sharetrader
Page 674 of 2125 FirstFirst ... 17457462466467067167267367467567667767868472477411741674 ... LastLast
Results 6,731 to 6,740 of 21246
    AWOL

Quote Originally Posted by snapiti View Post
    thanks turmeric you have explained it very well and the info you emailed me supports exactly what you are saying.
    I must say, again, that my research indicate's that alot in the industry do not like bio markers that present false positive results.
    You can bet your house that patients dont like it as well.
    So it is clear that cx bladder is superior to other products with sensitivity but that has come at a cost with specificity(false positive's).
    Wont loose any sleep over it but I will go to bed with a better understanding of the product.
    I am dissappointed in now knowing that cx bladders competitors have the edge on cx bladder in one very important area.
    I spent some time today updating my research on the chat about cx bladder on the US bladder cancer forums and cancer society websites.
    Unforetunately I can confirm that cx bladder is still almost none exsistant on these sites.
    I believe this will be a good indicator of sale's traction.
    Just a thought on the forums, consider the numbers participating on the various sites currently and how they may relate to the number of persons presenting with haematuria. I suggest they are a minority by comparison
    Most of the unfortunates on the sites already have bladder cancer or are being treated for it. The bladder cancer has been detected eventually by other means earlier. The only possible use for cxbladder for them is as a monitoring tool. Dont think that is the primary intent - its to establish if bladder cancer is present and causing the haematuria of many many more people than the unlucky ones who test positive.

If it is any help to you guys I just phoned a urologist nurse and asked her opinion on cxbladder. Basically it is good in that it is a cost and time saving procedure as well as none invasive and she has shares in the company.

So my point being if someone who knows more about the subject than all of you key board doctors put together and has shares in the company surely that is a good thing.

Better talking to an expert than surfing forum posts and basing the companies potential on what forum junkies have to say.

Last edited by Tsuba; 16-05-2014 at 04:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsuba View Post
    If it is any help to you guys I just phoned a urologist nurse and asked her opinion on cxbladder. Basically it is good in that it is a cost and time saving procedure as well as none invasive and she has shares in the company.

So my point being if someone who knows more about the subject than all of you key board doctors put together and has shares in the company surely that is a good thing.

Better talking to an expert than surfing forum posts and basing the companies potential on what forum junkies have to say.

Well said and well done I agree absolutely.

Banned

AWOL

Why are you here then.
    What a joke!
    Here's the latest of so many companies that those in the industry including the CEO have just lost a fortune on QRX.
    Not to mention I had a good friend that worked for navman electronic's(before they were bought out) a GPS company he keeped telling me that RAK's gps units for hand held device's were going to make him rich.
    What's next investing in NZR cause the gas pump attendent at BP said it was a good investment..... pass me another tui.
    Hi Snap,
    I believe you are holding some of these PEB shares. Could you enlighten us as to what was the deciding factor in your purchase.
    Cheers (Tui)
    Miner

Quote Originally Posted by Tsuba View Post

Tsuba, any more info on the urologist nurse you spoke with? New Zealand based or overseas?
    Is the practice she's at employing cxBladder in their clinical pipeline? Or planning to?
    Thanks for sharing this research with us. Ignore the ridiculous comparssion with petrol pump attendants in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Minerbarejet View Post
    Hi Snap,
    I believe you are holding some of these PEB shares. Could you enlighten us as to what was the deciding factor in your purchase.
    Cheers (Tui)
    Miner
    Oh, I bet he was also holding some RAK shares too - don't you worry. Snap will probably hold a bit of everything...wouldn't want to miss out on anything that might just rise (In price!!)
    Last edited by Dentie; 17-05-2014 at 08:17 AM. Reason: Accuracy

Guru

Why are you here then.
    What a joke!
    Here's the latest of so many companies that those in the industry including the CEO have just lost a fortune on QRX.
    Not to mention I had a good friend that worked for navman electronic's(before they were bought out) a GPS company he keeped telling me that RAK's gps units for hand held device's were going to make him rich.
    What's next investing in NZR cause the gas pump attendent at BP said it was a good investment..... pass me another tui.
    He may have been referring to the US cancer forums that was brought up,favoring his nurses opinion over theirs.
    I believe that ,those on that forum,although they may have been diagnosed already, would definitely be ''in the mode'' and would most likely have heard about CX Bladder if it was out there in relevant numbers--(that may change though)
    Its obvious by all the research that things are not as simple as alot of us may have originally thought-ie.-what institutions will be looking at the ''false positives'' issues and how will that affect their decisions and will these decisions be influenced by some of the big players that they are already doing business with.-will this affect their discount structure? Lobbying is a way of life in the US and it affects almost everything that happens in the Gov. and we know that some Corp (drug companies) have very deep pockets.
    At what point, in terms of market saturation does CX become a threat? (I would venture to say -not at this point) And if the perceived threat becomes real will they respond with lobbying their product more aggressively (back room deals) or simply buy out PEB-or nothing at all.
    We know the product is good(although not in the realm of a ''cure'' breakthrough),but there are many things we dont know.
    A great share to take a punt with spec. funds set aside-but perhaps a bit risky to bet the farm on.(sure is alot more interesting to follow than the boring ole blue chip shares though)
    Last edited by skid; 17-05-2014 at 09:40 AM.

I am here Snapiti because I find the information and research done by the likes of MAC a lot more factual, conducive and informative than the info that the forum surfers put up.

A good example would be when you spent hours surfing overseas urological forums and came up with the conclusion that the sales report will be low simply because you could not find truck loads of people talking about cxbladder. That, to me, seems a bit of a joke.

But no doubt when or if the sale report is small you will say I told you so because I found the smoking gun on my forum search..

This will be my last contribution to this forum unless the Dunedin based urologist I left a message with gets back to me.

The nurse I spoke to is the Otago region one. If the Dunedin urologist gets back to me I will ask him more questions abouts its use here in NZ etc and will ask him about sensitivity and specificity.

I may give the nurse another phone call and ask her more of the above questions if I do not hear from the doctor.

Last edited by Tsuba; 17-05-2014 at 03:45 PM.

Guru

Im off to Montreal in a month and have a brother in law who works in finance for Bristol Meyer--Im hoping I will get an insight into how things work over there a bit more--Good to hear feedback from doctors and Nurses though as well Tsuba.
    Good to have info on all fronts
    First you need to have a good product--then you need to succeed in the market.--Both of these are important