sharetrader
Page 152 of 296 FirstFirst ... 52102142148149150151152153154155156162202252 ... LastLast
Results 1,511 to 1,520 of 2956

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    I have speculated before that SCF will either be owned shortly by Chineese / Asian interests, but there is of course the possibility that Torchlight might see the lightof day as the major shareholder, otherwise the Govt is likely to have to pick up the peices.
    Since the Chinese have just picked up a $82m stake in Synlait which is just down the road from SCF then there might be some substance to your speculation. They could be up for securing the whole supply chain - which should see some movement on LPC as well.

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    Since the Chinese have just picked up a $82m stake in Synlait which is just down the road from SCF then there might be some substance to your speculation. They could be up for securing the whole supply chain - which should see some movement on LPC as well.
    I cannot think of any financial institution bought by the Chinese in Australasia - that''s not what they are interested in.

Notice how just about every company which is in difficulties is 'talking' with Asian/Chinese interests? Used to be the Arabs. Before them, the Japanese. Before them, the Americans etc.

Heritage Gold last year pulled a lovely one - in discussions with Chinese interests to JV. The market lapped it up and happily supported a capital raising at 3.5c. Today its sp is 2.4c and they are still in discussions!

I can see the Chinese being interested in buying dairy farms in receivership/loan default off SCF. SCF itself is a can of worms which they will avoid.
    Last edited by Balance; 19-07-2010 at 06:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    I cannot think of any financial institution bought by the Chinese in Australasia - that''s not what they are interested in.

Notice how just about every company which is in difficulties is 'talking' with Asian/Chinese interests? Used to be the Arabs. Before them, the Japanese. Before them, the Americans etc.

Heritage Gold last year pulled a lovely one - in discussions with Chinese interests to JV. The market lapped it up and happily supported a capital raising at 3.5c. Today its sp is 2.4c and they are still in discussions!

I can see the Chinese being interested in buying dairy farms in receivership/loan default off SCF. SCF itself is a can of worms which they will avoid.
    Yeap, my source reckoned the chances of a capital raising deal being finalised were slim, due to the severity of issues involved, of course Uncle Alan will see everyone right....YEAH RIGHT !!
    Last edited by Beagle; 19-07-2010 at 07:00 PM.

Yeap, my source reckoned the chances of a capital raising deal being finalised were slim, due to the severity of issues involved, of course Uncle Alan will see everyone right....YEAH RIGHT !!
    LOL - Imagine the march down Timaru and Christchurch in support of Hubbard selling to the Chinese though!

Ably led by a certain gentleman who believes AH does not borrow and if he did, it's all kosher!
    Last edited by Balance; 19-07-2010 at 07:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    LOL - Imagine the march down Timaru and Christchurch in support of Hubbard selling to the Chinese though!

Ably led by a certain gentleman who believes AH does not borrow and if he did, it's all kosher!
    LOL too funny, cut it out or I'll split my sides with laughter.

by andyh | 18 Jul 10, 4:35pm
    I shouldn't preen yourself to
    0 points I shouldn't preen yourself to much if I were you. You seem unable to grasp the fundamental problem here. Lets remind ourselves again:

''Grant Thornton warned there was a risk investors owed NZ$96 million may not receive all their money back''.

Never mind this smokescreen about interest payments being made and quarterly statements being issued. The investigators are trying to tell you something that you and the other Hubbard cultists seemingly refuse to accept. That is that these investors PRINCIPLE is now impaired. Ask yourself how that might have happened? Where might the interest payments have been met from? There certainly wasn't much income being generated for Aorangi investors from the interest free loans he was making to friends and associates through the laughably termed 'charitable trusts' was there? Are you really not able to join the dots?

And spare us the chaff that Hubbard will make good from his own funds. He hasn't remotely come close to making SCF whole in the past 12 months (indulging instead in a complex and ineffective shuffling of assets to give the semblance that he was still a multi-millionaire able to 'put things right'). SCF is at death's door and Hubbard has been able to do nothing about it. His latest failure (the 'big third party investor' who was meant to come on board by June 30th) appears an invention of Crafaresque proportions.
    I liked this one from the interest.co.nz thread. No prizes for naming the resident Hubbard Cultist on this site !!
    Last edited by Beagle; 19-07-2010 at 07:40 PM.

Hubbard supporters push bandwagon on to internet

By Anne Gibson
    4:00 AM Friday Jul 16, 2010

Facebook pages include Leave Allan Hubbard Alone, while non-Facebook users are being asked to email support. Photo / Supplied

Thousands of people are showing their support for Timaru businessman Allan Hubbard on the internet.
    The 82-year-old is being backed by two Facebook pages as well as a bumper sticker campaign which has reached Britain, an email-based group, and special supporter groups.
    Facebook's Leave Allan Hubbard Alone has more than 4000 members and Help Allan Hubbard had nearly 700 fans yesterday.
    Facebook pictures show Hollywood actor John Wayne as a cowboy on horseback: "When the going gets tough Allan, there's only one man who can sort out these creeps," one of the page's members writes.
    Another picture shows a thermometer reading the low political temperature for National in Timaru.
    Non-Facebook followers are being asked to email their support to stand.by.hubbard@gmail
    Supporters are growing daily and stickers spawned by one of the Facebook campaigns are being distributed by Timaru's Showgrounds Auto Services.
    Supporter Rosy Thomas said people not on Facebook can email confidentially. "Please, supporters, pass this on to friends and associates."
    In another post, she wrote of Honest Hubbard Supporters.
    "Go on a mailing list for updates and for private discussions, strategy, etc," she said.
    Lesley Craig of Showgrounds Auto Services said her outlet had quickly distributed an initial 250 bumper stickers with Hubbard's face and a link to Leave Allan Hubbard Alone.
    "The second lot was 1000 stickers and most of those are gone," she said. Oamaru signwriter Lance Streeter had paid to have these printed and people throughout New Zealand and in Britain had requested them.
    Suzanne Edmonds of Exposing Unacceptable Financial Activities says the Hubbards are innocent and she is regularly posting supportive messages.
    "Many people have travelled to Timaru to see Mr and Mrs Hubbard. This is for genuine concern for the Hubbards and with the sake of New Zealand, the country Mr Hubbard has helped build ethically," she wrote on Help Allan Hubbard.
    A spokesman for Commerce Minister Simon Power said yesterday Power had "noted the reaction to the appointment of the statutory managers".
    The deluge of electronic support expresses parochial sentiment, lashes out at the Government's move against Allan and Jean Hubbard, calls for Serious Fraud Office executives to be run out of town, criticises the Securities Commission's Simon Botherway and posts media articles on the Facebook pages.
    A photograph of Hubbard in an armchair with a rug over his knees features prominently on the pages backing the businessman known for carrying a battered briefcase and driving an old VW.
    Leave Allan Hubbard Alone has links directly to Prime Minister John Key's email, Power and local National MP Jo Goodhew. Leave Allan Hubbard Alone was established by Rob Clarke of Showgrounds Auto Services and gained 2367 members in its first five days last month.
    Loyalty expressed on Facebook remains undented even after the highly critical first report from statutory managers Grant Thornton, released on Tuesday, saying Aorangi Securities investors' money has been frozen.
    Tim Clarke, of Russell McVeagh's public law and policy team, confirmed he was acting for the Hubbards and he is expected to try to have their personal funds unfrozen and challenge the process taken to put them into statutory management.
    Last edited by Enumerate; 19-07-2010 at 08:08 PM.
    Do not consider my postings as investment advice. I am here to share research and to speculate on what might be. The boundary between fact and conjecture might not always be clear - best to treat all comments as speculation.

4,173 members on Leave Allan Hubbard Alone

Amazing this social media

Send them more money to yet another another Trust set up to help the Hubbards, this is just getting more comical the longer it goes on.

Enumerate, my 86 year old father has an old Violin you could borrow and record a sad tune, post a you tube clip with a link, then we could hear your rendition while reading your posts, LOL

Send them more money to yet another another Trust set up to help the Hubbards, this is just getting more comical the longer it goes on.

Enumerate, my 86 year old father has an old Violin you could borrow and record a sad tune, post a you tube clip with a link, then we could hear your rendition while reading your posts, LOL
    LOL - Now you have got me splitting my sides laughing! 'Swing low, swing high' you reckon for the sad tune?

I wonder if one of the dodgy looking characters on the facebook page is our very own resident Hubbard cultist - the one with the tattoo and T-shirt? Would hate to meet him in a dark street - he looks like he has not eaten for days due to some investment in a dodgy interest-free loan?
    Last edited by Balance; 19-07-2010 at 09:33 PM.