sharetrader
Page 885 of 2125 FirstFirst ... 38578583587588188288388488588688788888989593598513851885 ... LastLast
Results 8,841 to 8,850 of 21246
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by nextbigthing View Post
    Share the love MAC
    One should never kiss and tell NBT

Quote Originally Posted by nextbigthing View Post
    Thanks for the reply. The way I see it panned out and I fear this would be typical of most cases, they dismissed cancer and saved the cost of a cxbladder test and treated the infection. If they thought something else was up they'd go for the camera as they'd want to check the whole situation out. Only then if they were still unsure they might go for cxbladder.

Hopefully you see what I'm trying to get at. I think the product is amazing, however it doesn't necessarily guarantee usage -with Rogers case being a reasonably standard example.

Cheers,

NBT
    I don't follow NBT

I hope Roger won't mind me reproducing part of his "lab rat" post again :

I had my cystoscopy this morning and all good and the Urologist said she could see clear signs of the old infection despite this occurring on 1 June, 2 months ago that lead to the bleeding.
    Cytology was also good, as were blood tests, renal ultrasound, bowel screening test and 2 x prostate checks. No further sign of haematuria has occurred since 1 June so its now crystal clear it was just a bad bladder infection and I'm all good In the circumstances as its clear what the cause of the original haematuria was there is no point taking a CX bladder test.

..So a two month wait - both worrying for Roger and family and an opportunity for any tumour to grow...
    ..A $1500 cystoscopy (that conceivably could have missed what Cxbladder may have in fact picked up/)
    .. Cytology

An initial Cxbladder test could have saved this

(The ultrasound i assume checks for Kidney stones etc. I don't know)

Leaving a UT infection.

AWOL

In a process of elimination surely one should attack the worst scenario first, as quickly, as positively and as cheaply as possible.
    A negative result allows patient reassurance.
    A positive result allows immediate treatment to start.

I dont mean checking for lung cancer just because of a cough, presenting with haematuria or coughing up blood is a much more serious symptom.
    Last edited by Minerbarejet; 19-08-2014 at 05:47 PM.

1 million shares crossed at 65c.

Someone is keen ahead of the AGM?

AWOL

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    1 million shares crossed at 65c.
    Someone is keen ahead of the AGM?
    Either Snap or Moosie or both perhaps? Bobcat has got his.

Quote Originally Posted by klid View Post
    No trading yet. 6000 sitting at 65c. Should follow its XRO "brother" (my words) up. Free money today anyone?
    And today XRO up 8%. Why PEB not following? LOL... will it happen in the coming days? They tend to sync eventually

cxBladder on the 'currently being assessed' list for insurance coverage at Southern Cross insurance. Apologies if re-post

https://www.southerncross.co.nz/soci...-services.aspx
    Last edited by AndyLP; 19-08-2014 at 07:45 PM. Reason: added list

Good find Andy, all falling into place

Hey NBT. Sure I've posted this before but thought worth putting up again

Review article Sapre et al "gene based urinary biomarkers for bladder cancer"

http://www.urologiconcology.org/arti...text#copyright

Excerpts:

The morbidity of cystoscopy is often underestimated, and patient adherence with surveillance is as low as 40% [1]. It is also an expensive and resource-intensive procedure, making BCa the single most expensive cancer to treat per incident case from diagnosis to death [2]. Finally, flexible cystoscopy has a definite false-negative rate, particularly for carcinoma in situ.

There is a pressing need for an accurate noninvasive test to assist diagnosis and surveillance of BCa. Urine is in direct contact with BCa cells, and hence is an ideal source for investigation of noninvasive biomarkers of BCa.
    Cytology, the only urinary test that currently aids cystoscopy in routine follow-up of patients has high interobserver variability and poor sensitivity especially for low-grade tumors [4]. Several studies now support the cost-effectiveness of incorporating noninvasive urinary biomarkers in the surveillance of BCa [2]. An ideal noninvasive test for BCa should give a bedside result, be cheap, easy to use, reliable and accurate, and not be affected by inflammation and infection. Most importantly, it must have a high negative predictive value (sensitivity) to avoid missing tumors.
    There are several protein- and cell-based commercial and investigational markers that have been the subject of much research, such as nuclear matrix protein 22, bladder tumor antigen, ImmunoCyt, BLCA, and hyaluronic acid/hyaluronidase, which have been extensively reviewed previously and are not discussed further here. Table 1 summarizes the current commercial and investigational urinary biomarkers in BCa. However, the performance of such cell- and protein-based tests has been too inadequate to incorporate them into routine clinical practice, primarily because they are affected by other bladder conditions such as infection, inflammation, and intravesical therapy, and this has given a way for gene-based biomarker testing in more recent times.
    The most promising new biomarker and the closest to clinical translation is the uRNA2 assay (Cxbladder; Pacific Edge, New Zealand)

The lack of clinical benefit of protein- and cell-based urinary biomarkers and the emergence of high-throughput genomic platforms have given way to pursuit of gene-based profiling of biomarkers. However, the majority of these studies remain in the discovery phase, and what is now needed for clinical translation of these markers is multicenter prospective validation studies in large clinical settings with adequate scientific and statistical rigor.
    Last edited by psychic; 19-08-2014 at 10:18 PM.

And a few snipets on the competition...

NMP22: numerous studies have shown that increased
    levels of NMP22 are associated with bladder cancer.
    Therefore, NMP22 has been approved by FDA as a
    urinary biomarker. A recent study has suggested that for
    clinicians who would do a cystoscopy at a threshold of
    5% for recurrence or 1% for progression, NMP22 level
    is not helpful for decision-making. However, for less
    risk-reluctant clinicians, NMP22 helped to show which
    patients needed cystoscopy and which could be spared it
    (Shariat et al., 2011). Systematic reviews of diagnostic
    value of NMP22 and urine cytology has shown that the
    sensitivity of NMP22 for detection of bladder cancer is
    higher than urine cytology, but the specificity is lower than
    it. So it seems that currently NMP22 cannot replace urine