sharetrader
Page 782 of 2125 FirstFirst ... 28268273277277877978078178278378478578679283288212821782 ... LastLast
Results 7,811 to 7,820 of 21246

Quote Originally Posted by blobbles View Post
    Just a quick question, is the SP being manipulated?

2 (or 3?) days in a row the SP has plummeted pretty low then late buying at the very end of the day sees the SP end where it started. Is this just me being paranoid? Or do big players play this game so to avoid the traders freaking out when MA lines cross and cause the SP to drop on the back of a huge sell off?

Am genuinely interested, aren't asking this to provoke arguments.
    I suspect that is the definition of "accumulation". Richard D. Wyckoff himself would be proud of that of that kind of carry on.
    Truth is like poetry. And most people f*cking hate poetry.

Like most of us here Moosie, and with all due respect, I think you see what you want to see...

The Wolf of Sharetrader

For those of us interested in the AGM...

21st August is the big day. Other details TBC.

http://pacificedge.co.nz/news-and-me...dar-of-events/

Quote Originally Posted by NewGuy View Post
    I think its more likely that people attending decided to bail of their own volition. And please don't forget, I am WELL LONG on this stock, so have absolutely nothing to gain from knocking it. I have carved out a professional reputation for calilng things as I see them, and todays reporting of last night's event was just another example.
    Thanks, NG - you are a champ.

I read the thread today and I read some posters letting the sp run their view of the stock.

Learnt the hard and valuable lesson a long time ago to let one's view determine the sp level to get in and get out.

One's view is determined by a fundamental assessment.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    I read the thread today and I read some posters letting the sp run their view of the stock.

Learnt the hard and valuable lesson a long time ago to let one's view determine the sp level to get in and get out.

One's view is determined by a fundamental assessment.
    This makes no sense to me?

I too assess company's on a purely fundamental basis through which I determine an intrinsic (fundamental) value.

This value however is still relative to the current/recent share-price, I.e if my value per share exceeds the current price then the stock is trading at a discount and I should in theory buy more..

I can't see why you would disassociate the current price of the stock with your fundamental views of the company though as that would mean you could buy a good company at too high of a price for the return to effectively compensate you for the risk involved.
    Last edited by Whipmoney; 19-06-2014 at 10:16 PM.

Ps: I see examples of the above all the time.

People re-iterating that PEB for example will (could) be a $3-$4 stock in 2,3,x years time.

So what? That doesn't necessarily mean you should pay $2, $1.50 or even a $1 now.

It may well be $4 in the future and your expected return could range from 100% to 300+% however there will be a ****load of volatility in your range of returns and there could be say a 30%-50% chance that it will end up at a price lower than you paid for it.

When it comes to investing risk and reward go hand in hand and what many seem to forget is that all things being equal: Stocks get LESS risky when they go down in price as there is more upside per unit of risk.

NB: I say 'all things being equal' simply because a stock price heading to zero (e.g pike river) is often a sign that the business or credit risk has deteriorated completely.

So following my example above, despite what the technicians say this stock is now LESS risky than what it was at $1.70.

The guys with real skin in the game here don't remain invested in the hope that the PEB story may come through Snapiti.

They know it will come through, and they know that this will take time.

There will be no meaningful sales is the US until they get CMS and Vet coverage. Insurers will follow CMS mostly.

Bluecross is a significant voice and its next review is Nov - it's Corp Policy already mentions cxbladder I think in anticipation of CMS approval.

CMS and Veterans will want the recommendation of Urologists, and PEB are talking to the Urologists and gaining that support.

I think there is still considerable misunderstanding here around the four Payor announcements. These are not Insurers, they only facilitate payments once the Insurers have approved. Necessary in long run, but really only administrative ticks for now.

Either you believe in the Science or you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by NewGuy View Post
    Correct. The lower the SP, the less risky a stock (all other things being equal). Come on guys, this is pretty simple stuff!
    Operative sentence - all other things being equal.

What we are seeing here (and this has been stated before by other posters) is a realignment of expectations.

So those getting out (because their expectations have not been met) are selling their shares to those who believe the sp now will provide them excellent returns relative to their expectations.

Bit like those who sold PEB at 42 cents and at $1.55 - one was right and the other was wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by psychic View Post
    The guys with real skin in the game here don't remain invested in the hope that the PEB story may come through Snapiti.

They know it will come through, and they know that this will take time.

There will be no meaningful sales is the US until they get CMS and Vet coverage. Insurers will follow CMS mostly.

Bluecross is a significant voice and its next review is Nov - it's Corp Policy already mentions cxbladder I think in anticipation of CMS approval.

CMS and Veterans will want the recommendation of Urologists, and PEB are talking to the Urologists and gaining that support.

I think there is still considerable misunderstanding here around the four Payor announcements. These are not Insurers, they only facilitate payments once the Insurers have approved. Necessary in long run, but really only administrative ticks for now.

Either you believe in the Science or you don't.
    No such thing as a sure thing. Any tips on how they are going to get to $100M in sales in the next 4.5 years (200K 2014> 99.8M 2019)?
    Last edited by Schrodinger; 20-06-2014 at 09:49 AM.