sharetrader
Page 880 of 2125 FirstFirst ... 38078083087087687787887988088188288388489093098013801880 ... LastLast
Results 8,791 to 8,800 of 21246
    AWOL

Roflmao
    There is hope for you yet, Snap

Banned

I think perhaps Moosie you may have a couple of matters a little loose there, letting that slide.

Hancock’s and others have contributed quite a lot to this thread over years and I think fairly carry some respect for that, they are investors that share information behind the scenes and take confidence from it, they put questions to the company and to organisations within the sector, and have been asking the right questions for a long time, they continually research and use that knowledge to assess investment risk over time.

There is a lot that never makes it to this thread, probably more so than I am humbly aware of.

You may knock away but unless you have even better insight from an even more reliable source it is unlikely you will ever really carry much influence with serious investors. It’s quite futile, can you see that ?

Some do take their investments personally, yes perhaps they fall in love with them as some say, I’ve heard others say that that they treat their holdings like their kids and they do probably put as much free time as available into learning more about them.

Whilst experienced investors don’t take the views of those with short term agenda at all seriously you may still insult their efforts in sharing information, it would be a shame if you and your mates drive any more constructive folk from the forum, I don’t honestly know why Hancock’s still bothers given the quality of debate over the last year, there really can't be much incentive.

Something to quietly consider.

Quote Originally Posted by snapiti View Post
    very good point miner...... team PEB have loss the toss(could not find a jv partner) and been put into bat. Captian has told the media that they are aiming for 100m runs in 5 years.
    What a huge target can they deliver.
    In a strange move they have only named six batsmen.... wow now that shows confidence(more like arrogance)
    first batsman. Mr DD very slow scoring.. looks satisfied just to occupy the crease.
    second batsman. Mr AUS bowled for a golden duck
    third batsman. Mr Europe bowled for a golden duck
    forth batsman. Mr Spain stumped for a golden duck
    fifth batsman Mr NZ lbw for a duck
    sixth batsmen Mr US very slow start,given several chances, but has started to build a partnership with DD.

PEB are struggling to put runs on the board and they are running out of batsmen.
    They are finding it hard to handle the googlies they are receiving and there are a few cracks starting to appear in the pitch(literally)
    seventh batsman - Snapiti...a no show- ripped his pads & box off, run away as the ball was going too fast - happy to be a spectator.
    eighth batsman - CS...sorted the recipe...captain's knock - partnership with DD of $100m in 4 years
    ninth, tenth & eleventh batsman - core shareholders...no declaration on the horizon

No second innings required!

just because you take the negative view does that really make you a knocker...I find both sides of the argument enlightening and have learnt the good and the bad about Peb....I cant wait for agm and the number of test etc to see who was right or wrong....much better than the election posturing.......is snapiti really a knocker with an agenda or just an agenda with knockers

Quote Originally Posted by ziggy415 View Post
    just because you take the negative view does that really make you a knocker...I find both sides of the argument enlightening and have learnt the good and the bad about Peb....I cant wait for agm and the number of test etc to see who was right or wrong....much better than the election posturing.......is snapiti really a knocker with an agenda or just an agenda with knockers
    Hi Ziggy - no, taking the negative view does not make you a knocker and, like you, I think it is great to get both sides of an "argument". But what gets my heckles up is the continuing repetitive negative bulls..t that Snapiti and his ilk keep posting on this (& other threads). I'll freely admit I'm not as quick as some, but even I get his sentiments by his second posting. If everyone became a believer in Snapiti's doomsdaying PEB comments, then he would end up owning the Company as they stampeded out the back door selling their shares. He's probably been accumulating for months!

The Wolf of Sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by NewGuy View Post
    If you REALLY cared Moosie, you'd share your trading journal so we can follow your every move with stealth precision
    Moosies trading journal can be purchased on special at Countdown this week, 12 rolls of Cottonelle for $6

AWOL

Quote Originally Posted by Dentie View Post
    Hi Ziggy - no, taking the negative view does not make you a knocker and, like you, I think it is great to get both sides of an "argument". But what gets my heckles up is the continuing repetitive negative bulls..t that Snapiti and his ilk keep posting on this (& other threads). I'll freely admit I'm not as quick as some, but even I get his sentiments by his second posting. If everyone became a believer in Snapiti's doomsdaying PEB comments, then he would end up owning the Company as they stampeded out the back door selling their shares. He's probably been accumulating for months!
    !...! 6
    Must say I have enjoyed the cricket this weekend.

One down, one to go then! My constant state of confusion wonders how one can be so knowledgeable on so many businesses, can’t leave much time in life for anything else. And a hint that “we all have info behind the scenes we don't share with others.” I could put you all to sleep with all that I know, that you don’t all know.

As for the other one, through my fog I can only perceive that maybe he should join me in my quiet room. Insinuations of company management being con artists, in his words “only stating fact”. What was the fact? That he stated it, or the management are con artists? Tsk tsk. There is fact, and there is fiction.

Damn, caught out again, trying to think for myself, and not be swayed by those who yell loudest and longest. Here comes another jab. Tell you what, on a good day I figure I’m big enough to think for myself, and don’t need anyone to tell me what or how I should think, or do, guess that applies to a lot of folk.

Quote Originally Posted by Dentie View Post
    Actually, thinking about this further .... is short selling allowed on the NZX?

Quote Originally Posted by MAC View Post

Whilst experienced investors don’t take the views of those with short term agenda at all seriously you may still insult their efforts in sharing information, it would be a shame if you and your mates drive any more constructive folk from the forum, I don’t honestly know why Hancock’s still bothers given the quality of debate over the last year, there really can't be much incentive.

Something to quietly consider.
    Hancocks is a gem - those of us who follow PEB and are invested in the company appreciate his postings.

I would agree 100% that there are some who are traders with very short term views, and they are easy to spot because their tunes change with the direction of a company's share price.

There is how ever with PEB a disquieting element from some long term investors however - who seem to think the sun shines out of the proverbial of PEB's directors and management, and any challenge or question is intended to 'knock' the company.

Fact is that Darling and Swann have done a superb job taking PEB to where it is today - they deserve to be congratulated and applauded, and NZ needs more like them.

The important issue is whether they are the right people to take the company forward - do they have the right stuff, or is it better for the company to bring someone aboard with real commercial and international experience to manage the commercialization of PEB's products.

No less than Steve Jobs admitted that one of the best things that ever happened to him (and to Apple) was to be fired from the company first time round. He simply was not ready at that time.

I will be bold as to say that if DD and CS are not prepared to front up and bring investors up to date with how they are going, and to comment on how they are planning to reach the $100m target, they are not up to the job. This is not a big ask and provides a valuable measure of how they are going.

That's not knocking them but to put it plainly, PEB shareholders and the market deserve better after supporting them through the years.

PS. 'tens of thousands of tests' means precisely that - whether they are sales or not.
    Last edited by Balance; 18-08-2014 at 08:55 AM.