sharetrader
Page 699 of 2125 FirstFirst ... 19959964968969569669769869970070170270370974979911991699 ... LastLast
Results 6,981 to 6,990 of 21246

Mind you the 'rhetoric' isn't quite as good as this from another company at the same stage of development a few years ago.

The Chairman speaking at a ASM

By way of background I will read to you a couple of paragraphs from a
    comprehensive article in the April 28th issue of the Economist this year
    entitled "When everything connects" an article I thoroughly recommend.

The opening paragraphs read;
    "The wireless was once a big wood-panelled machine glowing faintly in the corner of the living room. Today's wireless device is the sleek mobile phone nestling in your pocket. In coming years wireless will vanish from view, as communications chips are embedded in a host of everyday objects. Such chips, and networks that link then together, could yet prove to be the most potent wireless of them all.

Just as microprocessors have been built into everything in the past decades, so wireless communications will become part of objects big or small. The possibilities are legion. Gizmos and gadgets will talk to other devices-and be serviced and upgraded from afar. Sensors on buildings and bridges will run them efficiently and ensure that they are safe. Wireless systems on farmland will measure temperature and humidity and control irrigation systems. Tags will certify the origins and distribution of food and medicines. Tiny chips on or in people's bodies will send vital signs to clinics to help keep them healthy."

The closing paragraph reads;
    "What is different about new wireless communications is that people will barely notice them. Machines will talk to machines without human intervention. But humans will nevertheless be laying the foundation of a new infrastructure which, like the electrical power grid, will become a platform for subsequent innovation. There is no saying how it will be used other than that it will surprise us."

This "wirelessness" is what gives your Directors considerable confidence about the opportunities for growth that our technologies and energies can harvest for the future. And as the economist points out many of the applications that will use our products are as yet unknown. Our belief is that our creations based on quartz will remain at the centre of all this growth and change.

And they went on to zillions of little gizmos
    Last edited by winner69; 26-05-2014 at 01:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by snapiti View Post
    I was not trying to imply the company is deliberately withholding materiel information.
    I am implying that management have a hand in when these sorts of deals are finalized.
    Quite different.
    You are right they have little control, due to disclosure law's, when they inform the market.
    So what exactly is that you are saying then? That you think they deliberately withheld/delayed this announcement so they could post it closer to the time of the announcement just bolster a perceived weakness in their stock price following the release of their sales data?

Because conversely that would also imply that they deliberately created a vaccuum of information and stood by whilst their market cap lost tens (if not hundreds) of millions of dollars in value.

I think you need to re-think your argument..
    Last edited by Whipmoney; 26-05-2014 at 02:21 PM.
    Truth is like poetry. And most people f*cking hate poetry.

Quote Originally Posted by Minerbarejet View Post
    Why would the Economist reprint this 7 years after it was first published?
    Just an example of company rhetoric of a yeas ago. Rhetoric that gave the punters the warm fuzzies and pushed the price up.

Wasn't PEB off course

Snapiti, when I woke up I noticed my shoe was upside down on my bedroom floor.

Then it started to rain.

I think the fact my shoe was upside down caused the rain because I noticed it. I'll test again tomorrow.

The analogy here is this: if the SP drops then you will claim some whacked out idiosyncratic reasoning as to why it happened.

At the moment your reasoning is... Criminal non disclosure and artificial rhetoric... Let's see what you move on to tomorrow.

I'll be leaving my shoe upside down and let you know if it rains.

Quote Originally Posted by Minerbarejet View Post
    The field of coverage has just doubled.
    Is it reasonable to suggest that the sales figures in May, whatever they are, can be doubled at next report in Nov as a rough guideline plus whatever expotential advancements are made with the current providers?
    Agreed, hence my strategy is three fold:

a) If poor result - wait for sell down then buy on the recovery/upswing, holding through to November;
    b) If mediocre result - hold what I have and perhaps buy more later;
    c) If good result (or better) - immediately buy more.

BC
    To foretell the future, one must first unlock the secrets of the past.

Robbo

So your shoe knew it was going to rain so it ended up upside down hoping your feet would not get wet when you put it on. A very thoughtful shoe

The only time my cat comes home (except when its dinner time) is when it's about to rain I'll check tomorrow morning and let you know if he is in.

The sun came out just after I posted my shoes message.

I have to reconsider my processes now.

Banned

Is this Snapiti guy serious?
    His logic is...... wow.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Smile I can just imagine the phone conversation

...Merely pointing out that the company has a hand in the timing of the conclusion to negotiations.
    Ring, ring...
    Ring, ring...

DD: David Darling
    JW: Jackie here and don't call be Darling! OK we have got MultiPlan all ready to sign up, we are doing it tomorrow.
    DD: No, not tomorrow, stall them.
    JW: What?
    DD: We need to push some good news just before we put out the full year and have to admit that you guys have not actually sold anything despite you saying it was as easy as peeing into a bucket. So stall them.
    JW: How?
    DD: I do not know your the sales people you must be able to come up with some good bull****, you usually do. Just delay it till the 25th or else.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger

Disc: The above is totally fictitious.
    om mani peme hum

one thing is for sure there will be a few on this thread who got sucked into the RAK rhetoric.... but of course this time it different.
    Boy are you a happy chappy. But at least you have instigated some entertainment today.