sharetrader
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Advanced Member

quote:Originally posted by ari

quote:Galvanised bolts and brackets changed to stainless steel.
    Macdunk...don't get me started!
    Can't remember where,(somewhere on the Northshore) but I noticed 'Council' recently built walkway and handrails...and not a stainless bolt in sight! Mind you they don't fence their own waterways either.
    Also noticed recently house using Linea and they were battening for air gap....I used Linea on 2 houses 2 years ago and this was not a requirement....is this now a requirement?
    I am not to sure but i built an extension on the daughters house with LINEA and stuck a cavity gap in it even although non required according to the plans. The inspector didnt seem to know either about that or anything, looked up the book reciting like a parrot.macdunk

Macdunk

Thanks so much for your very informative and pragmatic comments on matters pertaining to the building trade, councils, building inspectors etc

You obviously have had extensive experience in this area --- if only the burocrats had your knowledge the building trade would be a whole lot better off
    Time is the great revealer

quote:The inspector didnt seem to know either about that or anything
    My final inspections were interesting....seemed only concerned re showers & laundrey cabinets. Ran water down all joints to see if they would leak and then tried to force laundrey cabinets off wall mountings. Walked around houses and that was it....simple!

I wonder if every week, council inspectors have a specific compliance issue to give added emphasis to?
    Death will be reality, Life is just an illusion.

quote:Originally posted by Steve

I wonder if every week, council inspectors have a specific compliance issue to give added emphasis to?
    Either that or it's something they've been hassled on? Warrant of Fitness guys tend to get paranoid about new things after each audit...

quote:Originally posted by limegreen

Either that or it's something they've been hassled on? Warrant of Fitness guys tend to get paranoid about new things after each audit...
    Agree with the WOF comment. I know an LTSA compliance auditor who checks up on various garages and quite often there is an underlying theme over and above the general compliance checks.
    Death will be reality, Life is just an illusion.