sharetrader
Page 986 of 2128 FirstFirst ... 4868869369769829839849859869879889899909961036108614861986 ... LastLast
Results 9,851 to 9,860 of 21275
    Guru

Yea I made a mention of that also--I was just having a good nature dig at your comment when you sold and bought about the time I was selling--might have just been a joke on your part---no harm done eh?

Guru

I suppose in a way it doesnt really matter what the SP does until the sales come out--unless you are entertaining the theory that some know ahead of time(which I must admit I do at times)
    Other than that its just a barometer of how investors are feeling about the odds of good or bad sales.

Dont forget to set your computer up to give you an electric shock when the announcement comes
    Last edited by skid; 11-11-2014 at 05:16 PM.

lol. You're absolutely right skid I do have said theory evidenced by the 2 year comparison and even more so by the 1 year one. No problem with what you said! I just don't understand how BFG can reference it and say there's nothing there - I conclude he's being an idiot on purpose -- I just don't see the point.

On a side note, a bit of a purchase today, on volume! Maybe that's due to it just catching up to PEB over the last few days? I say that tongue in cheek, but, seriously, it could be true. Even though the XRO news had nothing to do with PEB directly, and is probably hard for people to fathom how it has anything to do with them indirectly too.

Hello again,

The other day I listened in on some of the earnings call from Exact Sciences over in the US. There were some interesting comments from management that I think are relevant for Pacific Edge and cxBladder going forward.

As I mentioned a while back, they have FDA approval and CMS coverage for their test, Cologuard, a screening tool for colon cancer.
    Anyways, one of the major takeaways is, when their sales staff roll into clinics armed with those two actions, the sales process is fairly straight forward; They talk about one sales guy going on a run of 90 doctors before coming across one that said no. Here's an excerpt from the transcript:

"So, when we're walking in now and having the conversation it is far less clinical and a lot more frankly, operational... The feedback has overwhelmingly been supportive on a clinical message, they know this is the right things to do, it's 'how do we do it, how do we implement it?' "

The sales strategy does seem slightly different to Pacific Edge's in that EXAS are aiming squarely at primary care physicians. Of which they have a whopping 5,000 already registered, ready to and or currently ordering tests for patients. They want to eventually reach 200,000. Their sales team is 120 strong, with another 20 to add in the coming year.

I see that Cologuard has been added to the American Cancer Society Colorectal screening guidelines. It is the only bioMarker test listed, which is a pretty good advantage. The equivalent document for bladder cancer lists our old favourites, UroVysion, NMP22 and Immunocyt.
    It also has a sensitivity of 92%, not bad.

Maybe I'm in the wrong stock! Best of breed and all that.

But seriously, I think PEB will be fine assuming Kaiser and CMS come through, officially. There's more diagnostic bioMarker tests around than ever, which to me, indicates a shift in awareness and practices. Its up to PEB to capitalize on it, which I think they will.

transcript: http://seekingalpha.com/article/2601...pt?part=single

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by AndyLP View Post
    Hello again,

The other day I listened in on some of the earnings call from Exact Sciences over in the US. There were some interesting comments from management that I think are relevant for Pacific Edge and cxBladder going forward.

As I mentioned a while back, they have FDA approval and CMS coverage for their test, Cologuard, a screening tool for colon cancer.
    Anyways, one of the major takeaways is, when their sales staff roll into clinics armed with those two actions, the sales process is fairly straight forward; They talk about one sales guy going on a run of 90 doctors before coming across one that said no. Here's an excerpt from the transcript:

"So, when we're walking in now and having the conversation it is far less clinical and a lot more frankly, operational... The feedback has overwhelmingly been supportive on a clinical message, they know this is the right things to do, it's 'how do we do it, how do we implement it?' "

The sales strategy does seem slightly different to Pacific Edge's in that EXAS are aiming squarely at primary care physicians. Of which they have a whopping 5,000 already registered, ready to and or currently ordering tests for patients. They want to eventually reach 200,000. Their sales team is 120 strong, with another 20 to add in the coming year.

I see that Cologuard has been added to the American Cancer Society Colorectal screening guidelines. It is the only bioMarker test listed, which is a pretty good advantage. The equivalent document for bladder cancer lists our old favourites, UroVysion, NMP22 and Immunocyt.
    It also has a sensitivity of 92%, not bad.

Maybe I'm in the wrong stock! Best of breed and all that.

But seriously, I think PEB will be fine assuming Kaiser and CMS come through, officially. There's more diagnostic bioMarker tests around than ever, which to me, indicates a shift in awareness and practices. Its up to PEB to capitalize on it, which I think they will.

transcript: http://seekingalpha.com/article/2601...pt?part=single
    so I gather by your post that this is something they(PEB)should aspire to,a goal so to speak(and alot more of an informative goal than just some number ) Still a long way to go --how long will be alot clearer soon (It would sure be nice to hear a bit more about the strategy along with the sales numbers) We'll see

Quote Originally Posted by skid View Post
    so I gather by your post that this is something they(PEB)should aspire to,a goal so to speak(and alot more of an informative goal than just some number ) Still a long way to go --how long will be alot clearer soon (It would sure be nice to hear a bit more about the strategy along with the sales numbers) We'll see
    Is PEB planning on providing more regular updates on test numbers, paid or otherwise in the near future? I recall David Darling discussing this possibility quite some time ago, but nothing seems to have come of it! Does my memory fail me? I presume at the very least, the AGM must have provided some sort of an update on this, so maybe one of the attendees can help out.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by klid View Post
    lol. You're absolutely right skid I do have said theory evidenced by the 2 year comparison and even more so by the 1 year one. No problem with what you said! I just don't understand how BFG can reference it and say there's nothing there - I conclude he's being an idiot on purpose -- I just don't see the point.

On a side note, a bit of a purchase today, on volume! Maybe that's due to it just catching up to PEB over the last few days? I say that tongue in cheek, but, seriously, it could be true. Even though the XRO news had nothing to do with PEB directly, and is probably hard for people to fathom how it has anything to do with them indirectly too.
    Ya gotta admit ,its a bit of a far fetched correlation,but you seemed to have banked a bit on it so who am I to knock it.
    That XRO volume is due to their purchase which seems to have turned the tide (market loves that sort of thing) IMO
    Market sentiment in general for growth stocks could however have a much more tangible correlation so in that since its not so far fetched.

Quote Originally Posted by Hancocks View Post
    This is a good little read to get a bit of an understanding of the Cologuard test before we make too many comparisons.

HyperLink:Facts, Myths, and the Stool DNA Test
    Interesting article. The obvious question is: Is she being paid in any way by the accompany that produces FIT or anyone else in the sector? It is very rare these days that academics in the states are completely unbiassed when it comes to this sort of stuff.... It is simply the way it works, and has done for many years.....

Quote Originally Posted by snapiti View Post
    lol.... yes DD did discuss it when he was asked about it.
    But it is not hard to work out why it is currently not been done and may not be for some time.
    Are you saying he discussed it at the AGM? or are you saying my memory is correct in that he did (oat some point) discuss the likelihood of more regular updates in the past?

If at the AGM, an update would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by twotic View Post
    Interesting article. The obvious question is: Is she being paid in any way by the accompany that produces FIT or anyone else in the sector? It is very rare these days that academics in the states are completely unbiassed when it comes to this sort of stuff.... It is simply the way it works, and has done for many years.....
    Worth reading the comments, link at the foot of the article