sharetrader
Page 905 of 2125 FirstFirst ... 405805855895901902903904905906907908909915955100514051905 ... LastLast
Results 9,041 to 9,050 of 21246

Quote Originally Posted by moosie_900 View Post
    Up to 75 now. Seems forced. Trying to get momo traders out into the open now?
    Wowow that is looking good!
    Meanwhile, GEO is almost dead.

PS, I am.. "large", apparently

Looks like I sold a bit soon, good luck to holders.

Quote Originally Posted by moosie_900 View Post
    Leanne Graham can come work for Mooses'R'Us if her venture fails.
    This raises an important issue that has been troubling me for some time: the plural of moose. Wiktiionary has this to say:

The use of moose in the plural is sometimes problematic. The regularly formed plural, mooses, is by now rare and its use may be regarded as irksome and uneuphonious. The form meese—formed by analogy with goosegeese—will in most cases be greeted with a snigger, and is thus generally only appropriate in humorous contexts; even pragmatics notwithstanding, because moose has Algonquian origins—wholly unrelated to the Germanic roots of goose, on whose pattern the plural meese is formed—an umlaut plural form is etymologically inconsistent. The etymologically consistent plural form would be *mosinee,[2] but this plural form sees no use in English. In ordinary common usage, moose is treated as an invariant noun, which means its plural is also moose (as with the names of many animals, such as deer and fish, which are also invariant); however, this usage can sometimes be considered stilted when a group of more than one moose are considered individually, in which case avoidance of the plural may be the best option, necessitating the employment of a circumlocution.

Sorry if you've heard all this before. Fortunately there is only one moosie (not 900).

Quote Originally Posted by NT001 View Post
    This raises an important issue that has been troubling me for some time: the plural of moose. Wiktiionary has this to say:

The use of moose in the plural is sometimes problematic. The regularly formed plural, mooses, is by now rare and its use may be regarded as irksome and uneuphonious. The form meese—formed by analogy with goosegeese—will in most cases be greeted with a snigger, and is thus generally only appropriate in humorous contexts; even pragmatics notwithstanding, because moose has Algonquian origins—wholly unrelated to the Germanic roots of goose, on whose pattern the plural meese is formed—an umlaut plural form is etymologically inconsistent. The etymologically consistent plural form would be *mosinee,[2] but this plural form sees no use in English. In ordinary common usage, moose is treated as an invariant noun, which means its plural is also moose (as with the names of many animals, such as deer and fish, which are also invariant); however, this usage can sometimes be considered stilted when a group of more than one moose are considered individually, in which case avoidance of the plural may be the best option, necessitating the employment of a circumlocution.

Sorry if you've heard all this before. Fortunately there is only one moosie (not 900).
    Reminds me of the zookeeper who was tasked with ordering a pair of hippos. He didn't know what the correct plural was so wrote as follows:

Dear animal supplies, please accept my order for a hippopotamus to be delivered c/o London Zoo.

Oh...and while you are at it, please send another one as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Poet View Post
    Reminds me of the zookeeper who was tasked with ordering a pair of hippos. He didn't know what the correct plural was so wrote as follows:

Dear animal supplies, please accept my order for a hippopotamus to be delivered c/o London Zoo.

Oh...and while you are at it, please send another one as well.
    That is stunning..has stopped this thread in its tracks.Good on you......

To NT 001 .....you caused all this fun.A brilliant resume of a Moosie double. As complex and wise as he is despite all his 28 years.Is that old for a Moose??? Cheers

is the movie available anywhere yet, or do we have to wait for PEB II next year?

and moosie you sensitive creature, I was pulling your antler with the sausage meat response to your streaking threat
    Last edited by Xerof; 23-08-2014 at 11:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xerof View Post
    is the movie available anywhere yet, or do we have to wait for PEB II next year?

and moosie you sensitive creature, I was pulling your antler with the sausage meat response to your streaking threat
    Um, in short, aaaagh.... no.

Understand in addition to streaming issues, it was not recorded on site

You must understand Xerof, this stuff is highly technical ....

But we did at least see the lady take her puffer jacket off right?
    Last edited by psychic; 23-08-2014 at 12:08 PM.

Have had this email response from One Room....

"We ran a full trial on location prior to this event which functioned perfectly. We also assisted Dunedin Public Art Gallery to have their network upgraded. We are still working through what triggered the camera failures on location, it may or may not have been related to bandwidth stability. One Room is taking full responsibility as we took lead for theproject.

I am working with all parties to try to pass as much content as possible through to the Shareholders as soon as we can. I will email and communicate again once we have had a chance to discuss things with the PEG team in the morning.

Please accept my apology for the loss of coverage today.

Yes, I am certainly in a dark and lonely room at present!

Regards,"
    Last edited by Defater; 23-08-2014 at 12:21 PM.

This is the second follow up email I had from One Room...

"Unfortunately due to a technical issue the video never made it to the One Room gateway and nor was it recorded on site for us to upload. I have been communicating with Pacific Edge andit seems the intention is to direct people to the NZX website where the transcripts and presentation content is available.https://www.nzx.com/companies/PEB/announcements/254217

A notice to this effect will be distributed to all PEB Shareholders.

We are very sorry that we were unable to bring you the stream/recording of the meeting. Despite efforts to minimise the risk of this happening, unfortunately it did and as the prime supplier for this service One Room must take full responsibility. This has been an inconvenience to you and frustrating for the team at Pacific Edge."
    Last edited by Defater; 23-08-2014 at 01:57 PM.