sharetrader
Page 474 of 565 FirstFirst ... 374424464470471472473474475476477478484524 ... LastLast
Results 4,731 to 4,740 of 5647
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Seems we will have to wait for February's result,before we can pass judgement.
    Going from the prices the supermarkets are charging for beef and lamb,PGW's "core" farmers are getting very good prices for their stock..
    Appears a little of the heat has come out of the Chinese market - as now looking post CNY. Schedules came down 30-40c for lamb at Xmas - but still high and historically good money. Farmers should be loving it.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    Appears a little of the heat has come out of the Chinese market - as now looking post CNY. Schedules came down 30-40c for lamb at Xmas - but still high and historically good money. Farmers should be loving it.
    A lot of stock lost in Australia, and a lot of feed has been burnt. So as sad as the situation is over there, bodes very well for NZ farmers....

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    They should be loving it just like NZ share market investors.Unusual for them both to be aligned
    https://www.interest.co.nz/rural-new...markets-adjust

Quote Originally Posted by kiora View Post
    They should be loving it just like NZ share market investors.Unusual for them both to be aligned
    https://www.interest.co.nz/rural-new...markets-adjust
    Talked to my Waikato farmer mate and he said that farmers in the region have had one of their best years ever - excellent prices right across the board for all their produce with plenty of demand.

The main gripe they have is that the banks are still keeping a very tight rein on lending to the dairying sector and that's causing hardship for those who are looking to sell their farms. Impacts significantly on PGW's real estate division.

But things may finally be starting to look up?

https://www.ruralnewsgroup.co.nz/dai...art-to-look-up

Interesting market action?

Where have all the sellers gone all of a sudden?

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Probably little to do with PGW but it brings the thread up:

2020 Ground Spreading Award Nominations Open:
    https://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/BU20...g-industry.htm

PGW HY results must soon. Hope they are good.
    om mani peme hum

percy

PGW's HY result will be this Wednesday the 26th February.

percy

Although I have been confident PGW would produce a good result,I have also been nervous.
    An excellent result,and the 9 cents fully imputed divie is a cent higher than projected 8 cents,which is a pleasant surprise..
    We certainly are invested in a very well directed/managed solid company, which is a very respected business partner to NZ's rural businesses.
    Last edited by percy; 26-02-2020 at 09:02 AM.

Although I have been confident PGW would produce a good result,I have also been nervous.
    An excellent result,and the 9 cents fully imputed divie is a cent higher than projected,which is a pleasant surprise..
    We certainly are invested in a very well directed/managed solid company, which is a very respected business partner to NZ's rural businesses.
    The turnaround is done and the business is truly gathering momentum.

http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...949/317473.pdf

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

An excellent result,and the 9 cents fully imputed divie is a cent higher than projected 8 cents,which is a pleasant surprise..
    Glad you are happy -- I am trying to understand the accounts and, as usual:
    have got lost adding this back in;
    and subtracting that;
    and so far have not even tried multiplying for the other.

om mani peme hum