sharetrader
Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 16222324252627282930 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Wow what a shocker!! I’m completely surprised and just by share luck I sold my holding to buy FND earlier this year.

Company announcements to date have been positive and they always said profits will continue to grow from last years results. So this is a big surprise imo

percy

I did very well with Scott Basham when he ran AVA.
    Liked him and HCL's sector.
    Hold a medium sized holding.
    Times like this I think of the old saying.
    "A long term holding is a short term holding that did not work out."....lol

Very ugly announcement

This update has come without warning. On 5th December they released an investor presentation after the name change to HighCom.

I have read it again and there is absolutely no warning in there that inventory may need to be written down if it doesnt sell. Also no warning about how dire sales were..

FY24 Opportunity Pipeline & Outlook

The Group has an opportunity pipeline of leads at various stages ofqualification worth more than $375m:
    • HighCom Technology – is pursuing multiple drone relatedAcquisition & Support Contract opportunities across the region valued >$75m;
    • HighCom Armor – has a global pipeline of opportunities >$300mfor lightweight body armour, ballistic helmets, and ballisticshields, with customers such as the UK MoD, US DoD, US DoJ.

Based on the continued tailwinds for the sector, the current sales and business development activity being progressed around the world,and with the enormous long term revenue generation potential that we believe will be created from the relocation of our unique XTclave IP into the huge US market, the Group is positive about continued revenue growth and profitability in FY24 and beyond

this is bs. Cant believe i dodged this.. just by dumb luck really. Look at the timing they announced it to the market as well, right at the end of the day.
    Honestly if it was me i would dump my entire holding tomorrow if i still had it. and it would be at a big fat loss. But id still do it and redeploy elsewhere. Just my opinion. Ive never had issues selling something at a loss as at the end of the day its just a dollar value and I look at the point of view- could this $ value have better upside here or elsewhere.
    Last edited by Rawz; 12-02-2024 at 08:58 PM.

Just read the comments on HC and they share my thoughts that this is a total surprise after lots of positivity radiating out from management and their preso’s to the market.

One poster said there must have been a big order in the pipeline that never materialized. This would make sense

Guru

This is a shock and a shocker.

I have been looking at the share price over the last couple of months and wondering what had been happening - why it wasn't kicking on. Clearly this is the answer.

5th of December it closed at $0.42 but only been down since then on a 'positive' update. I had thought that lack of announcements/news would be one of the key reasons and thought the HY in late February would give it some impetus again.

How wrong......

Closed roughly 25% down since that update. Going to be a bloodbath tomorrow and undoubtedly back under 12 month lows (27c).

Not sure what my plan is - get out at any cost or throw them in the bottom drawer.

500,000 shares offered at 25cents. Going to be an ugly open

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Rawz View Post
    This update has come without warning. On 5th December they released an investor presentation after the name change to HighCom.

I have read it again and there is absolutely no warning in there that inventory may need to be written down if it doesnt sell. Also no warning about how dire sales were..

FY24 Opportunity Pipeline & Outlook

The Group has an opportunity pipeline of leads at various stages ofqualification worth more than $375m:
    • HighCom Technology – is pursuing multiple drone relatedAcquisition & Support Contract opportunities across the region valued >$75m;
    • HighCom Armor – has a global pipeline of opportunities >$300mfor lightweight body armour, ballistic helmets, and ballisticshields, with customers such as the UK MoD, US DoD, US DoJ.

Based on the continued tailwinds for the sector, the current sales and business development activity being progressed around the world,and with the enormous long term revenue generation potential that we believe will be created from the relocation of our unique XTclave IP into the huge US market, the Group is positive about continued revenue growth and profitability in FY24 and beyond

this is bs. Cant believe i dodged this.. just by dumb luck really. Look at the timing they announced it to the market as well, right at the end of the day.
    Honestly if it was me i would dump my entire holding tomorrow if i still had it. and it would be at a big fat loss. But id still do it and redeploy elsewhere. Just my opinion. Ive never had issues selling something at a loss as at the end of the day its just a dollar value and I look at the point of view- could this $ value have better upside here or elsewhere.
    I too reread that update.
    All looked so good.??
    Last edited by percy; 13-02-2024 at 09:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    I too reread that update.
    All looked so good.??
    Yes I think investors have been taken for a ride.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Rawz View Post
    500,000 shares offered at 25cents. Going to be an ugly open
    Agree.

Just how much of the bad news is already priced in.......