sharetrader
Page 697 of 2125 FirstFirst ... 19759764768769369469569669769869970070170774779711971697 ... LastLast
Results 6,961 to 6,970 of 21246
    AWOL

Quote Originally Posted by snapiti View Post
    at risk of being bagged by the PEB bulls but I was worried that the company would produce this sort of mild positive news plus rhetoric shortly before the 6 monthly.
    Sorry boy's and girl's this sort of behavior is a clear indication that the company believe's the market will be disappointed with the 6 monthly.
    I'm going to frame that
    Cheers
    Miner

at risk of being bagged by the PEB bulls but I was worried that the company would produce this sort of mild positive news plus rhetoric shortly before the 6 monthly.
    Sorry boy's and girl's this sort of behavior is a clear indication that the company believe's the market will be disappointed with the 6 monthly.
    No bagging here but wouldn't you save this sort of news until after the sales results. This would then provide a bit of positive news that the process is still continuing despite the disappointing result. All hypothetical....

Quote Originally Posted by Toasty View Post
    No bagging here but wouldn't you save this sort of news until after the sales results. This would then provide a bit of positive news that the process is still continuing despite the disappointing result. All hypothetical....
    Aren't listed companies required to release information that may have a material affect on the shareprice as soon as they know about it? To do anything otherwise would be market manipulation would it not?

Given that this agreement is roughly as significant as the previous three combined I don't see how it could not be considered material under the Continuous Disclosure rules 10.1.1.

Interesting to note that the announcement was actually dated yesterday. So possibly it was signed on Friday or over the weekend?
    Truth is like poetry. And most people f*cking hate poetry.

Are you suggesting PEB executives have had this signed off long before now and have been delaying its announcement until this week - leading up to their sales reporting? If so, I think that is a serious suggestion Snapiti ... some might even say scurrilous or mischievous - especially if your suggestion is wrong. If your suggestion is correct, then it would be market manipulation ...surely.

I've emailed the company for clarity.

Sorry, missed Longhaul's post ...didn't mean to duplicate.
    Last edited by Dentie; 26-05-2014 at 11:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Longhaul View Post
    Aren't listed companies required to release information that may have a material affect on the shareprice as soon as they know about it? To do anything otherwise would be market manipulation would it not?
    Precisely. Note the announcement is dated 25 May. They released as soon as practicable.

These unfounded, seemingly naive, allegations from snapti do little for his reputation as a reliable source of information. Not that I would surmise the level of his reputation to begin with...

That's a bit cynical Snapiti. The news is worthy of a market announcement.

The thing that has me suspicious is the timing of the Salt on-market buy, together with this announcement. But that's probably just me being cynical.

That's a bit cynical Snapiti. The news is worthy of a market announcement.

The thing that has me suspicious is the timing of the Salt on-market buy, together with this announcement. But that's probably just me being cynical.

Quote Originally Posted by Longhaul View Post
    Good point. Luckily I don't currently run any listed NZX companies. I would be in trouble pretty quickly...

history shows us it is a classic move from many companies that believe the coming results will disappoint the market that prior to that announcement they will put a positive spin on future prospects.
    Or is it a coincidence that the company ha been very quiet for months and the week the 6 monthly is due out they suddenly have some positive news to speak of........ yeah right pass me another tui.
    More of concern was the timely addition of positive rhetoric contained with this announcement.
    I am afraid this is confirmation that PEB are playing the smoke and mirrors game.
    I'm afraid this post is confirmation that the benefit of the doubt that you have something useful to add has expired.