sharetrader
Page 507 of 563 FirstFirst ... 7407457497503504505506507508509510511517557 ... LastLast
Results 5,061 to 5,070 of 5626

Article below points to PGW firing on all cylinders and well positioned to provide a couple more profit upgrades in the new year imo.

2020 - a good year for the agricultural & horticultural sectors in NZ

&

2021 - shaping up to be another good year.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/far...farmer-in-2020

Excerpts :

"Overall, 2020 turned out to be a strong year for New Zealand’s commodities. Food and fibre producers have continued to help feed the world and bring much needed income into the New Zealand economy."

"We’re also seeing more creativity in the market, creating a stronger and more diverse industry as a result. Sheep milking, quinoa and hemp are increasing in popularity, while collaboration between the local farming and horticulture sectors is on the rise as some agri customers divest sections of land traditionally used for grazing to horticulture."

"Demand for productive land is also getting stronger which is encouraging for the future of farming. Data released in November reveals a 45 per cent increase in farm sales in the three months to October 2020 versus the same period in 2019."

In the meantime, as we head into a summer forecast to be wet and warm, we’re expecting the good times for our commodities to keep rolling well into 2021."
    Last edited by Balance; 05-01-2021 at 10:00 AM.

https://www.pggwre.co.nz/real-estate...al-market-boom

And it looks like Wrightson Real Estate has been doing very well and will reap the boom in rural market.

Excerpt of how this division underperformed in the last financial year (30 June 2020) :

Real Estate

The rural real estate market continued to face difficult market conditions with declining volumes in all sectors throughout the year. However, the lifestyle and residential markets in the provinces remained relatively positive.

The pandemic affected the real estate market leading up to our peak autumn selling period, but the business did see encouraging signs returning during
    late May and June 2020. An outcome from COVID-19 was a strong shift from traditional print media to digital channels where we saw increased website traffic and social media use.
    Notwithstanding the challenging macro conditions, PGG Wrightson Real Estate improved market share in its key lifestyle segment and rural regions.
    Last edited by Balance; 06-01-2021 at 07:10 AM.

A nice bull flag forming on the weekly chart. A break of $3.35 would confirm this continuation of the strong uptrend. Expecting a rerate too once a hefty profit and dividend are confirmed.

Also holding out to see what game the Chinese (BCA) are playing on this one. I suspect they have heavy interest in the genetics side of the business.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyTheHorse View Post
    A nice bull flag forming on the weekly chart. A break of $3.35 would confirm this continuation of the strong uptrend. Expecting a rerate too once a hefty profit and dividend are confirmed.

Also holding out to see what game the Chinese (BCA) are playing on this one. I suspect they have heavy interest in the genetics side of the business.
    Earnings growth

+

High dividend yield

+

Strong financial position

+

Takeover potential

Happy holder & incrementally adding to my holding whenever sp experiences weakness (thanks, Snoopy!)
    Last edited by Balance; 08-01-2021 at 11:15 AM.

If there are any Investors of Agria arround please send me a private Message. I want to make some Action this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Agrarinvestor View Post
    If there are any Investors of Agria arround please send me a private Message. I want to make some Action this year.
    You do need to take action before Agria sells out - after a sale, you will have little leverage to do anything if Richina Pacific is a guide to what happens.

Act while Agria still has a shareholding in PGW and has a local subsidiary.

Wishing you & other Agria shareholders the best.
    Last edited by Balance; 16-01-2021 at 10:02 AM.

Meanwhile PGW's sp powers on to another post capital repayment high.

Bravo for NZ's agricultural sector.

https://www.ruralnewsgroup.co.nz/rur...rough-pandemic

"Researchers found that the ability to cope with adversity, finding new ways of doing things and getting on with the job, were important in how the NZ agriculture sector performed so well during the pandemic.

“Although the outlook is more positive now with access to vaccines looming, many of those we heard from expect impacts of the pandemic to linger for some time. We will be interested to see how those impacts change over time, and that is where further research will be valuable.”

Snow told Rural News that there is no reason to think that this resilience would dissipate in 2021."

Escellent prospects in 2021 for sheep & beef farmers.

Looking good therefore for the rural servicing sector in 2021 - laying the groundwork for another substantial profit upgrade for PGW in F21 imo.

If PGW can do well in a very challenging year for agriculture in 2020, a good year in 2021 should see the company doing exceptionally well.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/far...arhead-in-2020

"Prospects at the start of last year were looking bleak for farmers with one of the worst droughts of a generation and sudden, massive disruption brought on by Covid-19.

Now fresh into 2021 with lots of grass and high market demand for meat products, the sheep and beef sector has experienced a remarkable turnaround."

"Central Hawke’s Bay farmer Sam Robinson said after enduring the third-worst drought of his lifetime, farmers now had an “incredible amount of feed” going into the dry season and prospects were looking good."
    Last edited by Balance; 16-01-2021 at 10:33 AM.

On the doghouse

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Excellent prospects in 2021 for sheep & beef farmers.

Looking good therefore for the rural servicing sector in 2021 - laying the groundwork for another substantial profit upgrade for PGW in F21 imo.

If PGW can do well in a very challenging year for agriculture in 2020, a good year in 2021 should see the company doing exceptionally well.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/far...arhead-in-2020

"Prospects at the start of last year were looking bleak for farmers with one of the worst droughts of a generation and sudden, massive disruption brought on by Covid-19.

Now fresh into 2021 with lots of grass and high market demand for meat products, the sheep and beef sector has experienced a remarkable turnaround."

"Central Hawke’s Bay farmer Sam Robinson said after enduring the third-worst drought of his lifetime, farmers now had an “incredible amount of feed” going into the dry season and prospects were looking good."
    I don't wish to diminish the problems that drought brought to the Hawkes bay and the far north. But actually FY2020 was a pretty good year for farmers. Marlborough enjoyed all time record fruit and wine profitability. Post Covid, the northern drought eased. And sheep and lamb farmers enjoyed decent returns, albeit with the fat trimmed off the top because of the sinking demand for high end cuts with Northern hemisphere restaurants being closed.

I think it is too early to say if the outlook for the coming twelve months is better or worse than the twelve months we have just seen. I don't see the restaurant demand coming back this year. By my perspective PGW is a potential 'value trap'. The rising NZD-USD exchange rate is bad news for farmers. Possibly a time to trim my overweight holding is coming? The share price is getting to that $3.50 level that Balance postulated a Chinese lead takeover would need to be pitched at. I was always sceptical about $3.50, but am even more surprised to see the $3.50 'takeover' offer being put on table by 'Mr Market' no less. What about it Balance? Are you preparing to offload to meet the insatiable demand of our good friend 'Mr M'?

SNOOPY
    Last edited by Snoopy; 16-01-2021 at 01:13 PM.
    Watch out for the most persistent and dangerous version of Covid-19: B.S.24/7

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
    I think it is too early to say if the outlook for the coming twelve months is better or worse than the twelve months we have just seen. I don't see the restaurant demand coming back this year. By my perspective PGW is a potential 'value trap'. The rising NZD-USD exchange rate is bad news for farmers. Possibly a time to trim my overweight holding is coming? The share price is getting to that $3.50 level that Balance postulated a Chinese lead takeover would need to be pitched at. I was always sceptical about $3.50, but am even more surprised to see the $3.50 'takeover' offer being put on table by 'Mr Market' no less. What about it Balance? Are you preparing to offload to meet the insatiable demand of our good friend 'Mr M'?

SNOOPY
    Now, Snoopy - why would I offload at $3.50 to meet the insatiable demand of 'Mr M'?

Market conditions have changed very positively for the agricultural sector and for PGW. Valuations change as well - that's fairly obvious, right?

Would you sell your house at last year's price?

As mentioned before, I must thank you for your postings - been happy to top up during the dips.