sharetrader
Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 212728293031

on the Eur/cad the weekly is showing resistance at 1.43 and the butterfly which started back in jan is now more or less at 161 ext.
    the daily has another butterfly is at 161 ext now. i would like a spike up ideally toward 1.43 with a nice reversal candle for a good entry in the PRZ
    unfortunately for some reason manage attachments wont work and i cant upload to this page, it says my charts are of the wrong type but i uploaded just a few days ago
    i will keep trying .
    regard the timely video perhaps they may consider going from GMT time to Fib time

Default aud usd

here is a butterfly on the 2 hr AUD/USD
    the aud has been quite strong the last few days, but its interesting how its stopped
    right at the 161 ext
    of note it has a good level of resistance just above the 161.8 D leg .9200
    a weekly pivot also
    i will only go short if theres a spike up with a reversal candle
    and divergence on the indicators

Howabout this potential butterfly as a predictive tool to look for a turnaround in the S+P at 1815, perhaps precipitated when we finally get some tapering
    Shown on a monthly chart the fib extension is 1815 being 127% of the XA leg (I chopped it off in the screen grab sorry).

Attachment 4838

But we now have a D leg heading to the 127% fib and within the definition of the butterfly it can go anywhere between 127 and 161% so need to wait for further signals yet. Just waiting in the wings as Arco would have said.

butterfly.jpg
    Last edited by peat; 19-09-2013 at 09:31 AM.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Roddy

on my platform AUD/USD went lower on Aug 31st (D point below A point) so that invalidates the butterfly formation , so it looks like a double bottom.
    Also, as I said before the bearish butterfly is a reversal pattern so you need to look for it after a sustained rise not as is this case the fall from Aug 19th.

Default NZ setup

A nice gartley (close enough) in white and a butterfly in pink combined for this setup preciptitating a sharp sell off on a the NZD short time frame.

Attachment 4853

I got quick pips here.
    Last edited by peat; 20-09-2013 at 11:33 PM.

Hi Peat
    sorry i didnt realise you had been posting ,i will check in more often and hopefully find a butterflies too,yes nice trade on the nzd

Getting close at 1785 now !

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    howabout this potential butterfly as a predictive tool to look for a turnaround in the s+p at 1815, perhaps precipitated when we finally get some tapering
    shown on a monthly chart the fib extension is 1815 being 127% of the xa leg (i chopped it off in the screen grab sorry).

Attachment 4838

but we now have a d leg heading to the 127% fib and within the definition of the butterfly it can go anywhere between 127 and 161% so need to wait for further signals yet. Just waiting in the wings as arco would have said.

butterfly.jpg

Hi Peat,

great spotting there Peat ,i havent got a broker who i can trade the sp 500 so will be looking on with interest
    i have a daily chart of CAD JPY . i like the over head resistance at 97.50 which has been resistance since june and that the same level
    is 161 ext of xa, i would like to see a spike up with a reversal candle for entry,however "its not quite in the batters box yet" but on the watch list

heres the GBP JPY which is at a similar postion , i am keeping an eye on it for possible reversal, theres no
    local resistance ,but none the less i am keeping an eye on it as its near the PRZ

Default Perfect Bullish Gartley on Silver

Perfect Bullish Gartley on Silver over the last six months. It really needs to move from here to confirm though. Indicators have either not turned yet or have just started to but CCI and RSI have moved out of being oversold