sharetrader
Page 909 of 2124 FirstFirst ... 409809859899905906907908909910911912913919959100914091909 ... LastLast
Results 9,081 to 9,090 of 21234

Again , im new to this, but doesn't the share price drop by the value of the dividend on the record date, so you would be selling them at a lower price and loose the value of the dividend, so make nil? At least thats what just happened to PGW. Happy to be corrected..... Just learning

Advanced Member

Watch and see. If you sell the day after the record date, it is highly unlikely that they will drop anything like the amount of the dividend. I got smart last year and sold on a high the day before the record date, expecting to buy back at a price lower than the dividend and thus make an equivalent amount to the dividend or more. The price hardly moved and all I did was lose the dividend. Keep an eye on the numbers this time and you will be surprised. I have a large holding of spk on the block at present for 293cps and if they go I will expect to buy back before the record date at 290cps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Again , im new to this, but doesn't the share price drop by the value of the dividend on the record date, so you would be selling them at a lower price and loose the value of the dividend, so make nil? At least thats what just happened to PGW. Happy to be corrected..... Just learning
    Last edited by craic; 25-08-2014 at 10:11 PM.

Fecken thread hi-jacked again. No wonder Hancocks et al don't bother anymore

Quote Originally Posted by craic View Post
    Watch and see. If you sell the day after the record date, it is highly unlikely that they will drop anything like the amount of the dividend. I got smart last year and sold on a high the day before the record date, expecting to buy back at a price lower than the dividend and thus make an equivalent amount to the dividend or more. The price hardly moved and all I did was lose the dividend. Keep an eye on the numbers this time and you will be surprised. I have a large holding of spk on the block at present for 293cps and if they go I will expect to buy back before the record date at 290cps.
    And what has this got to do with PEB....? Maybe you guys can take your chitchat somewhere else....!

Advanced Member

Sorry but the worth of a share is in inverse proportion to the number of pages/speed of post and in this case with over 740 pages and 11,205 posts without a cent of profit - or should that be a scent of profit? anywhere you should appreciate the efforts of outsiders to rescue you - too much time in all that hot air is bad for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xerof View Post
    Fecken thread hi-jacked again. No wonder Hancocks et al don't bother anymore

Quote Originally Posted by craic View Post
    Sorry but the worth of a share is in inverse proportion to the number of pages/speed of post and in this case with over 740 pages and 11,205 posts without a cent of profit - or should that be a scent of profit? anywhere you should appreciate the efforts of outsiders to rescue you - too much time in all that hot air is bad for you.
    And Hancocks has made only 8 of those 11,206 posts (according to the counter)

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Yes I got it wrong

There is definitely NO similarity between Rakon and PEB

As Mr P says spooky eh
    Why would there be any correlation whatsoever other than that arising from being listed on the same market?
    Truth is like poetry. And most people f*cking hate poetry.

Banned

Well done to you Parry, years of dedication and hard work well recognised;

http://www.otago.ac.nz/otagobulletin...ago077914.html

Quote Originally Posted by MAC View Post
    Well done to you Parry, years of dedication and hard work well recognised;

http://www.otago.ac.nz/otagobulletin...ago077914.html
    Congratulations and it is a well deserved recognition of the excellent work the dedicated researchers at our universities are doing.