sharetrader
Page 934 of 2125 FirstFirst ... 434834884924930931932933934935936937938944984103414341934 ... LastLast
Results 9,331 to 9,340 of 21246

I'm somewhat appalled at this.

People have their own investing styles, views, information, backgrounds etc. All information and viewpoints are worthwhile. If you think they are not then you are becoming a very bad investor indeed.

I do this just as a hobby and feel I don't contribute much. I would like to make it my full-time occupation, but I know enough to know that I'd be kidding myself at the moment - and I'm pretty pushed to get my day job done. I have the utmost respect for those that do make a living off it as it seems to me to be an endeavour that cuts across many disciplines. ST has probably lost one such individual.

Have a long and prosperous future Moosie.

Quote Originally Posted by snapiti View Post
    w@^kers on this site
    So, who's the biggest one now??? Moosie, I'll miss the fun

AWOL

Does anyone have an opinion on the latest developments with an interesting little company called Pacific Edge. I hear it has announced a program to develop a prognosis test for melanoma which could become a companion prognostic for drug companies.
    Any thoughts on this matter?
    Last edited by Minerbarejet; 08-09-2014 at 07:51 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Optimist View Post
    Whats the pick for this week, bit of a drop today.
    It was an interesting drop in price..rather large...eh? 94c to 88c...That drop has had no effect on the medium /longterm technicals...

However there is a technical worry, and that is PEB's rise failed to break through the EMA200 resistance currently at 96c
    Last edited by Hoop; 08-09-2014 at 08:16 PM.

The interesting thing to me is that nothing material has changed for this company over the last week or so. It's possible the price will drop back on no news to the 78 - 82c rang it was in for a while. Any traders out there that are playing this one right must be smiling.

As an aside, I was a bit dissappointed in reading what Xerof posted about DD's reference to a buy out. Come on PEB, you've gone this far, back yourself.

Disc: Don't hold any, but on my radar.

AWOL

Quote Originally Posted by Goldstein View Post
    The interesting thing to me is that nothing material has changed for this company over the last week or so. It's possible the price will drop back on no news to the 78 - 82c rang it was in for a while. Any traders out there that are playing this one right must be smiling.

As an aside, I was a bit dissappointed in reading what Xerof posted about DD's reference to a buy out. Come on PEB, you've gone this far, back yourself.

Disc: Don't hold any, but on my radar.
    Would you not consider the acceptance into a clinical trial with Kaiser Permanente and a granting of a Patent for Melanoma Prognosis as a reasonably significant change?
    Sure, there will be some smiling traders probably balanced out by all the unsmiling ones that got it wrong.
    It seems you are a bit of a fan of PEB. If you would like to give them a hand, buy some, and then as a shareholder you can help deny any takeovers by voting against it.

Disc: holding

Quote Originally Posted by Minerbarejet View Post
    Would you not consider the acceptance into a clinical trial with Kaiser Permanente and a granting of a Patent for Melanoma Prognosis as a reasonably significant change?
    Sure, there will be some smiling traders probably balanced out by all the unsmiling ones that got it wrong.
    It seems you are a bit of a fan of PEB. If you would like to give them a hand, buy some, and then as a shareholder you can help deny any takeovers by voting against it.

Disc: holding
    Significant perhaps, but material no. A patent does not generate income until it is being used. A trial does not generate ongoing income in itself. My point is that the SP has surged on good news and fair enough. But nothing has happened to suggest sales are picking up.

I'm looking at buying some, just wary of the latest surge.

AWOL

Quote Originally Posted by Goldstein View Post
    Significant perhaps, but material no. A patent does not generate income until it is being used. A trial does not generate ongoing income in itself. My point is that the SP has surged on good news and fair enough. But nothing has happened to suggest sales are picking up.

I'm looking at buying some, just wary of the latest surge.
    All good points. The possession of the patent adds to the not insignificant IP which has a value to a prospective buyer therefore it is material in that way. A trial, if successful and the results mean cxbladder is adopted and utilised by KP, will certainly be generating ongoing income.
    As you say there has been very little on sales, only time will tell how good the sales are. If it is around 3700 since March to the end of September, that would do it for me.

What really matters - shareprice looking stronger today

Push through that 96 mark and then head to 110

That's how I see it

Some interesting stats on melanoma in the US here.
    "Melanoma, which accounts for approximately 5 percent of all new cancers in the United States, occurs when cancer cells form in skin cells that make the pigment responsible for color in the skin. According to the National Cancer Institute, an estimated 76,100 Americans will be diagnosed with melanoma and 9,710 will die from the disease this year."

And some further market info in this Forbes article.

Also read something interesting on this site about it: "
    Although Merck stock didn’t soar on the heels of the news, the underlying biotechnology of the drug has the potential to push MRK higher for the long haul. Perhaps more important, the fact that Merck developed this drug from the ground up rather than acquiring it from another biotech player in the latter stages of its development says big pharma may well be getting back to its drug-development roots."