sharetrader
Page 958 of 2125 FirstFirst ... 4588589089489549559569579589599609619629681008105814581958 ... LastLast
Results 9,571 to 9,580 of 21246

Quote Originally Posted by Hoop View Post
    Happy Birthday Klid for tomorrow.
    A few posters are skeptical of TA and 2 reoccurring arguments they use is "it looks great in hindsight" and a belief TAists don't trade right on or before those rallies or corrections where those blue and red arrows are because the charts are drawn using this hindsight...and..that chartists tell porkies when saying we got +60% profit from a share last year that only went up +40%.
    The only way I could counter those arguments is to post my trades real time using TA...So I decided to Chart for one year 3 companies PEB AIR and SUM only as I felt it wasn't prudent to show all my trading..
    At first I thought it was a good idea and very educational...It still is ...but there are other factors that come into play that I didn't think of...such as individual's portfolio repositioning..risk...restrictive opportunity...etc.

With my portfolio at 100%/0% (0% cash) I decided to sell PEB due to increasing Equity risk (global weakness) and very high restrictive opportunity position...A 100/0 portfolio position is a crazy position for a TA investor.

Now the problem.. when it comes to drawing the next PEB chart my sale will be against TA discipline...For the transparency of the TA argument sake and as evidence I posted the day I sold and why..(#10706 24th Sept)

I did mention in that post that the BB bands were favourable at that time the price could go upwards ...

The present situation is... PEB has flatlined (trend less), the BB have squeezed even more and a not so common ma50 / ma200 squeeze situation is being applied..Many common TA indicators are less reliable during trend less activity, so the must happen indefinable trend breakout will be occurring very shortly (next few days?)
    Hi Hoop, just trying to work out what you are saying here- sorry newish investor and trying to learn as much as I can by surfing ST and reading lots of interesting threads) by I definable trend breakout- do you think this means the sp will go down ?

Guru

im sure Hoop can elaborate but my take (from Hoops past posts) was that in cases like this,its not certain which way the breakout will go (although Hoop seemed to have a hunch on the positive side)

I dont really see why it couldnt drift sideways until an announcement or sales results ,But alas Im no chartist.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal Ball View Post
    Hi Hoop, just trying to work out what you are saying here- sorry newish investor and trying to learn as much as I can by surfing ST and reading lots of interesting threads) by I definable trend breakout- do you think this means the sp will go down ?
    in•de•fin•a•ble (ˌɪn dɪˈfaɪ nə bəl)

adj.
    not readily identified, described, analyzed, or determined.

Quote Originally Posted by skid View Post
    im sure Hoop can elaborate but my take (from Hoops past posts) was that in cases like this,its not certain which way the breakout will go (although Hoop seemed to have a hunch on the positive side)

I dont really see why it couldnt drift sideways until an announcement or sales results ,But alas Im no chartist.
    Yeah correct Skid..but only a slight positive hunch....

The share price is between not one but two powerful wedging forces forcing it to flatline...There will be a point in time when the pressure of PEB will pop out at the weakest edges of the wedges or if the apex is reached that squeeze pressure is suddenly gone ...There's bound to be someone out there with a good grasp on market physics and have a big complicated formula showing which end of the wedges PEB was applying pressure too the most...

Then again thats Market physics theory and it aint a perfect world so who really knows ...eh?

ahhhhggg!!!.. too complicated for this simple man on a Friday afternoon
    Last edited by Hoop; 03-10-2014 at 01:42 PM.

adj.

The share price is between not one but two powerful wedging forces forcing it to flatline...There will be a point in time when the pressure of PEB will pop out at the weakest edges of the wedges or if the apex is reached that squeeze pressure is suddenly gone ...There's bound to be someone out there with a good grasp on market physics and have a big complicated formula showing which end of the wedges PEB was applying pressure too the most...

Then again thats Market physics theory and it aint a perfect world so who really knows ...eh?

Thank you skid and Hoop- yes, it's all learning curve stuff here for me but I do have to say, it's quite fascinating.....and perplexing..... and quite often frustrating......

Guru

adj.

ahh cmon Hoop--All we want to know is whether our share is going to rocket or plummet...

Have a good wknd all
    Last edited by skid; 03-10-2014 at 03:33 PM.

Banned

Just out of interest, has anyone previously made an NZ medical insurance claim for their Cxbladder test on Southern Cross or Sovereign Insurance ?

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11337066

If you’re with Southern Cross or Sovereign Insurance, it would be interesting if you were to put through a pre-approval form for a Cxbladder cancer screening test and let us all know if they will walk their talk.

I'm with Accuro, full coverage, but they don't pay out bugger all claims, always seem to find a loophole, though if they were to also cover cancer screening, I would be happy to click away on the e-commerce site for quick Cx test, not getting any value from medical insurance at present.
    Last edited by MAC; 05-10-2014 at 01:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MAC View Post
    Just out of interest, has anyone previously made an NZ medical insurance claim for their Cxbladder test on Southern Cross or Sovereign Insurance ?

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11337066

If you’re with Southern Cross or Sovereign Insurance, it would be interesting if you were to put through a pre-approval form for a Cxbladder cancer screening test and let us all know if they will walk their talk.

I'm with Accuro, full coverage, but they don't pay out bugger all claims, always seem to find a loophole, though if they were to also cover cancer screening, I would be happy to click away on the e-commerce site for quick Cx test, not getting any value from medical insurance at present.
    Hi MAC,

I did think about it when we used CX Bladder earlier this year and am with Southern Cross but for the sake of $300 to $400 - didn't think it was worth threatening the no claim bonus. Think I also have to pay an excess too from memory so probably not worth claiming.

During this period of sideway's action...here's some light reading for those on the thread who enjoy technical mumbo jumbo...

http://www.onclive.com/publications/...ular-cancers/1

Good to see they actually mention PEB's existence now ...(and, for me at least, the reference was on the first page!!)

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Dentie View Post
    During this period of sideway's action...here's some light reading for those on the thread who enjoy technical mumbo jumbo...

http://www.onclive.com/publications/...ular-cancers/1

Good to see they actually mention PEB's existence now ...(and, for me at least, the reference was on the first page!!)
    And from the USA to boot! Finally some recognition Good sign

Guru

Funny how the SP has jumped up a cent right at the end of the day ,the last few days--be nice if it were a sign of something on the horizon