sharetrader
Page 943 of 2126 FirstFirst ... 443843893933939940941942943944945946947953993104314431943 ... LastLast
Results 9,421 to 9,430 of 21257

Quote Originally Posted by Hancocks View Post
    A couple of interesting articles for you to browse and ponder.

HyperLink: Bladder Cancer: Things Can Only Get Better

HyperLink: Bladder Cancer: So Much Cost – So Little Progress
    Many thanks Hancocks.

First quick read and I am gobsmacked!

The first link you posted introduces a review being conducted by the NHS England on Bladder Cancer.

I didn't know this was underway - exciting find!!

https://www.nice.org.uk/guidance/gid...e-consultation

They recognise the importance of early detection, and go about considering inadequate Urine Biomarkers developed a decade ago such as NMP22, UroVysion and ImmunoCyt. They acknowledge there are others in development - but consider them unavailable or without sufficient evidence.!!

https://www.nice.org.uk/guidance/gid...idence-review2

Urine examination for bladder tumours includes conventional cytological examination and the
    relatively limited use of adjunctive tools such as NMP22, FISH (UroVysion) and ImmunoCyt. Although
    other urine tests are in development, none are yet routinely available and there is insufficient
    evidence to consider them at this time.
    The need for higher sensitivity in detection of tumours (new and recurrent) has driven the search for
    a test that would either supplement or replace urine cytology. The topic is contentious because
    urine cytology, despite the above limitations, is relatively cheap and easily accessible while the use
    of markers is associated with additional cost and expertise in interpretation and of uncertain benefit,
    particularly if used without cytology.
    The value of using markers in defined clinical settings e.g. investigation of haematuria (new cases)
    and follow up of patients under surveillance for bladder tumours (recurrent cases) would be a
    valuable recommendation if supported by available evidence.

The report is a draft only at this stage - perhaps they will take note of the findings of the AHRQ review in the US which specifically considers Cxbladder in addition to the three other tests.

Will need to find a quiet spot under a tree to read all this but it seems to scream Cxbladder consideration, sure hope the guys at PEL are busy with this.

AWOL

Last sentence was pretty well what I said in a PM. I could almost feel the collective thoughts of PEB shareholders screaming "It's over here" across the ether.

Quote Originally Posted by psychic View Post
    Many thanks Hancocks.

First quick read and I am gobsmacked!

The first link you posted introduces a review being conducted by the NHS England on Bladder Cancer.

They recognise the importance of early detection, and go about considering inadequate Urine Biomarkers developed a decade ago such as NMP22, UroVysion and ImmunoCyt. They acknowledge there are others in development - but consider them unavailable or without sufficient evidence.!!

The report is a draft only at this stage - perhaps they will take note of the findings of the AHRQ review in the US which specifically considers Cxbladder in addition to the three other tests.
    I'm also "gobsmacked". Interesting that their research hasn't yet appeared to extend to lil' ole NZ & CxBladder. Perhaps they need to learn how to do a Google Search...

Is the issue "availability" ? Oryzon?
    Seems wooden that they would go to the trouble of a 900 page review and exclude developments over the ditch?
    Is this Healthcare all over?
    Last edited by psychic; 18-09-2014 at 07:25 AM. Reason: sp

Thanks Hancocks.
    This "one market at a time thing", agree prudent. But oh so frustrating for the impatient S/H !!

Quote Originally Posted by psychic View Post
    Thanks Hancocks.
    This "one market at a time thing", agree prudent. But oh so frustrating for the impatient S/H !!
    Just a wee thought,wonder if Hancocks would be happy to email those 2 articles to the marketing team at PEB- seems like a prob in the right direction wouldn t hurt.....

AWOL

While the first article appears fairly recent the second was posted in March 2014 so things maý have changed a bit in the interim.
    Good find though and very interesting reading.

Guru

A good step in the right direction NG--Lets hope that they are also on to it---Its not Googles job to bring PEB to the medical communities attention--Its PEB's job---Marketing--''hey we're over here right under your noses'' -- marketing.
    If its one market at a time ,it should be the US market--Things will naturally go from there..

Banned

CE mark registration is required before active marketing in Europe outside of Spain and Portugal makes any real sense IMO, Pacific Edge through Oryzon need to do a little for now to support Spainish trials and user programmes.

I don’t think Oryzon will actively do much in the way of the conference circuit or other marketing until Cxbladder is commercial over the hurdle and is ready to roll out of the lab, it may even be that Pacific Edge will need their own staff on the ground, or perhaps that’s just my natural distrust of joint venture partner aspirations and energy levels.

Pacific Edge know what they are doing, it’s just a bit early, a matter of time though, hopefully CE reg soon.

Quote Originally Posted by NewGuy View Post
    Never mind, I just emailed him (nicely this time!)

Hi David

I am a shareholder in your company, PEB, and wanted to draw your attention to the following consultation, which is currently open in the UK. It seems to be a significant opportunity for PEB, and I would sincerely appreciate your thoughts on it.

https://www.nice.org.uk/guidance/gid...e-consultation

Regards
    xxxxxx
    Well done new guy,
    funny, didn t think to do it myself. Should have been more proactive, good on you! Await their reply with bated breathe......