sharetrader
Page 761 of 2127 FirstFirst ... 26166171175175775875976076176276376476577181186112611761 ... LastLast
Results 7,601 to 7,610 of 21261

Quote Originally Posted by robbo24 View Post
    If you extend your chart a bit further (2 years) it doesn't really look like there is any kind of "gap" between 70 and 50.

70 looked like strong resistance a year and a bit ago. The amateur traders gap (if you want to call it a gap, technically the big white stick from 70 to 170 isn't a gap) was surely that big rise upwards. Fear of missing out.

Is 70 the bottom? Remains to be seen, will watch with great interest.

70 was, after all, strong ass resistance so will it now be strong ass support?
    Man, I'm practically the new moosie_900.

Quote Originally Posted by turmeric View Post
    I'd suggest some investors are "crying" as well Dentie and it is about the company and the business! You don't have to agree but it most certainly is the reality. Only takes 2 minutes of reading tis thread to see it!

I get your point that you think true long investors will be shaking this off, but some true investors are not. They are either 1) hurting right now - a lot of them in the red or 2) have bailed on this sometime on its way down from $1.75 to $0.75.

Remember also that investing long does not necessarily mean blindly holding no matter what the SP does. Many longs got out long ago when the signs were there that the SP was not going to hold. That doesn't make them traders, it simply means they were ahead of the game a little.
    Thanks for the insight Mr T. May I suggest the only reason true investors would be crying is they didn't buy in at what might be termed the correct time. I would think most "investors" would base their buying decisions based on doing some fundamental analysis first (with the buy button being pressed on some TA perhaps?). With the SP roaring upwards so rapidly from October last year, it appeared to be driven by traders. This thread has been so loud in its stance of there "not being any sales" to justify the SP - so down she goes. That being the case (in hindsight of course), why would one buy in BEFORE the release of sales?

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    goonna gert thumped towards that 55 - 60c level
    Not today. Closed up 5% at 81c.
    Last edited by biker; 04-06-2014 at 05:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NewGuy View Post
    Even investors occasionally get caught up in the hype. I know I did. My fault for not doing enough research, but hey I'm only human.
    As we all are NG. I was one of the ones who got caught in the little bit of hype generated on the SNK thread. We all hopefully learn our lessons though.

give it time biker i never say today
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Methinks are few did bull

Capitulation (the final wash out) was late morning at 68/69 ---- strong buying since

Might see a buck next week
    Buck next week a real possibility now that capitulation has happened. Last time I saw a good clean out was MBE at 17 cents odd ....went all the way to 35 after that

And balance is talking $1.25 foe PEB - soon he said

Jeez $1.25 would be a 75% gain ...nice

Hope you joined the fun snaps

Quote Originally Posted by Copper View Post
    It's getting late in the day it's all,you said,I said ,he said ,and whether you ar FA or TA. Etc etc.From a person who does not know the highly technical stuff on charting and has limited financial acumen my tuppence worth is that the thing is starting to slow up on it's slide and we are looking at that 65/70 area where we started from.We may not get there but there is a possibility that region may be hit on a bad NASDAQ,bad weather and grumpy poster day,if only the final panic.My gut feeling is that a bid left in to buy around that level would not be a bad approach.If by chance you got some I think no one including Snapiti ,Moosie and Balance would think other than a reasonable gamble.....Just an opinion .cheers.
    Interesting in hindsight.They were 85.Therefore by this research all you need is a grumpy poster day like today....cheers

AWOL

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Buck next week a real possibility now that capitulation has happened. Last time I saw a good clean out was MBE at 17 cents odd ....went all the way to 35 after that

And balance is talking $1.25 foe PEB - soon he said

Jeez $1.25 would be a 75% gain ...nice

Hope you joined the fun snaps
    Thats what I'm waiting for. Snapiti to become the raging bull again. Not far away me thinks.

Quote Originally Posted by snapiti View Post
    not sure I am a raging bull I did buy back half my shares I sold at 95cps last week for 70cps today.
    That's no big secrete as I did PM 3 people that I had done it earlier today.
    What's the opposite of a pump and dump? Bag and snag?

Quote Originally Posted by moosie_900 View Post
    Wouldn't wish that on anyone!

Well, we finally had our capitulation and bounce. Question is, will it be a dead cat bounce?

You still holding BC?
    Yep, a couple of weeks ago when I discovered PEB had almost all NZ's DHBs on board, I decided to put what I bought for $1.02 into my bottom drawer (LT investment), and look for separate trading opportunities after the May 30 result.

20 mins after today's market open, I put a good sized bid on market at 68c. First drop bounced off 69, and then rose to 75. I pulled my bid and turned my attention to other stocks. By the time I came back, it had dropped again to just touch 68c but was up again to 76c, and not so appealing to the trader in me...but (wisdom in hindsight) if I'd left my bid @68, some of it would probably have been hit. I still think my strategy was sound, only this time the big trout I was stalking got away by a wisker.

We got a higher close today but still both a lower low and lower high than yesterday, and so tomorrow may present another opportunity to buy low. For what it's worth, I'm picking a low in the low 70's tomorrow and a higher high, with the resistance at 85c (and possibly 90c) tested by the weekend...unless of course there's a market announcement in which case I'll be eating my words.

Either way, I'm a holder.

Are you out for good, or still hunting?
    Last edited by Bobcat.; 04-06-2014 at 06:27 PM.
    To foretell the future, one must first unlock the secrets of the past.