sharetrader
Page 865 of 2125 FirstFirst ... 36576581585586186286386486586686786886987591596513651865 ... LastLast
Results 8,641 to 8,650 of 21246
    Banned

I won't be going to the AGM but will be voting against Chris Swann being reelected but For all the other resolutions all the noise in the world on here won't move me to selling, I'm in for the 5 year haul as I am with all my stocks running good sized losses. At the end of 5 years well see how many of them including Peb are still at a loss and re evaluate. Once I set my mind to something that's it until I see the Goal of a given company is unachievable and I believe Peb can achieve what they set out to do as I do with Xro.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by barney View Post
    Given that there are so many " smoke and mirror " conspiracy theorists and posters who doubt the managements ability on this thread, it will be interesting to see how many make an appearance at the annual meeting to put their concerns directly to the people running the company. My guess is there won't be many, if any. But post the meeting they will all be back on the thread with the same old stuff.

Sigh. Who would run a public company.
    Im assuming you will be there --Does asking the question I was alluding to label you as a doubter of managements skills?

Or do you want to find out as much of what is going on as you can.

If your really dead set against my questions--then dont ask-and you will be sure not to get an answer.

I only hope they give a few details on questions that are on SH minds.--like the number of commercialization skills and capabilities that would be of value to the company (what are they?)

Give it five-ten-twenty-fifty years, med students would be laughing why would you ever stick that camera up there, just piss in the pot.

But hey, old dogs and new tricks,

Some people will never understand patience and new tricks

Quote Originally Posted by NewGuy View Post
    Wow, you can send emails? Amazing. Agama you couldn't even find to most basic information in the simplest financial statements I've ever seen, yet you seem to consider yourself the oracle. I may have sent one regrettable email, but have sold nearly a million dollars of my consulting time over the last 18 months, so obviously I get it right most of the time.

I guess everything looks like a brain fart when you don't even understand the basics
    Do we all have to measure our dicks from now on or is it just you NewGuy?

Quote Originally Posted by Hancocks View Post
    There are actually more pertinent and strategic questions to be asked; and, these usually arise during the presentations or the social conversations afterwards. Going to the meeting with redundant questions generated by brain farts posted on this thread does not enlighten the average Pacific Edge investor. So I for one will not be asking any of the questions that have been raised here for sure!

I will however be voting to re-elect Chris Swann and David Band as Directors and will support the election of Chief Executive Officer David Darling as an Executive Director.
    Hancocks I am also genuinely interested in what questions you are thinking of asking. I support PEB, but even you were surprised by the lack of sales, and even you were taking in by Chris Swanns rather ambitious statement regarding expected sales. We know it takes time for things to happen, but you said yourself you would be doubting the 5 year plan if they didn't have 5000ish sales. You were even hoping for 10,000+. Will you be voicing any concerns over the apparent breakdown and 'pushing-back' of the 5 year plan?

Also, please stop attacking each other. Lets keep this thread on topic.

Quote Originally Posted by skid View Post
    Im assuming you will be there --Does asking the question I was alluding to label you as a doubter of managements skills?

Or do you want to find out as much of what is going on as you can.

If your really dead set against my questions--then dont ask-and you will be sure not to get an answer.

I only hope they give a few details on questions that are on SH minds.--like the number of commercialization skills and capabilities that would be of value to the company (what are they?)
    I'm not sure if I'll get to the meeting or not. I hope to. Have attended the last three and it's very worthwhile.

My point is really that if people have so much critisism of the company why don't they front up and ask the questions. That's what annual meetings are for. Some shareholders are going to vote against the re-election of the chairman and other board members, which is fine. It's their right. But would you not front up and put to the board members your concerns or questions. I suspect most of this goes back to the fact that a lot of people seem to have purchased shares on the basis of a one line apparent quote in a newspaper article late last year, at a time when the market was going crazy. If that's the case then they need to review how they make investment decisions because it's nuts.
    Last edited by barney; 12-08-2014 at 10:05 AM. Reason: spelling

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by moosie_900 View Post
    Wow, that was really insulting to pretty much everyone on here. Questions are there to be asked HC, not to follow the leader blindly into the abyss (that's for Dictatorships).

I used to value your opinion pretty highly. Never blocked anyone before but pretty close to it right now.

This thread is here to discuss, negative or positive. If you don't like it/can't handle it/getting emotional about it, please take a break abd concentrate on other things in life. It's not yours or anyone elses baby.

Please, think before you speak like this again...
    Well said Moosie

Banned

Perceptions are just that and PEB did not provide annualised FY14 guidance for reasons that they articulated really quite well at the last AGM. If people held a perception of greater FY14 sales than was physically possible it is their own misinterpretation that should be held to account.

There have been some very good achievements by PEB this last year, new patents achieved, first commercial cxbladder sales in the US, a successful capital raising, the sign up of four network providers, user programme completion in NZ and in the US, associations formed with the HIH, a strategic framework for 4 to 6 cxbladder products announced, application of cxbladder to upper urinary tract cancer diagnosis, a very experienced sales team formed in Hershey, CLIA accreditation achieved for the NZ lab, and of course winner of the NZ supreme innovator award.

It would seem to me that the company has achieved a lot and some acknowledgement of that is due at the AGM. There has been very little turnover in the top 100 shareholder list a sign that the overwhelming majority of shareholders are thus contented.

We should look forward to receiving an outlook for next year and an equally successful year, but yes the 2015 financial year should be more about sales traction and progress now, let’s see.
    Last edited by MAC; 12-08-2014 at 10:11 AM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by moosie_900 View Post
    I totally agree with you, but maybe not the first line (we were led up the garden path a bit with Swann, hence the backlash!).

The company does deserve to be congratulated. Now it's time to start pumping out sales. Hopefully you (and maybe I) can congratulate them at later AGMs for this!
    I don’t know Moosie, everybody has a unique way of analysing and some have more business exp than others to draw on. That now infamous quote, whether it was actually said or was not said;

“The Pennsylvania lab has the capacity to process 260,000 tests a year and Mr Swann is confident the company will processing ''several tens of thousands of tests'' next year.”

I’ve always interpreted that as this present calendar year, others may interpret it as sales to the FY15 financial year reporting. Either way we will not know if they have achieved what was published until May 2015 when the preliminary results are due.

If individuals anticipated 10,000+ sales to FY14 from such comments, then I guess firstly, they cannot read the words “next” and “tests”, and secondly they need to do more investment research, a company cannot substantively sell without first hiring a sales force.

My view is that 10,000+ tests is entirely probable by FY15, I would always as an investor hope that we get some numerical guidance from this AGM but don’t expect it for the same reasons as last year.
    Last edited by MAC; 12-08-2014 at 10:59 AM.

Mac said little turnover in the top 100 shareholders ....good support

What % of the 319m shares do the top 100 own

Just curious to get a feel for how much the traders are trading.

Since Jan 1 this year annualised numbers of shares traded is 150m

So if top 100 own say 80% and little movement (except MR Swanns little foray) does that mean the other shares are churning 2 to 3 times a year. Or just a stupid way of looking at it.