sharetrader
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Wow what luck. NHC is one of the few stocks I'm still trading at the moment. Got back in yesterday arvo based on all this takeover chatter. Annoucement this morning of a formal sale process. No guarantees of course. Also entered SOL this morning. SOL was already trading at a big discount to NTA. They own 59% of NHC. And also you could try BKW who own 43% of SOL.

As a previous NEC shareholder however I can't help but feel a bit ripped off. NEC has added to the strategic appeal of NHC by providing more options around future production growth. NHC got NEC for a steal (around $250m) but in research I've seen on NHC, the NEC assets add over $500m to NHC's valuation.

hmm this is strange NHC was Robert Millner flagship project?
    Last edited by lawrence; 05-10-2011 at 03:20 PM.

Millner is primarily an investor, he is not a miner and has always said he will sell any asset if the price is right. SOL will not sell its NHC stake cheap. They will want top dollar which puts into doubt whether a sale will actually happen. Citi analyst reckons $10 is required. Given they own their own port in Brisbane and don't have to pay demurrage fees you can see the strategic value.

For someone like Xstrata any delays in the building of the Southern missing rail link (or Wiggins Is terminal) can be overcome (up to a point) while the Wandoan mine is ramping up as they can send the coal south via Dalby/Toowoomba to NHC's port

Good points Mark wonder if they divest their DTE holding or add it to the pot?

Advanced Member

And to think NHC drop yesterday. Nice pick up Mark. NHC, with MC of $5 bil at $6 would be a big swallow.

I might pick up some BKI for some exposure. They own 13.7% of NHC. I should wait for their NTA announcement before buying. I think the rise in NHC would offset BHP and their banks holdings.

IMO

17 cent Divi plus 13 cent special Divi but fully franked.
    S/P re $.2.93 prior.
    This is for the HALF year report.
    Last edited by Joshuatree; 22-03-2022 at 11:00 AM.

Obviously, the full year result is going to be a boomer.
    Thermal coal prices still elevated, but off their peaks from a few weeks ago

Another great dividend ex date 24th OCT 56c ..I'm hoping my COAL spec AHQ trade will get a bounce so I can shift across to NHC and catch that Dividend pre ex date...
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Quote Originally Posted by JBmurc View Post
    Another great dividend ex date 24th OCT 56c ..I'm hoping my COAL spec AHQ trade will get a bounce so I can shift across to NHC and catch that Dividend pre ex date...
    Almost a $1 div for 2022 from a $3 sp trade in March. Thermal coal prices still at ATH. Raking in cash. Still a massive Div Yield at $6 sp

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by JBmurc View Post
    Juicy ehh,although I estimate we in NZ get re half that Divi in our accounts due to not being able to use the franking credits etc.Still very happy atp ,my entry being $1.65.

.A long tail for coal is essential to support the Green energy build up.