sharetrader
Page 661 of 2126 FirstFirst ... 16156161165165765865966066166266366466567171176111611661 ... LastLast
Results 6,601 to 6,610 of 21257
    AWOL

Quote Originally Posted by mis chief View Post
    Neverin the history of Sharetrader have so many had so much to opine.

And so they began to pontificate about PEB, the little New Zealand business, many hundreds of pages and thousands of posts ago. They held forth, declaimed, preached, sounded off, spouted off, gave sermons, lectures, extolled, decried, dogmatised (sometimes absurdly?), some partook in a game of one upmanship to show their knowledge (and sometimes their lack of), surmised, conflagrated, summarised,supposed, extrapolated, assumed (assumption, the mother of all stuff ups?), speculated (a great deal), planted doom and gloom, hype and hoopla, and sometimes theymade personal attacks (signs of desperation?).

So, really, have many of them had something solid and worthwhile to put forward? Or has it become all to much (or is that too much?) to any longer come to some sort of decision?

Some left, others took their place. Perhaps some of those that left did so out of boredom, or found the screeds too tedious, or too funny to take seriously, or maybe they were astonished at some of the advice being offered. Faces turned upwards to behold and follow those who posted most, perhaps in innocent acknowledgement that they were so well educated in the company in question, by sheer dint of their regular appearances on the thread.

Some even appeared to become fence jumpers (I love it, I don’t). Many panicked, very often without fair and just cause. But had the panickers been reading some of the numerous posts, it is perhaps little wonder. To a new investor, there has been much to scare him or her into selling. Just as,on the other hand, there have been many posts where one needs experience to filter out hype, pumping/dumping, smoke and mirrors, you name it, it’s all in this thread. Along with some odd grammar; their/there, or, company’s or companies, now which is which?

A certain poster has alluded to poor spelling in the past, maybe not here, but definitely elsewhere. But it’s worth a laugh sometimes, and they should egxpect (sp??) the odd spelling mistake, surely? Perhaps poor spelling emanates from the modern day txt spk(!).

Now, some many years later, what do they know and understand about PEB? Not the shareprice, the business. (Did they buy the business, or the share?) From one or two posters, they should know much, for they have given freely of a great deal of their time to help all to understand this company. And thanks are due to them. So, are all now well informed, having of course also done their own diligent research, and are they patient, or impatient, in, or out? Or having a bob each way, depending on the day? Are they investing in the share price, or the business? Or simply going around in circles?

Maybe, for some, this thread is the greatest teaching platform, for investor psychology.

I stole a post from Mac on the ATM thread (thanks Mac) “Well, perhaps the only uncertainty is that there may not be any uncertainty.”

And so they continue to pontificate............... And are they any further advanced?

Oh dear, I should of (grammar?) never started this! But don’t all you posters stop, it’s such exsellant (?) entertainment!

It’s ok people, there is a man in a white coat at my door.... I have all this noise in my head –buy/sell, sell/buy, panic/don’t panic, who, which, what, when, why? I am but an innocent bystander, watching all the posts go by.

Absolutely no offence intended to any poster, after all, there are definitely some excellent posts on this thread.
    Where's Neverin?

AWOL

Quote Originally Posted by Hancocks View Post
    Miner, you just have far too much time on your hands.
    Funny you should say that, thats what the jeweller said when I walked in wearing two watches.

AWOL

Quote Originally Posted by Yankiwi View Post
    I thought PEB's testy thing allowed the doctor to check you over without exposing the family jewels.
    I dont think its designed to take the sample at the bottom of your trouser leg.

The Wolf of Sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by Minerbarejet View Post
    I dont think its designed to take the sample at the bottom of your trouser leg.

*NBT's comment has been blocked due to it's inappropriate nature*

Where's Neverin?
    Never you mind! Actually, I had a few attempts at editing to get a space in there, but gremlins had other ideas. Take it up with admin?

I'm enjoying the humour, seems some cobwebs have been blown away.

AWOL

Never you mind! Actually, I had a few attempts at editing to get a space in there, but gremlins had other ideas. Take it up with admin?

I'm enjoying the humour, seems some cobwebs have been blown away.
    You dont need to use a depthcharge to blow away cobwebs, a simple whisk with a broom will suffice.

You dont need to use a depthcharge to blow away cobwebs, a simple whisk with a broom will suffice.
    Ahh, maybe, maybe not, but it was fun putting it together. Couldn't find the broom anyway, it was whisked off long ago.

Enjoy your wicked humour, by the way.

AWOL

Ahh, maybe, maybe not, but it was fun putting it together. Couldn't find the broom anyway, it was whisked off long ago.

Enjoy your wicked humour, by the way.
    Thank goodness you are OK. I thought for a minute you had accidentally swallowed a thesaurus.
    Cheers

Thank goodness you are OK. I thought for a minute you had accidentally swallowed a thesaurus.
    Cheers
    Um, what's a thesaurus? Sounds painful, could be less so to take one of these here tests people love to love, love to hate, would be my definitive opinion!

Time I was not here, they're letting me out tomorrow, big day ahead. but
    Last edited by mis chief; 05-05-2014 at 11:47 PM. Reason: I made a typo!

AWOL

Um, what's a thesaurus? Sounds painful, could be less so to take one of these here tests people love to love, love to hate, would be my definitive opinion!

Time I was not here, they're letting me out tomorrow, big day ahead. but
    Look it up in the dictionary. Have a nice day.