sharetrader
Page 886 of 2125 FirstFirst ... 38678683687688288388488588688788888989089693698613861886 ... LastLast
Results 8,851 to 8,860 of 21246

Quote Originally Posted by AndyLP View Post
    cxBladder on the 'currently being assessed' list for insurance coverage at Southern Cross insurance. Apologies if re-post

https://www.southerncross.co.nz/soci...-services.aspx
    Well, given how easy it is to pronounce - compared to every other "thing" on that list...CXBladder should be the first one to get assessed!

The Wolf of Sharetrader

Hey Psychic,

Thanks for the articles. I have no doubts as to the ability of the product.

I have virtually nothing to do with the medical world. However I get the impression when someone goes in with blood in their urine they're going to start with the simple and more common things first such as a UTI and go from there. Then if that doesn't work and they decide it's a bit more complicated then they're going to want to 'take a look' 'just to make sure and see what's going on'. Only then might they consider a test one they've ruled most other stuff out.

If you go in with a cough, they don't assume lung cancer. They start at the bottom and work up starting with the flu for example and work up from there. I get the impression this method of starting at the smallest problem and working up is standard and will apply to bladder problems as well. Then if they think it might be serious instead of going for a cxbkadder test, they're going to want to look inside to see what's going on. Then if they suspected cancer they could use a test, however this would be only in a very very small portion of cases. Less than what perhaps they're banking on.

It sounds like this is amongst exactly how it panned out for Roger.

As for the argument about the piece of mind, yes I agree that's there. But health boards unfortunately aren't going to pay for that. And as for the people funding it themselves, again Roger is a classic case. He is buying shares so he's obviously in a position to pay for a test, yet opted not to. Only a small prob of people are going to.

Don't get me wrong I think this is a brilliant product. But I'm sure there's thousands of examples of brilliant products that have gone mostly unused.

Interested to hear people's thoughts as to why it will get used.

I'm struggling to find a good analogy however a poor one -if your car breaks down you pop the hood and take a look instead of replacing the most serious components first trying each one until the car goes.

No Rogers were harmed in the making of this post.

The Wolf of Sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by MAC View Post
    One should never kiss and tell NBT
    But sharing is caring MAC.

I guess I won't be passing on details of my very interesting conversation with DD the other day then

AWOL

1.5 mill already this morning- action stations.

Quote Originally Posted by snapiti View Post
    wont be tuned in tomorrow.... unfortunately for shareholders the PEB board have been playing a game of vagueness is king not wanting to be caught out with over promising and under delivering (very easy to do when you are not delivering)
    Going back over the minutes of previous AGM's I doubt anything will change tomorrow..... a well rehearsed things are going to plan with some good developments in the future bla bla bla.
    Share holders will simply be told what they want to hear.
    You won't tune into the agm or engage with the content....

But you can bet you bottom dollar you will be on this thread posting/moaning about it.....

Thanks NBT.

Common causes of blood in urine include:

Bladder or kidney infections
    Bladder or kidney stones
    Certain kidney diseases
    Enlarged prostate
    Inherited diseases such as sickle cell anemia and cystic kidney disease
    Certain medications such as aspirin, penicillin, heparin, cyclophosphamide, and phenazopyridine
    A tumor in the bladder, kidney, or prostate
    Kidney injury from an accident or sports
    Vigorous exercise
    Sometimes, what appears to be blood in urine is actually red pigment from other sources such as food dyes, medications, or an excessive amount of beets.

My understanding is that they do in fact throw the works at you if you present with hematuria - wasn't this Rogers experience?
    Kidney stones etc are seen by renal ultrasound, so to me the cytoscopy is checking for Bca or evidence of infection.

So why wouldn't you rule out Bca first using Cxbladder? Why have that "look around at all?

I know Cxbladder is being promoted as an adjunct to cytoscopy only at this stage but my impression is that long term the desire is to do away with cytoscopy completely and cxbladder may well be a part of the answer

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by nextbigthing View Post
    But sharing is caring MAC.

I guess I won't be passing on details of my very interesting conversation with DD the other day then

I've never posted company or associated correspondence on the internet, it's not a matter of information sharing or not for me NBT, more a mater of trust and moral preference, each to their own.

Behind the scenes to a trusted few in confidence is ok, but not openly on the internet for the entire world to see, again each to their own.

Quote Originally Posted by Minerbarejet View Post
    1.5 mill already this morning- action stations.
    Big seller is finding buyers of size as well - now backing off selling on market.

So who knows better? The buyer(s) or seller?

Quote Originally Posted by snapiti View Post
    Are you that confident that there will be plenty to moan about.....
    I am not so sure about that as you are only going to hear what they want you to hear.... all positive I would of thought.
    Unfortunately my day job won't allow me to attend.

I wish you all the best while sitting around in your undies banging on a keyboard for hours a day with the sole intention of riling up investors in a stock in which you have zero financial interest.

It's ironic that someone with such a contra-interest in the stock wouldn't attend...

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Big seller is finding buyers of size as well - now backing off selling on market.

So who knows better? The buyer(s) or seller?
    Wish we knew Balance. I'm hoping the seller is someone having to sell, whereas we know buyers don't have to buy..