sharetrader
Page 966 of 2125 FirstFirst ... 4668669169569629639649659669679689699709761016106614661966 ... LastLast
Results 9,651 to 9,660 of 21246

There's no criticism of anyone's "concept" or "plan" from me Skid. My post was intended to be one of reflection and interest on the trading behaviour of other participants - precisely because I have been around in REAL corrections.
    1987 was an interesting time which is where I learned some lessons. I then saved some dosh and applied what I learned in the 2007 correction by taking positions in the face of the stampeding herd.
    A “correction” implies a stock has got ahead of itself - PEB was in that space earlier this year. I do not think PEB should be subject to any correction at the moment because IMHO, it is not overvalued.
    My view on this is the same as MAC’s and for me at least, I try to learn from what I perceive to be others’ mistakes. For me, it is perilous to trade anything but an “established” share and, to my mind, PEB is certainly not yet an established share.
    Investing in shares on the other hand can be very pleasurable and exciting, especially if there is no margin calls involved.

Guru

Or a correction implies the market has got ahead of itself [why sell off because the Dow/Nasdaq dropped]--Since you have been around some real corrections (I stand corrected) you will no doubt know the answer to that question.

But we are not in a correction yet and although its looks like we may be in dangerous territory it is not a given.

It was just one of the issues to be considered--guess we all just have to look at the factors we consider relevant to us and make a decision.

I still dont get why those who sell and buy back in because things just dont seem right at the time (and then do) are automatically kicked out of the high five long term holders club ------------as Arney said ''ILL be back'' (maybe)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dentie View Post
    If the business and its product/s are robust, why sell off just because the Dow/Nasdaq dropped? What's changed? Does it mean the US will no longer be interested in CXBladder? Is it about not wanting to wet your pants or just trying to keep up with the Jones's?
    If you are a MAC this does not matter. If you are a nervous nellie, you probably went out and bought an extra large pack of Depends after work tonight.

It's about to get turbulent. Buckle up and enjoy the ride

I don't know why you can't use your original username but your hoofprints are on all your old favorite threads, and I can see your antlers

each to their own I guess.......

The Wolf of Sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by Xerof View Post
    I don't know why you can't use your original username but your hoofprints are on all your old favorite threads, and I can see your antlers

each to their own I guess.......
    You end up getting that .270 sighted in Xerof? Could be a chance to try it out

Lol, I have seen it, but he hasn't given me a shot with it yet. Just got QN certified btw.....

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by klid View Post
    Yeah, I have balls. It is looking very thin. But I think it will hold up at least for today. Will watch US stocks tonight for signs.
    Hope they haven't shrunk too much overnight

Quote Originally Posted by stoploss View Post
    Hope they haven't shrunk too much overnight
    LOL, yer not good at all. What the **** is going to happen to XRO today with the escrow, OH MY LORD.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by klid View Post
    LOL, yer not good at all. What the **** is going to happen to XRO today with the escrow, OH MY LORD.
    If you thought it sucked earlier in the week, you're going to need more Depends today.

The average correction lasts 8 months and sheds 15% from an index. Plan accordingly my friends.

Hi moosie..
    It used to be that we all had to follow the nasdaq bio..
    It's up today...