sharetrader
Page 985 of 2125 FirstFirst ... 4858859359759819829839849859869879889899951035108514851985 ... LastLast
Results 9,841 to 9,850 of 21246
    Banned

Pacific edge tell us their strategy is to focus on HMO and LUG user programmes such that many of them, well 10% of them after five years to be precise, will adopt Cxbladder. They have eight sales staff at present for pursuing this purpose, and a quick read of their job descriptions confirms such.

What they don’t have or want is a small army of charismatic well dressed sales folk in fast cars, door knocking on Urologist doors and chasing retail sales, because they have determined that it’s much more prospective strategically to work with the big players, and a sales force of hundreds might otherwise be required for what might be of relatively small benefit.

If the latter was the case then early retail sales might be a more meaningful indicator, but it’s a moot point really, if Pacific Edge get as many as a few random retail sales, well ok, if they only get as many as a few random retail sales, well ok too, it doesn’t matter so much in the big picture.

They have allocated resources to gathering the loaves rather than to picking up the crumbs. And, one HMO loaf a year going forward is all Pacific Edge need to meet their goals.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by NewGuy View Post
    Agreed MAC. 80/20 rule prevails.
    For those who have no idea what NG said...

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pareto_principle

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by psychic View Post
    I don't know when you last bought in Skid, but the last announcement was 16/9 when Charles Sitch joined the board.
    There was no great change in SP that I can see?
    I'm not sure that what you describe is very unusual for the sharemarket.

There was vol and price movement after the Colorectal announcement, but nothing out of the ordinary beforehand.
    It was when they announced the multiplan and Salt fund on board (in may 2014) and after starting up at opening,the SP dropped--I just couldnt figure out why this would happen with what appeared to be really good news--It was just before the sales announcement . bought on 23rd and bailed on the 28th to stop the blood (bought again later )
    Like I said it could have been for different reasons but seemed strange to me ,especially since the sales announcement came just afterwards.

I dont know if its possible to pull the stats for that day ,but if you can have a look.

some said it was instos waiting for a bit of good news to unload and balance--anyway water under the bridge.
    Last edited by skid; 10-11-2014 at 04:30 PM.

AWOL

Quote Originally Posted by skid View Post
    It was when they announced the multiplan and Salt fund on board (in may 2014) and after starting up at opening,the SP dropped--I just couldnt figure out why this would happen with what appeared to be really good news--It was just before the sales announcement . bought on 23rd and bailed on the 28th to stop the blood (bought again later )
    Like I said it could have been for different reasons but seemed strange to me ,especially since the sales announcement came just afterwards.

I dont know if its possible to pull the stats for that day ,but if you can have a look.
    The Annual report on 28th or thereabouts was expected. The Multiplan wasnt. Defying logic meant that punters bailed figuring that good news just before could only mean one thing - that the sales were not that flash and the price might dive. In this case they were correct. However, the release of good news before unknown sales figures should not be seen as an indicator for bad things to come. I really wouldnt like to be unloaded when the good figures finally arrive. Would make the last couple of years a big waste of time.

Guru

Its just a matter of risk management--if your quick you can buy back in once things seem on track--It would be a sacrifice of potential short term gains to get on an uptrend ,but protection against a further drop if sales are not good (or need more time to get on track)
    Anyway..bit of optimism creeping back in atm.so 6 or one and half dozen of the other.

Guys, all that's happening is the price is lowering to the point where I am enticed to buy back in.
    As soon as I buy I will let you all know and we'll be off like a rocket (a successful one ).

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by klid View Post
    Guys, all that's happening is the price is lowering to the point where I am enticed to buy back in.
    As soon as I buy I will let you all know and we'll be off like a rocket (a successful one ).
    With an offer like that,how can we lose?

Guru

Klid-Ive noticed that XRO is making up a bit of ground--didnt you have some sort of theory on that?(in relation to PEB)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by skid View Post
    Klid-Ive noticed that XRO is making up a bit of ground--didnt you have some sort of theory on that?(in relation to PEB)
    Ah the good old PEB/XRO parallel running chart! We humans love to make out patterns and information where there really is little/none. All it shows is a penchant for building castles in the sky (and then breaking them down) at plotted points in time. More a map of human psychology than stock performance!

For the squiggly lines, pull up a 2 year chart and compare XRO & PEB. Is it really that hard to do?
    Last edited by BFG; 11-11-2014 at 10:47 AM.

Yeah OK BFG, I just pulled up a 2 year chart and compared XRO and PEB. Quite easy, no need for the condescension . And what? Correlations. Are you reading it properly? I don't know what you're on about. What news has there been recently for PEB and what for XRO. I'm not going to explain it any more than that, if you can't see it, that's your shortsightedness.

Skid, I posted in the XRO thread about why I think it took off Monchillo was tiny but they have US customers which are now suddenly going to become XRO customers.