sharetrader
Page 157 of 296 FirstFirst ... 57107147153154155156157158159160161167207257 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,570 of 2956

This is AH in action - the man who had access to hundreds of millions of dollars guaranteed by taxpayers via SCF in 2008 and 2009.

Related party transactions (rpt) increased by over $200m during that period.

On 30 June 2007, rpt were $69.5m, and shf was $209.8m.
    By 30 December 2008 as the GFC bit hard, rpt was $170.2m vs shf of $250.5m.
    By 30 December 2009, rpt was $295.7m vs shf of $48m (yes, $48m).

----------------------- AH in ACTION -------------------------------------------

Excerpt : "Mr Hubbard said that's not the case, as the funds were his in the first place. He says he then had them transferred to the trusts ahead of Aorangi issuing a prospectus.
    He told Radio New Zealand's business editor he "never borrowed" and it was "always kosher".

SM Report states : ""To date we have seen clear evidence that there is an intricate and complex relationship between the affairs of Aorangi, Te Tua Trust and the affairs of Mr and Mrs Hubbard and other associated entities." ""The level of investments in (including loans to) businesses associated with Mr and Mrs Hubbard without registered security is of concern. Most of these investments are in or to farm businesses that have loans from banks secured by a mortgage over the assets of the farm. This could mean, in the case of direct investments in those farm businesses, that Aorangi would only be paid after the creditors of those businesses were fully paid."
    Last edited by Balance; 20-07-2010 at 10:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Breastwork View Post
    So here we have the SFO, of which Botherway is a director
    Should be:

Quote Originally Posted by Correction
    So here we have the SEC, of which Botherway is a director.
    Winner69 pointed this out some time ago.

My apology:

Breastwork I apologise that you are having difficulty keeping up with what is posted on the thread. I know it involves reading, and this may be difficult, in some circumstances ... but there is no real way around this. (Unless of course you have a clairvoyant octopus stashed away in an aquarium hideaway).

I would point out that if "misinformation" hurts your ears - then I would say you will have a terribly unpleasant time on this thread (if you engage the logic processing parts of your brain).
    Last edited by Enumerate; 21-07-2010 at 08:04 AM.
    Do not consider my postings as investment advice. I am here to share research and to speculate on what might be. The boundary between fact and conjecture might not always be clear - best to treat all comments as speculation.

Share Collector

Quote Originally Posted by Enumerate View Post
    I will confess that I am deeply impressed by the integrity and intelligence of Allan Hubbard, the man. The Kipling poem "If" reminds me, in verse, of what I can expect of the man, in life:

If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
    To serve your turn long after they are gone,
    And so hold on when there is nothing in you
    Except the Will which says to them: 'Hold on!'

Perhaps not surprisingly, the same verse that came to mind for me when reading the recent Hubbard publicity. Always loved that poem - though wasn't sure if my gender disqualified me from it...

Breastwork I apologise that you are having difficulty keeping up with what is posted on the thread. I know it involves reading, and this may be difficult, in some circumstances ... but there is no real way around this. (Unless of course you have a clairvoyant octopus stashed away in an aquarium hideaway).

I would point out that if "misinformation" hurts your ears - then I would say you will have a terribly unpleasant time on this thread (if you engage the logic processing parts of your brain).
    Last edited by Enumerate; Today at 08:04 AM.
    LOL, that was amusing.

Quote Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
    ... though wasn't sure if my gender disqualified me from it...
    I don't think that the structure of the chromosomes has any relevance to the higher qualities of the "soul".

Kipling has been much criticised as being an artefact of an imperial age. However, his words are accessible to everyone ...

Apart from the major works ... his "The Song of the Cities" is very frequently quoted (or, actually, misquoted):

Last, loneliest, loveliest, exquisite, apart --
    On us, on us the unswerving season smiles,
    Who wonder 'mid our fern why men depart
    To seek the Happy Isles!
    Do not consider my postings as investment advice. I am here to share research and to speculate on what might be. The boundary between fact and conjecture might not always be clear - best to treat all comments as speculation.

Default Peas to put tiny dent in $14m debt

Well here's one impairment for the year and what a headline!
    http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/indu...nt-in-14m-debt

Quote Originally Posted by Jaa View Post
    Well here's one impairment for the year and what a headline!
    http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/indu...nt-in-14m-debt
    I predict this is just one of a whole litany of "brilliant" loans Lachie approved that will come out of the woodwork for new 30 June impairements.

Watch TV1 at 7.00 tonight.
    It may give some an insight into the real Mr and Mrs Hubbard.

Quote Originally Posted by Awamoa View Post
    Watch TV1 at 7.00 tonight.
    It may give some an insight into the real Mr and Mrs Hubbard.
    Thanks for that tip, I'll tune in with keen interest.

Signing off $14m for peas might have been one of Lachies' Last Legacies.