sharetrader
Page 949 of 2124 FirstFirst ... 449849899939945946947948949950951952953959999104914491949 ... LastLast
Results 9,481 to 9,490 of 21234
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Hoop View Post
    This will be recorded on my next PEB chart so........I jumped ship yesterday at 88c took my profits and ran...Ok the TA isn't that bad (DMI not signaled yet) but my portfolio is 100% all "in" and too higher risk and lack of ability to to take advantage of any more opportunities..somethings had to go and it wasn't going to be the power shares (yet)..

Bollinger Bands squeezing..could be a sign of a change trend..upwards?
    Bollinger Bands squeezing ..and then an announcement--What do you make of that Hoop? Seems to be getting a bit out of the general investor psychology realm. Coincidence? Or could there be that many in the know behind the scenes.?

Anyway ,if this carries on ,you would have nailed it twice now.

Not quite sure what Mac was on about--you made it perfectly clear you were not getting out as a result of your TA info.
    Last edited by skid; 25-09-2014 at 09:43 AM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by NT001 View Post
    Yep, I'm sure thousands of traders and investors out there will have read that and said "Gee, we better get into PEB pronto, eh" but then they'll have paused and said "Hang on, that's merely a great scientific and marketing achievement, we still haven't seen any sales reports this week, which is what we really want to hear. Nah, flag it away."
    Basic business 101= You build up a base of customers and get things set up,and lose money at first until ,hopefully when things kick in you start making good profits if it all works.

A great scientific and MARKETING achievement IS worth money

Quote Originally Posted by skid View Post
    Basic business 101= You build up a base of customers and get things set up,and lose money at first until ,hopefully when things kick in you start making good profits if it all works.

I can see where NT is coming from though. The sales from an announcement like this are a wee while away and the volume from this announcement hasn't been abnormally large. I'm just gunna watch this one play out.

The Wolf of Sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider68 View Post
    and perhaps even some sales!
    Negative ghost rider the pattern is full.

Quote Originally Posted by skid View Post

In that case Skid would you like to buy Alpha Centauri off me. It's a fusion generator about 4 light years away. It must be worth a lot. But you can have it for $5,000 - just because you're a nice guy.

AWOL

Quote Originally Posted by Goldstein View Post
    In that case Skid would you like to buy Alpha Centauri off me. It's a fusion generator about 4 light years away. It must be worth a lot. But you can have it for $5,000 - just because you're a nice guy.
    I hope you are not contemplating selling Sirius as well. Its bound to be a dog.

Banned

Quite a lot of start-up companies fail to keep up with development on a second or a follow up product cycle and totally drop the ball at a time when focused on getting a first product out the door, Diligent immediately springs to mind as an example.

Pacific Edge has the potential to become an absolute cash cow when they achieve profitability, probably IMO at HY16, the next product, Cxcolorectal, should be all ready to go and funded from revenues at that time.

That’s if it’s not snapped up by a pharma as a companion diagnostic product in the meantime.

Pacific Edge have this to say about Cxcolorectal;

The gene signature passed a clinical study in Europe and Pacific Edge is currently refining Cxcolorectal to reduce cost and increase ease of delivery of the service. Cxcolorectal (Prognosis Gen I) has completed clinical trials and is preparing for commercial launch.”

http://www.pacificedge.co.nz/products/pipeline/

I'm with MAC on this. He cites Diligent as an example. Or just think where ATM would be now if it was still focussed on selling liquid milk in NZ. To me the value of PEB is where it'll be in two, three, five years time, not at 9am tomorrow morning. And that'll depend largely on its development of a portfolio of products, some of which will fire, some won't, and some will possibly attract takeover bids. I've seen no evidence that the company is so totally incompetent in the market development area that we have to keep pestering it for short-term sales reports rather than letting them get on with product development, which I would think is probably getting it noticed offshore if not here.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Goldstein View Post
    ---I dont remember saying that all businesses that go through this cycle are cash cows,on the contrary,many fail--point is ,to expect immediate big time profits is unrealistic......Ill pass on the fusion generator ,thanx
    Last edited by skid; 25-09-2014 at 04:03 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by samdaman View Post
    I can see where NT is coming from though. The sales from an announcement like this are a wee while away and the volume from this announcement hasn't been abnormally large. I'm just gunna watch this one play out.
    Agreed--Its a long term building block (Its not earth shattering like astronomical sales or striking oil)

Guess the question is -Is it reason for optimism? Are the management working to build this company? Are they getting any results that might give reason to believe this is a long term play that will accomplish their objectives?