sharetrader
Page 815 of 2127 FirstFirst ... 31571576580581181281381481581681781881982586591513151815 ... LastLast
Results 8,141 to 8,150 of 21269
    The Wolf of Sharetrader

Paper Tiger,

Have you sent a query through to PEB re your figures?

Cheers, NBT

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    PT's challenge to PEB's numbers seems to have been. Met with deathly silence from the PEB believers
    Yes, been hoping for a bit of debate on this from those that may have the knowledge. Unlike PT, I am much less comfortable with numbers and the whole pos and neg predictive value thing leaves me as confused as PT's article suggests the MD's may be.

I don't know how PEB could publish an incorrect PPV, would like PT to challenge them on it. Am sure DD would reply immediately. I'm guessing there must be an explanation for it.

I'd also like PT's explanation of the effect - dumbed down if he would not mind. I understood that the value of the test was its high Negative Predictive Value (ie we need to have confidence that if the test result is negative then there is a very high likelihood that the result is true.
    A lower PPV will mean more patients would be sent for further analysis. ??

Banned

Peb to launch e-commerce site so kiwis can order test kit direct good idea aye

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Needs to be revalued as an internet company now

Even better if Darling said it was cloud based .... missed an opportunity there methinks

Banned

Needs to be revalued as an internet company now

Even better if Darling said it was cloud based .... missed an opportunity there methinks
    I think there's a big market in all countries they enter for direct ordering perhaps they could team up with SLI? A lot of runners for instance would order via this method just to give them piece of mind without visiting their GP.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    A good proactive and positive move, for many with cancer, and I can assure you, $350 for a test and a little peace of mind is a worthwhile thing. Should promote some healthy GP discussion too when patients knock on the door with the results. Hopefully they will roll it out in the US too.

https://www.nzx.com/files/attachments/196688.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by MAC View Post
    Well, all the phD scientists at Pacific Edge, their internationally experienced scientific advisory board, the clinical trial review board, and the journal of urology could all be right about the merits of Cxbladder, or, a Tiger with an opinion on the internet could be right, ....... time will surely tell.

http://www.pacificedge.co.nz/about-u...ific-advisory/

That crossed my mind too. The doom merchants are happy to take the word of an anonymous expert in the field of statistical analysis who apparently has more knowledge and access to the data than the people employed by PEB to analyze the data. I could say I am a urologist and think the test is crap and those people would believe me. Off to feed the chooks.

At least the Tiger with an opinion on the internet said "But at the end of the day what really matters is sales and profits"

Sales and profits don't seem to be part of the language that all the phD scientists at Pacific Edge, their internationally experienced scientific advisory board, the clinical trial review board, speak

I doubt that Darling has ever seen a P&L showing a profit in his life
    If you think they aren't interested in making money you really are a winner there mateeee.

I don't really see how this is necessary and will contribute to sales meaningfully. Surely there could be a better use of resources.

I thought they where targetting urologists and thats why most doctors i seem to talk to have never heard of it. Now they are doing internet sales for people in nz, really, this is what there sales team can come up with.