sharetrader
Page 935 of 2124 FirstFirst ... 435835885925931932933934935936937938939945985103514351935 ... LastLast
Results 9,341 to 9,350 of 21234

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    What really matters - shareprice looking stronger today
    Yes. I would have been extremely concerned had it not / will it not close, 90c plus today.
    For now looks OK I guess at 91/92 with 92 being slowly eaten.

Guru

A large cashed up company could make that patent pay off in spades,even if PEB cant--this is a multidimensional game here folks-- -sales are not the only factor in play here--I dont want to detract from the importance of sales--but the game has changed a bit--there are potentially more opportunities and Imo its beneficial to adjust to that.
    We are not in the same place as we were just after the announcement of disappointing sales,last quarter.
    Good or bad sales will of course have an effect on the SP,but the core value of the company has become a bit more solid ,I believe.

I've lost somebody very close through melanoma a year ago. Once it reaches stage 3 there are regular trips to the oncologist and anything odd then it's off for a CAT/PET scan or fine-needle aspiration of surrounding lymph nodes. The patient is pushed to the top of the list for these protocols. Metastatic melanoma is extremely nasty and can kill in a matter of weeks. I doubt oncologists would rely on an 'aggressiveness indicator'. That's a lot to pin on a test when you already know the cancer has metastasised.

Thanks for you words guys.

In my case there was about 2-3 years in stage 3 - and this was when there was a full exam every 3 months. I'm not sure what else could have been done. When stage 4 was reached they were ellible for one of the BRAF inhibitor drug trials as there was a measurable 'distant' tumour - against which they could test the efficacy of the drug.

They called the disease dormant in that 2-3 year period. If PEB's patented agressiveness test had been carried out, I'm not sure this would have altered what the oncologist did. It all seemed very prescriptive. Keep testing the disease progression, then implement whatever protocol was recommended at that stage.

Some others have commented on the inertia that needs to be overcome in order for urologists to change the way they do things and incorporate CX-Bladder into their diagnostic and care protocols. I suspect this would be a harder battle with melanoma where there really is a chop and test mentality.

Anyway, I still think PEB has merit, I'm just being cautious about entering what could be a little price bubble. Then again knowing my background I'll sit and watch the price head north.

Quote Originally Posted by Hancocks View Post
    Oncologists really do want to treat cancer patients appropriately; and, a chop and test mentality may be a bit of a harsh comment. They can only use the tools available to them today.
    This wasn't meant to be a criticism of oncologists - the disease requires it, and as you say it is the only tools available today. To inhibit the tumours in the lung a procedure called a pleurodesis was done - abrading the pleural cavity so that it fuses to the outside of the lung. So apart from the drug trial it was all chop, test, irradiate.

It would be good to hear an oncologist's perspective rather than just David Darling's words on these announcements - but perhaps they would be accused then of having a pet oncologist.

Banned

Default How To Reach A Five Year Goal

Yep, it is not the initial sales crumbs to independent urologists that matters, not one bit, it’s the prospective HMO, Medicare and insurer contracts that matter, and its Pacific Edge’s progress toward achieving these that is important.

Consider the prospective Kaiser Permanente contract;

Number of KP members: 9.5M
    Population of the USA: 315M
    Potential number of US tests p.a: 2M
    Anticipated Cxbladder price point: US$550

Prospective annual KP contract = (9.5/315) x 2 x 550 = US$33M revenues per annum

This figure probably represents a maximum contract take up, but still even a conservative US$10 to US$20M estimate would still represent a meaningful expectation.

This one contract alone by itself will make Pacific Edge profitable. Five to ten of these contracts won over the duration of the five year plan, and there’s the $100M goal met.

Shareholders patiently awaiting these contracts will be the one's rewarded, those fretting and squabbling over the initial sales crumbs, well, who knows about them.

Advanced Member

In a sober moment some time ago I suggested that the best thing with PEB was to sell up and join SPK, make your fortune and then waste your money on this morbid share. I think it was good advice, anyone agree? This is not one of my most sober moments.

Quote Originally Posted by craic View Post
    In a sober moment some time ago I suggested that the best thing with PEB was to sell up and join SPK, make your fortune and then waste your money on this morbid share. I think it was good advice, anyone agree? This is not one of my most sober moments.
    you should try drinking A2 milk at least you,d be up and back on this thread..ha ha....like you i was a skeptic about peb...happy to read this thread but not really invest....does look like it maybe gaining traction but still waiting to see sales...am happy for the believers tho...nice up spike in sp

I would say DYOR - but then again... What research? This is speculative and a punt on the success of CxBladder and the other products they have in their pipeline.

On a side note, looks like the SP is sitting on a tipping scale going from the pattern in the last couple days after the US patent announcement.

Quote Originally Posted by sharp View Post
    I would say DYOR - but then again... What research? This is speculative and a punt on the success of CxBladder and the other products they have in their pipeline.

On a side note, looks like the SP is sitting on a tipping scale going from the pattern in the last couple days after the US patent announcement.
    Think you will find that those who have researched PEB well consider it a lot less speculative than those that have not...

Tipping point? What is tippy about it?