Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
Fascinating how putting a few $$$ into SCFHA as a punt can warp a person's thinking.
Balance, you have been played.

Have you noticed that since the trading halt you vocal mate has disappeared. Perhaps there are now no punters to scare into making a foolish decision?

It is well known, on this thread, that at the beginning of the year I was very bearish on SCF. This fact has been observed and restated by many people on this thread. I have even made a point of restating it, myself.

So, for the benefit of Balance and the other Alzheimers patients, I will restate my reasons:

1) Late 2009, SCF were in complete denial - they were in a very serious situation without leadership or a plan
2) Sandy Maier, within a few months, completely turned this situation around. He triaged the loan receivables; appointed a new auditor; appointed a new leadership team; focused the team on the goals of restructuring the company in three "divisions"; restored some degree of public confidence (timely accounts, equity restructure, prospectus registration, Trustee relationship) and provided clear leadership. At this point - SCF became a strong recovery prospect.

We are now at a stage in which these recovery prospects are being tested.

Ask yourself a question: "In NZ financial circles, who knows the most about the inner workings and prospects for SCF?".

Some months ago, I asked myself this question. I came up with an answer. I have acted to follow this "smart money" by making an investment in SCFHAs.

I remain of the view that people selling SCFHAs at less than 15cents are vastly overstating the probability of failure and grossly understating the prospects for recovery. The trading halt, finally, has put an end to the malicious games.