sharetrader
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Advanced Member

Default latest average building costs

FOR THOSE WITH AN INTEREST THE FIGURES FROM THE JUNE 2005 BUILDING INDUSTRY GUIDE. Free standing single residential guide

STANDARD HOUSE EXECUTIVE HOUSE ARCHITEC DESIGN
    AUCKLAND $1281 m2 $1800 $2500 m2

wellington $1186 m2 $1660 m2 $2320 m2

restof nthisland $1155 m2 $1520 m2 $2250 m2

all sth island $1130 m2 $$1600 m2 $2200 m2

The compliance costs are crippling the industry. macdunk

Does anyone know where you can get the equivalent figures for commercial construction (especially retail and office)?

Advanced Member

GET REAL, The variation in costs is to wide to be of any use. Apples with apples commercial has to many widely different types of buildings to come up with meaningfull figures. macdunk

Are you sure about these prices Duncan?

On Trade me a 105m2 Lockwood house goes for $61,500

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Pr...m?key=39901025

The price you give, about $1200 per m2, suggests this house should be 1200x105= $126000.
    \"The overweening conceit which the greater part of men have of their own abilities [and] their absurd presumption in their own good fortune.\" - <b>Adam Smith</b> - <i>The Wealth of Nations</i>

The information you have is not the information you want.
    The information you want is not the information you need.
    The information you need is not the information you can obtain.
    The informaton you can obtain costs more than you want to pay.

Advanced Member

RMBBRAVE, That is the average price official figures for june. That is the average you can still build much cheaper or find a relocateable or whatever. MACDUNK

McDunk, I was pleasantly surprised by the figures you posted, having been advised by an architect I briefed recently to allow $2500-$3500 + gst - which was around a grand more than the range I was expecting.

Are you able to shed any light on compliance related costs as a portion of the Msq rate and, from your experience, advise how that proportion has changed over recent times or likely to increase? I am aware of compliance changes which affected costs in April this year - are there more?

I am interested to understand the effect on the Msq rate of the current labor shortage compared to the percentages of material cost to those of other fees including compliance related components.
    http://www.smallcaps.co.nz

Profit & Loss is Opinion; Cashflow is Fact

Advanced Member

R2, subdivision compliance costs building compliance costs vary to such an extent, that average figures are worthless. The compliance costs have doubled even trebled of late with building regulations costs being a much higher percentage of total value than before. macdunk

duncan...where did yours figs come from. I have tracked the following site http://www.building.dbh.govt.nz/e/pu...ng_costs.shtml

My costs per m2 come out very close to the figs when using the quick calculator on site.

quote:Originally posted by R2

McDunk, I was pleasantly surprised by the figures you posted, having been advised by an architect I briefed recently to allow $2500-$3500 + gst - which was around a grand more than the range I was expecting.
    Are you building in the Remuera/Orakei area?

It all depends what kind of house, area and material use.
    This stock shines so bright that it \"Bling Blings\"

Not Auckland but in Wellington, Double B.

Was interested in the fact the Arch. can't start until early 06 and the builder I want to use can't start until second half 06.

So, I was interested in the Sqm rate - out of say, $2500/m, what proportion of the increase is due to compliance costs (fixed) and what proportion due to labour and perhaps material shortage related premiums (variable)?

Might just delay another year as I don't need to occupy and can wait as if that premium was, say, 10% on $2.5k/m,for example - the delay + saving would give me around $350k over 30 years.

Thought someone might know...

http://www.smallcaps.co.nz

Profit & Loss is Opinion; Cashflow is Fact