sharetrader
Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    Advanced Member

Hi duncan, I'm obviously a happy holder of XTE. Think this has a few more legs to run on. In the short term anything under 35c was a steal where I was accumulating.

A little off topic: I'm currently in the process of releasing some funds for a home purchase and was wondering myself if I should keep a few shares on the side of speculative investments so I can participate in SPP should they be competitively priced. Is that something you had good experiences with? I assume owning just 1 share of a company is possible? Would love to hear your feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by silu View Post
    Hi duncan, I'm obviously a happy holder of XTE. Think this has a few more legs to run on. In the short term anything under 35c was a steal where I was accumulating.

A little off topic: I'm currently in the process of releasing some funds for a home purchase and was wondering myself if I should keep a few shares on the side of speculative investments so I can participate in SPP should they be competitively priced. Is that something you had good experiences with? I assume owning just 1 share of a company is possible? Would love to hear your feedback.
    I now have 1 share of every share I've ever owned. The positives being if they do a SPP with no ratio (ie 1 share for every 5 you own) and the share price increases then you're in the money. The only negative, bloody messy looking portfolios, like having every app on your phone show you a 1 notification circle on it. I've passed up quite a few SPPs I qualified for so far due to share price weaknesss after announced but 10% increase. I know that over time I'll make some money off it so I'm okay with the mess.

Advanced Member

Great market update by Xtek. Wish I had some funds so I can participate in the SPP but already have quite a few. SP still quite cheap with ADOF increasing spending on homeland security over the coming years plus it's desire to buy from Australian based companies. Also this bit from the market update has caught my attention:

"XTEK remains well placed to secure additional sales contracts as robots used by Australian law enforcement agencies are approaching the end of their useful lifecycle and will need to be upgraded or replaced."

Although this is in the low margin part of Xtek's business the money is in the service contracts. The real moneymaker is XTclave and they continue to work with the US military and Counter Terrorism Office on that front.

Advanced Member

Even the Dow plunge could only slightly hold XTE's re-rate after a good market update. Currently trading at all-time high of 67c

Advanced Member

Checking in. Still holding a good chunk. Currently trading at 46.5c. They have confirmed revenue for 2018 to be $17.2m which was on the upper band of guidance and up 91% on 2017. No mention of positive EBITDA but official results will be announced by 31st August. Will continue to hold but may look at an exit point over the next 12 months.

Advanced Member

FY out: https://stocknessmonster.com/announc....asx-3A499975/
    Revenue up 91% to 17.267m
    Profit up 128% to 139k
    Total employee benefits are 3,116m!!

as said above I'm looking to downsize or exit completely. Better opportunities out there. Still sitting on +30% after 2 years of holding so not exactly a disaster.

Long Member

been on my watchlist for a long time, never pulled the trigger. agree with your sentiment. look like they're destined to crab sideways for awhile
    Last edited by Well Endowed; 03-09-2018 at 02:04 PM. Reason: spelling

Advanced Member

Update on XTclave commercialization (which would be a company maker):
    https://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/201810...g1ds1kvn4n.pdf

discl. still holding my decent sized parcel

Advanced Member

Just upping this as FY result will be out by the end of August. Company has announced $30-35m in revenue. They should also be EBITDA positive.

The biggest news since the last update was that they have acquired HighCom, a successful and profitable provider of body armour and personal protective equipment in the USA https://stocknessmonster.com/announc....asx-3A519728/

Despite what I've been saying I haven't sold any (yet). I believe it should be trading closer to 60c and a run after the FY announcement might give me an opportunity to cash in.

Advanced Member

Nice little price action of late. Sitting on 55.5c which we haven't seen since early 2018. FY result out most likely on 30th August. MD is very confident that they will do $35m revenue which is on the upper hand of the band.

It still sits on a MC of only $27m as their proprietary products are still in its infancy. XTclave is a company maker. However in the near term I believe XTatlas might be product to look at. Also servicing the drones is also a high margin business.