sharetrader
Page 980 of 2128 FirstFirst ... 4808809309709769779789799809819829839849901030108014801980 ... LastLast
Results 9,791 to 9,800 of 21275
    Banned

Well, readers can assess for themselves what the facts are and what is just simply bull**** from knockers with agenda’s.

NMP22 never took off because it was simply not as good as what clinicians were already doing, cytology, it was not a disruptive technology in the market for that very reason, that's not to say that it has not been profitable for Alere, it's been very profitable as some clinicians use it as a pre-screening process.

Cxbladder is the first such test to come along that demonstrably is superior to incumbent clinical practice, and by quite a good margin too, that makes it uniquely a disruptive technology and provides for the company and investors a unique opportunity, as Pacific Edge are in a first mover position to capitalise on that advantage.

In addition, there are several more uses and applications for Cxbladder products than what NMP22 is capable of providing. There are even a couple of applications which Cytology cannot perform but which Cxbladder can, for the first time offer to clinicians.

Both the performance and the market is significantly greater for Cxbladder.

If some seem bullish it is for both good clinical and business reasons.

Attachment 6438

Time to re-read notes on Sensitivity/ Specificity again Snapiti?

Quote Originally Posted by snapiti View Post
    lol as usual your one sided bull approach.
    Lets not forget nmp22 was touted as being the next best thing 15 years ago... never really took off.
    Lets also remember that nmp22 has a specificity of 88% compared to CX bladders 85%.
    I have read the share forums chat sites about nmp22.... way back in the early 2000.
    There were plenty of Mac's and Dentie's and Minors on that site too...... all thought they had struck gold by investing in the company that owned nmp22.... until the company sold out for fark all as sales traction was so slow.....35 million I believe with a substantial list of IP thrown in as well or was that what the $35m was for and nmp22 was thrown in.... hard to say but I notice on any urology sit I visit NMP22 gets way more mention than CX Bladder. More times than not cx bladder still is not mentioned
    I'll take the bait Snapiti....
    As an unashamed “bull” on what PEB is trying to achieve for those poor buggers that have, at the moment, bladder cancer. Hopefully they will also help colorectal patients and others in the future

You’ve used NMP22’s inability to make meaningful sales over a 15 year period on several occasions now as your means to quell any headway PEB might be making in the market…either in the SP or in the business generally.
    Your above post just highlights how archaic and sloth like Urologists might be in taking up new medical advances, probably only because they are afraid of possible litigation – as opposed to what might be the superior technology. If they put their patients best interests ahead of their own, I think you will find PEB would have trouble keeping up with demand.
    As for striking gold, well – along with others, we certainly did and took a lot off the table. But, I really believe in PEB - so have a left a fair bit on the table as well.
    If PEB held your view, they would look at what NMP22 has achieved, fold up the company and go fishing instead! Thankfully, they believe in what they are doing…and good on them.

AWOL

Quote Originally Posted by psychic View Post
    Time to re-read notes on Sensitivity/ Specificity again Snapiti?
    Dont tell me we have to get Hancocks car with the burglar alarm out again. (bashing head against brick wall)

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Whipmoney View Post
    It is incorrect to say that fundamental investors (the first school) always get upset when the market doesn't go there way. Maybe 'sometimes' might be a better description (when weird market events occur that make no rationale sense) however a wise fundamental investor would realize it is this exactly this behaviour which generates the numerous opportunities to benefit from value plays.

If the market were always on point with its pricing and priced exactly to the point of the fundamental worth of a company then a fundamental investors return would effectively be limited to that of the cash earnings of the company (or something akin to the dividend yield).

It is the fact that the market under/over prices stocks that allows us to buy cheap and sell high.

This rationale by its very nature is why we often view the market as generally being wrong with its pricing (hence why we generally disregard the second school of thought).

Food for thought.

Disc: in the case of PEB I have long thought that it was overvalued (hence the market has been wrong for some time) given the lack of improvement in its fundamentals.
    Whip...The Mr Market wasn't wrong....The Fundamentalists saw value in PEB using those "back then" variables and going forward.. ..Since then, those variables have changed (as they do) and the market corrects (as it does) ... Investors aren't as upbeat and have priced PEB with more conservatism now..

..Speaking about weird market events ....I've seen about 6 severe market/economic downturns (2007 downturn was only mild in NZ and overall sanity still prevailed) and from experience I've seen some really crazy insane fundamental cause and effect sh1t happen during bear crashes which are beyond rational belief and unfortunately those actions are beyond most people's control and has the ability to destroy fundamentally healthy companies and investors life savings to boot....I was a pure fundamental investor for 25 years and those times have made me wise enough to never quote your statement I took liberty to highlight in your quoted post ..

Opportunities from a Technical perspective Yes definitely!!!...Opportunities from a Fundamental perpective...hmmm from experience it's a cautious maybe
    Last edited by Hoop; 04-11-2014 at 02:23 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by MAC View Post
    Well, readers can assess for themselves what the facts are and what is just simply bull**** from knockers with agenda’s.

NMP22 never took off because it was simply not as good as what clinicians were already doing, cytology, it was not a disruptive technology in the market for that very reason, that's not to say that it has not been profitable for Alere, it's been very profitable as some clinicians use it as a pre-screening process.

Cxbladder is the first such test to come along that demonstrably is superior to incumbent clinical practice, and by quite a good margin too, that makes it uniquely a disruptive technology and provides for the company and investors a unique opportunity, as Pacific Edge are in a first mover position to capitalise on that advantage.

In addition, there are several more uses and applications for Cxbladder products than what NMP22 is capable of providing. There are even a couple of applications which Cytology cannot perform but which Cxbladder can, for the first time offer to clinicians.

Both the performance and the market is significantly greater for Cxbladder.

If some seem bullish it is for both good clinical and business reasons.

Attachment 6438
    Thats great....but does that mean there will be sales?.........

Meanwhile I float in that mirky world between fundamental long term holders---and traders-----buying and selling to stay alive in ''the market'' with a company that I like.

Guru

So in a nutshell Yea!!! PEB.---Dang those conservative urologists---and DANG that mr market!!!---unless things go well --and the YEA!! everything (remember when mr.market and PEB were the same thing?)

Which brings me back to that knawing question--Is this action atm just investors getting cold feet--or is it those insiders with info.

If the sales turn out to be stellar then we will know it was the former--If they are not good--then I guess Ill keep on wondering.

Banned

I totally agree with you that if the urologist's put their patients first cx bladder would be a winner.
    The problem is that history shows us they have been very reluctant to do so and judging from the very slow sales traction of cx bladder nothing has changed.
    Have a read of the recent QRX debarkle......... it serve as a reminder where blind faith gets investors when they invest in managements blind faith.
    Oh dear lord, QRX, what an utter disaster. Missed that bullet very narrowly.

We are all only one trade away from eating a large slice of humble pie. Always remember that!

AWOL

Quote Originally Posted by skid View Post
    So in a nutshell Yea!!! PEB.---Dang those conservative urologists---and DANG that mr market!!!---unless things go well --and the YEA!! everything (remember when mr.market and PEB were the same thing?)

Which brings me back to that knawing question--Is this action atm just investors getting cold feet--or is it those insiders with info.

If the sales turn out to be stellar then we will know it was the former--If they are not good--then I guess Ill keep on wondering.
    So what would your numbers be for a middle of the road neither stellar nor too bad result to end of Sept.
    Mine is 3328. If it is 2053 we are a month behind, 1265 2 months behind, 778 3 months behind.
    5391 1 month ahead, 8729 2 months ahead.
    This is based on a fibonacci curve starting with 3 for last sept announcement and 176 to end of March.
    3 and 7 are the two starting numbers.
    This also gives us , dare I say it, "several 10s of thousands" by end of March 2015.

yes a shocker but lots of investors had great faith in the management for a long time despite results not supporting the promises.
    All this reminds of that great Australian company Metal Storm .... zillions of posts on sharetrader equivalents about what a great product and great management and tens of thousands of sales and fortunes being made .... and it all came to nought

KW probalky remembers?