sharetrader
Page 678 of 2129 FirstFirst ... 17857862866867467567667767867968068168268872877811781678 ... LastLast
Results 6,771 to 6,780 of 21281
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Hoop View Post
    Bollinger Bands are starting to squeeze up again...When this happens it suggests either a trend change or change of tempo of the existing trend. As PEB is trendless atm the Bollinger Bands are suggesting then will be a trend forming..

Will the future trend be up or down...We don't know for sure.
    We can observe trading behaviour for clues such as insider trading..of course they will be amongst all the other traders both long term and short term, optimistic and pessimistic traders all smudging the overall trading results of the day...

Charting using momentum & money flows indicators etc can pick up the larger insider movements...

Below is the PEB chart with expanded indicators and less S&R lines drawn in..Although DMI is only a price behaviour indicator I have added it because its a fast enough indicator to pick up price changes however it won't react to slow stealth buying as it is not designed for that .... but its my favourite..

From the chart it shows RSI and the MACD have fired buy signals. Both indicators have momentum variables incorporated in them but as you can see the momentum indicator says its not the momentum causing the 2 buy signals ...The OBV is showing volume/price pressure is neutral...so these 2 buy signals must be from something else...maybe but not likely it could be stealth buying the disciplinced buying of just enough shares as to not cause a change in price hence trying to stay unnoticed long enough to complete their slow accumulation..

Its very possible it isn't stealth buying either..so the most likely behaviour that the indicators have picked up would be the low volume behaviour of small fussy buyers and sellers wanting their price and both not in a hurry to buy/sell.

Anyway time will tell which way PEB will go after this trendless period....

Note:..Normally with volatile stocks the outcome from squeezed Bollinger Bands isn't very long......but looking back on the chart history (July/August 2013) there was a period when PEB wasn't very volatile and the squeezed bands lasted 6 weeks...

Your post is starting to sound very interesting Hoop

Quote Originally Posted by snapiti View Post
    my dogs is keen to volunteer
    Woof, woof.

NZX50 would have been heaps better off not kicking HLG out for PEB

PEB down 35% since close of Mar 21 while HLG up 18%

Throw out winners and replace with losers - index trackers would love that. Luckily only a small weighting so real dosh lost .... but hasn't the industry done with all the selling and buying and clipping the ticket on the way through

I had a beagle a few years ago, (sadly she died of cancer too early), that was so clever she could smell me open a packet of chocolate biscuts in my bedroom from the other end of the house, (its a big long house), through two sets of closed doors, she'd push the double doors of the lounge open and come stratching on the bedroom door. Now I thought that was bloody clever but this business of smelling ovarian cancer with a 90% success rate is even more remarkable...actually speaking of things woofy this stock is...
    Last edited by Beagle; 20-05-2014 at 05:34 PM.

AWOL

no such thing as a triple bottom.... run to the hills
    This share is rewriting the charts - another bounce up 3% off $1.00.
    Only 67 cents to go eh Mac.

Could be next week, never know your luck.

AWOL

was that only 67% to go that you ment Miner........
    I'm doing due diligence on that one, Snap

I meant 67 cents to get to macs 1.70 from 1.03

67% of 1.03 is 69cents which would make 1.72

In some circles this would be considered highly inaccurate.
    Last edited by Minerbarejet; 20-05-2014 at 08:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Minerbarejet View Post
    I'm doing due diligence on that one, Snap

I meant 67 cents to get to macs 1.70 from 1.03

67% of 1.03 is 69cents which would make 1.72

In some circles this would be considered highly inaccurate.
    Whats the specificity calculation for that .....or is it sensitivity metric

AWOL

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Whats the specificity calculation for that .....or is it sensitivity metric
    Depends if you are a burglar or not.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by skid View Post
    Your post is starting to sound very interesting Hoop
    Yes it didn't take long..eh ...
    The Bollinger Band squeeze answer of whether the price is going to trend up or down is looking dour .... todays close to touch the low BB line is not good news...neither is the price moving away downward from the EMA200.
    The only good piece of news today was that PEB tested its support area (intraday) and succeeded thereby making that Support (99c) fractionally stronger.That support 99/100c as at 5.00pm close today has 11 buyers..The reality is however, at this moment in time, PEB is a very high TA risk share...

Hoop, is this a descending triangle forming? Does not look like a triple bottom pattern...