didn't think it warrented a NZX disclosure.