sharetrader
Page 979 of 2125 FirstFirst ... 4798799299699759769779789799809819829839891029107914791979 ... LastLast
Results 9,781 to 9,790 of 21246
    AWOL

Quote Originally Posted by skid View Post
    just to be clear--That (theory about behind the scenes )would also apply if the SP started rising just before an announcement--Its the thought of those that may be subject to privileged info that gets up my nose--If it is the case -all we mortals can do is watch for signs of whats going on just before for an announcement.
    It must be pretty hard to keep a lid on things that could be considered as price sensitive. Inevitably during conversations things get alluded to indirectly and can be inadvertently overheard or interpreted wrongly.
    Pacific Edge has always appeared to play it pretty close to the chest. All we can expect to hear in a few weeks is an unknown at this point, but we will be looking for a few more than the 170 odd from March.

Guru

Couta ...Remember when you buy and sell shares that you are dealing with a market place...

There are two schools of thinking...

The first school of thought is buying/selling company shares, although you are using a market place, you are buying a piece of company assets and therefore value those shares using company valuation...you treat the market's influence as being irrelevant over time
    The second school of thought is when buying/selling company shares you are using a market place, therefore you are buying a piece of company assets via the market place and always governed by the market's valuation.

The "first school of thought" investors always get upset by various market behaviours ( Usually the behaviours which don't go their way)...should they be???..In practice no..because they should realise that buying shares in a specific company is really buying into that marketplace... therefore they will now and always be exposed and dictated by those market forces until they leave the market (sell).

Soooo...Couta welcome to world of the free market place, a place where everyone has their own opinions and reasonings and nature does it's thing by always oscillating (correcting) to keep that systemic equilibrium in place...a place like any other place on Earth ..ruled with a hen pecking order, the big fish have the power within the pond thereby are to be respected. They set the rules so do what they say or get eaten..but, for us small fish, life isn't too bad..eh?... there is a consolation prize that we do live within a democratic system where we can make ourselves feel important by freely expressing our small insignificant opinions without too much fear....but we have to observe all the happenings within our pond (market) and stay alert to survive and prosper..

A Fact of Life:.....Using the above statement..Within the grand scheme of all things within the Universe, it reasons, that Couta's posting opinions about his displeasure of hearing any negative postings (implied..curbing negative posts) is just as important as my post telling him to allow the market the freedom to express its individuals opinions and reasonings.....such is life..eh?
    Last edited by Hoop; 04-11-2014 at 11:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    I'm not preoccupied with the sp going down in fact I never mentioned the share price, not buying anymore quite comfortable with my current holding, just an observation of the behavior of some commenting on this and other threads.
    Couta ...I want to go sub 70 again. That way I get another decent trade out PEB

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Couta ...I want to go sub 70 again. That way I get another decent trade out PEB
    ...and when you give up and sell out at sub 60..I'll buy your shares

Quote Originally Posted by Hoop View Post
    ...and when you give up and sell out at sub 60..I'll buy your shares
    Would never buy at 69 and sell at 59, you know me better than that hoop.

Maybe you are right it might be a buy at sub 60. Need to keep an eye on those squiggly lines then

Must say pleased with last time I bought sub 70 but disappointed it didn't kick on from over 90 to 110 as the old squiggly lines suggested it might so out the door they went

AWOL

Quote Originally Posted by snapiti View Post
    yes it will be interesting to see what Mr Markets expects in the way of sales..........given the recent weakness in share price it looks like a few weak hands are already worried about the up coming sales number.
    Snaps is not expecting much sales traction at all...... is hoping to see another small sell down on the numbers and will then seriously revisit PEB to see if it has got some risk reward attach to the share price.
    I predict a very positive year next year for PEB after further consolidation of there marketing plan over the past 12 months.
    However unfortunately for PEB share holders it's seem to be following the same path as the nmp22 test did 10 years ago. If this is confirmed then the fact that the nmp22 were only achieving 4500 sales per annum after 4 full years of marketing would indicate that PEB management and many on this site are way too enthusiastic about the companies prospect.
    This would also mean that the current share price is very lofty.
    you are comparing dead pauas with live crayfish with nmp22, snap. You may get your chance to get back in but I wouldnt bet on it. Number 7 looks like a good bet today though

Couta ...Remember when you buy and sell shares that you are dealing with a market place...

The first school of thought is buying/selling company shares, although you are using a market place, you are buying a piece of company assets and therefore value those shares using company valuation...you treat the market's influence as being irrelevant over time
    The second school of thought is when buying/selling company shares you are using a market place, therefore you are buying a piece of company assets via the market place and always governed by the market's valuation.

The "first school of thought" investors always get upset by various market behaviours ( Usually the behaviours which don't go their way)...should they be???..In practice no..because they should realise that buying shares in a specific company is really buying into that marketplace... therefore they will now and always be exposed and dictated by those market forces until they leave the market (sell).?
    It is incorrect to say that fundamental investors (the first school) always get upset when the market doesn't go there way. Maybe 'sometimes' might be a better description (when weird market events occur that make no rationale sense) however a wise fundamental investor would realize it is this exactly this behaviour which generates the numerous opportunities to benefit from value plays.

If the market were always on point with its pricing and priced exactly to the point of the fundamental worth of a company then a fundamental investors return would effectively be limited to that of the cash earnings of the company (or something akin to the dividend yield).

It is the fact that the market under/over prices stocks that allows us to buy cheap and sell high.

This rationale by its very nature is why we often view the market as generally being wrong with its pricing (hence why we generally disregard the second school of thought).

Food for thought.

Disc: in the case of PEB I have long thought that it was overvalued (hence the market has been wrong for some time) given the lack of improvement in its fundamentals.
    Last edited by Whipmoney; 04-11-2014 at 12:21 PM.
    Truth is like poetry. And most people f*cking hate poetry.

A Fact of Life:.....Using the above statement..Within the grand scheme of all things within the Universe, it reasons, that Couta's posting opinions about his displeasure of hearing any negative postings (implied..curbing negative posts) is just as important as my post telling him to allow the market the freedom to express its individuals opinions and reasonings.....such is life..eh?
    Great posting, Hoop.

Puts everything in some perspective.

The "first school of thought" investors always get upset by various market behaviours ( Usually the behaviours which don't go their way)...should they be???..In practice no..because they should realise that buying shares in a specific company is really buying into that marketplace... therefore they will now and always be exposed and dictated by those market forces until they leave the market (sell).

Soooo...Couta welcome to world of the free market place, a place where everyone has their own opinions and reasonings and nature does it's thing by always oscillating (correcting) to keep that systemic equilibrium in place...a place like any other place on Earth ..ruled with a hen pecking order, the big fish have the power within the pond thereby are to be respected. They set the rules so do what they say or get eaten..but, for us small fish, life isn't too bad..eh?... there is a consolation prize that we do live within a democratic system where we can make ourselves feel important by freely expressing our small insignificant opinions without too much fear....but we have to observe all the happenings within our pond (market) and stay alert to survive and prosper..

Second that balance - one of the best posts ive seen in a while!

Quote Originally Posted by snapiti View Post
    lol as usual your one sided bull approach.
    Lets not forget nmp22 was touted as being the next best thing 15 years ago... never really took off.
    Lets also remember that nmp22 has a specificity of 88% compared to CX bladders 85%.
    I have read the share forums chat sites about nmp22.... way back in the early 2000.
    There were plenty of Mac's and Dentie's and Minors on that site too...... all thought they had struck gold by investing in the company that owned nmp22.... until the company sold out for fark all as sales traction was so slow.....35 million I believe with a substantial list of IP thrown in as well or was that what the $35m was for and nmp22 was thrown in.... hard to say but I notice on any urology sit I visit NMP22 gets way more mention than CX Bladder. More times than not cx bladder still is not mentioned
    Sobering reading about Maritech & NMP22 and how it was sold for $36m after such huge promise.

Let's hope PEB has learnt from Maritech's mistakes and will deliver.

So far, company has been super big on announcements but very light on actual sales.

I'm looking for 'tens of thousands of units of sales'.

Then, it's buy with gusto.
    Last edited by Balance; 04-11-2014 at 01:06 PM.