sharetrader
Page 826 of 2126 FirstFirst ... 32672677681682282382482582682782882983083687692613261826 ... LastLast
Results 8,251 to 8,260 of 21251

Had my renal ultrasound yesterday and kidneys and bladder looked good. Cytology results are also back and is also good.

The Rat is starting to get more perky after these two positive results and is cautiously hopeful his cystoscopy scheduled for 31 July will also be good...so was pondering on the way home...as you do...
    I specifically asked the question of the Waitemata DHB (in my complaint e.mail in late June as to lack of follow up action following my admission of 1 June for haematuria), whether they would fund a CX bladder test for me.
    Their response, (from a DHB that was part of the pilot programme using the CX bladder test), was to send me for cytology, then renal ultrasound and then cystoscopy.
    1. Hmmm, does that mean they aren't using the CX Bladder test at all as I would have thought a one-off presentation with Haematuria at the Waitemata DHB would have been a classic case for the use of CX Bladder ?
    2. When the DHB registrar doctor called me about my compliant I asked again, whether the CX Bladder test was appropriate for my circumstances he said he's never heard of the CX Bladder test...WTF ?
    3. As mentioned previously, my doctor also in the Waitemata zone has also never heard of it.
    4. I am the accountant for a client who owns a large medical building in the Waitemata DHB area and have got to know one of the senior doctors there quite well so I thought I'd ring him yesterday.
    By quite remarkable coincidence he'd had a haematuria himself last year so we have a good open and frank discussion about things. He was aware of the CX Bladder test, (a strong sense of relief flowed over me), but quickly went on too say you can't beat the established treatment methodology that's been prescribed too me, which is exactly the procedure he followed for himself.

If this is how it is in N.Z. in a DHB area that was part of the original pilot programme its difficult to draw any other conclusion that the company has a very steep uphill battle to gain widespread commercial use of this procedure, especially in a volume sufficient to generate considerable commercial success.
    Based on the recommendations I've received from a number of health care professionals I'll be following the time honoured and long established method even if it is unpleasant to have a camera on a tube shoved up your dick.

This is not an attempt to dis the test procedure nor am I short PEB. Please DYOR and decide for yourself what weight, if any, to place on this feedback from the coal-face.

Disc, no longer a holder of this stock.
    Last edited by Beagle; 16-07-2014 at 09:22 AM.

Edited this.
    Last edited by Beagle; 16-07-2014 at 09:17 AM. Reason: Inadvertant double post.

Last edited by NZSilver; 16-07-2014 at 09:16 AM.

Thanks guys. I'm cautiously hopeful my one-off haematuria was nothing more than a bad urinary track infection as it cleared up quickly with antibiotics and all this subsequent testing is looking good.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Thanks guys. I'm cautiously hopeful my one-off haematuria was nothing more than a bad urinary track infection as it cleared up quickly with antibiotics and all this subsequent testing is looking good.
    Sounds like you've got it beat mate, excellent as a suggestion start taking 500mg-1000mg of vitamin C daily split into 2 doses this will prevent any further UTIs as it keeps the acidity level of the urine at a bacteria unfriendly level

Has anyone got any idea of what the top 100 holders are doing? I recall an earlier post that suggested they were holding by and large.

Quote Originally Posted by Longhaul View Post
    Has anyone got any idea of what the top 100 holders are doing? I recall an earlier post that suggested they were holding by and large.
    Hate to ruin Balance's secret or create extra paperwork for PEB staff, but the Companies Act requires companies to maintain a register of shareholders. It is a matter of public record. Ask them for the latest version.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by robbo24 View Post
    Hate to ruin Balance's secret or create extra paperwork for PEB staff, but the Companies Act requires companies to maintain a register of shareholders. It is a matter of public record. Ask them for the latest version.
    Exactly. How else would you be able to make unsolicited low ball offers to shareholders?

Q - are they allowed to charge costs? Having said that, Computershare/Link should be able to dump a report into PDF in a second and email it.

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Specter View Post
    Exactly. How else would you be able to make unsolicited low ball offers to shareholders?

Q - are they allowed to charge costs? Having said that, Computershare/Link should be able to dump a report into PDF in a second and email it.
    Companies are allowed to have registers maintained by a third party. In the case of nzx listed companies that is either compu of link.

Not sure about costs, I would fathom a guess that the answer is no. Just stick to the position it's matter of public record and you shouldn't have to pay, if it comes up.

In my experience, the registries charge the company a nominal fee, which is usually passed on to the person requesting the information.