sharetrader
Page 670 of 2125 FirstFirst ... 17057062066066666766866967067167267367468072077011701670 ... LastLast
Results 6,691 to 6,700 of 21246

Quote Originally Posted by turmeric View Post
    The trouble with your post biker is that here are people such as myself who have made pretty good medium term returns on PEB that feel the same way as New Guy. If you can distance yourself from any emotional and $ ties to PEB and look at the situation impartially, it is not a good look and should have been handled better. Simple as that.
    The problem (as I see it) lies more with your myopia and less so with management.

If you follow any of Hancocks/Mac's posts it would seem that the company is following their previously stated guidelines / goal-posts (reasonably) however if you held onto this stock dearly at $1.60-$1.70 then I would suggest you were being either a little too greedy or rather foolish (presuming your a value investor and not swing trading).
    Last edited by Whipmoney; 12-05-2014 at 04:56 PM.
    Truth is like poetry. And most people f*cking hate poetry.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by geo View Post
    Hey Mac

What value would you put on Peb shares when one of the large biotech come knocking on the door again. Which they will, Peb is now a prime target the most important thing a small bio company has is it's technology and pipeline.

A platform technology and a diversified, robust pipeline are always attractive to a potential acquirer. Large biotechs are looking for small biotechs that have strong pipelines [ Peb]. Having done the hard yards to get this far it might look to some a shame to be taken over, This is always a very exciting area for investors.
    Hi Geo,

Cxbladder(detect) is quantifiable as it's in the market place already, but a takeover candidate would also need to value the prospective product pipeline which PEB have invested years of very smart R&D and funding into.

Cxbladder(triage), Cxbladder(predict), Cxcolorectal, melanoma, gastric, endometrial etc and whatever else may be in earlier in development. Also, I think the access to research from the University of Otago has a value also.

Not to mention the patents, all that proprietary IP, and the regulatory approved operational laboratories in the US and NZ, and partnered lab agreement access in Australia and Spain.

By my assessment PEB Cxbladder(detect) alone is conservatively worth as a minimum $1.70.

I would scoff at a takeover bid short of $4.00, probably would not support one at all.

It’s gone a bit quiet since all that buzz back in December, mostly from the Brokers, Craig’s in particular, in the articles below,

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11178639
    http://www.odt.co.nz/news/business/2...-edge-business

regards, Mac

Quote Originally Posted by geo View Post
    Hey Mac

What value would you put on Peb shares when one of the large biotech come knocking on the door again. Which they will, Peb is now a prime target the most important thing a small bio company has is it's technology and pipeline.

A platform technology and a diversified, robust pipeline are always attractive to a potential acquirer. Large biotechs are looking for small biotechs that have strong pipelines [ Peb]. Having done the hard yards to get this far it might look to some a shame to be taken over, This is always a very exciting area for investors.
    My best guess would be somewhere betweeen 38-50c per share.

Banned

Hi Geo,

Cxbladder(detect) is quantifiable as it's in the market place already, but a takeover candidate would also need to value the prospective product pipeline which PEB have invested years of very smart R&D and funding into.

Cxbladder(triage), Cxbladder(predict), Cxcolorectal, melanoma, gastric, endometrial etc and whatever else may be in earlier in development. Also, I think the access to research from the University of Otago has a value also.

Not to mention the patents, all that proprietary IP, and the regulatory approved operational laboratories in the US and NZ, and partnered lab agreement access in Australia and Spain.

By my assessment PEB Cxbladder(detect) alone is conservatively worth as a minimum $1.70.

I would scoff at a takeover bid short of $4.00, probably would not support one at all.

It’s gone a bit quiet since all that buzz back in December, mostly from the Brokers, Craig’s in particular, in the articles below,

regards, Mac

Quote Originally Posted by MAC View Post
    Hi Geo,

regards, Mac
    WOOOHOOO!!!
    Now there's a positive comment if I've read one on this forum! Thanks Mac for your wise words. I am a very new kid on the block and have with interest and "dismay" read some of these threads over the last few months. I know there is is always a bit of banter involved as well, but hey, lets keep it positive and look to the future PEB are on a winner here!

Quote Originally Posted by turmeric View Post
    Haha, careful there buddy, you might rub some people the wrong way There are many on this forum that have held dearly to this stock (through the days of $1.70 and below) and I would suggest they are the least myopic, arguably even the least foolish of them all....

I sold most of my holding in the range you suggest, and I'm fine with my decisions. My opinion is what it is, take it or leave it. My point to Biker is, it is not just those that are sitting on paper loses, or even those that are hurting from the fall from $1.7 that hold similar views to NewGuy.

Anyway this has been done to death, I'm looking forward to some hard numbers now!
    Well firstly I think that they have already heard my views back on pages 347-350 and 422-425

Quote Originally Posted by Whipmoney View Post
    27-02-2014:

With PEB's Market Cap being now in excess of $500m and its current sales being less than $1m, I would be cautious about ascribing MAC's investment style to that of the Buffet/Graham Value Investing philosophy.

This is clearly a high-risk growth play and completely out of the realm of the Buffet Methodology.
    On a more cheery note I think the current SP is mildly attractive. I would be interested in KW's or Hoop's TA commentary however.
    Last edited by Whipmoney; 12-05-2014 at 05:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MAC View Post
    Hi Geo,

regards, Mac
    Thanks Mac

I guess it's wait and see I am picking later this year for an offer.

Banned

Not sure about positive, but consistent at least.

My guess would be that if we see a takeover bid this year it would occur shortly after Pacific Edge achieving profitability, guidance from the company is that this should occur at HY15 in November.

But with the SP being so absolutely oversold at present I wouldn't be surprised to see it in the papers tomorrow.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by moosie_900 View Post
    I do not think we will see any M&A activity until PEB puts some runs on the board. The positive narrative that buying PEB could be bought out by the likes of P&G for relative peanuts (but huge money for us) is also a negative; these biotechs can wait until traction (or not) has been made and sit on their hands until then. Why would they pay $1B+ for a company that, as of yet, has no traction in the market?
    because they know it works and they can use their distribution channels/influence to ensure it gets traction. If they let it get traction, that let that benefit accrue tonthe current shareholders.

XRO was a takeover target when it was cheap, not now that the price already factors in over 1m customers.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by squirrel View Post
    WOOOHOOO!!!
    Now there's a positive comment if I've read one on this forum! Thanks Mac for your wise words. I am a very new kid on the block and have with interest and "dismay" read some of these threads over the last few months. I know there is is always a bit of banter involved as well, but hey, lets keep it positive and look to the future PEB are on a winner here!
    Squirrel--just keep in mind that warm glow you are feeling is the same warm glow newbies like yourself felt when they bought in at $1.70

Like many have said -its a speculative stock(no matter what any one says to the contrary)--doesnt mean not to buy in with some of your investment money--but it was speculative at .50--speculative at 1.70-and speculative back down to 1.11---keep your feet on the ground.---Time will tell if its a Whooohooo or a boooohooow!
    Last edited by skid; 12-05-2014 at 05:58 PM.