sharetrader
Page 422 of 566 FirstFirst ... 322372412418419420421422423424425426432472522 ... LastLast
Results 4,211 to 4,220 of 5655

Quote Originally Posted by Agrarinvestor View Post
    Dear PGW Investors,
    be careful with your investments in PGW. AGRIA was delsited at NYSE. Shareholder Interest of minority shareholders are completely ignored. We are now minority owners into
    a chinese based company.
    Is this because of Alan Lai whom Snoopy has described as being of "bad character", having been a holder since June 1994, just how concerned should we all be, Agrarinvestor.

On the doghouse

Quote Originally Posted by waikare View Post
    Is this because of Alan Lai whom Snoopy has described as being of "bad character", having been a holder since June 1994, just how concerned should we all be, Agrarinvestor.
    I didn't describe Alan Lai as being of bad character. I mentioned the OIO is investigating whether Alan Lai fails the 'bad character' test. I leave it to readers to form their own opinion on Alan Lai's character. Obviously those who invested into Agria on the NYSE have cause to feel aggrieved. But plenty of successful business people have had business ventures go bad in the past and used that failure as a bridge to future success. The facts are that when PGW was in dire straits ten years ago, it was only Alan Lai who came put forward with the money to recapitalise them. Other Shareholders got a bite at a cash issue later. And PGW has had quite a successful ten years since.

SNOOPY

discl: hold PGW and happy with my investment
    Last edited by Snoopy; 26-01-2018 at 09:24 AM.
    Watch out for the most persistent and dangerous version of Covid-19: B.S.24/7

OIO investigating Agria’s ‘bad character’ status ...not Mr Lai’s status

Just saying
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

On the doghouse

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    OIO investigating Agria’s ‘bad character’ status ...not Mr Lai’s status

Just saying
    Thanks for the clarification. So all Alan Lai has to do is transfer his holding from the 'tainted' Agria to the untainted 'Agria2' and the investigation will go away! That is a real relief to PGW shareholders, albeit little consolation for Agria shareholders.

SNOOPY
    Watch out for the most persistent and dangerous version of Covid-19: B.S.24/7

Default Alan Lai

@Snoopy,

>>with the money to recapitalise them<<

with our money. PGW was saved with our money. I can tell you a long story about CEO Alan Lai. It took years for me to come to conclusion that this guy doesn't keep care about minority shareholder interest.

1.) Land use rigt. Agria purchased farming Land in China. China has to feed 20% of World population, but has only 7% of World agriculture Land. The land was original aquired for sheep breeding.
    Agria changed business modell from sheep breeding into Seeed business. So far i can be true that it is not the best for seeds. Agria has written of these land use right from US$ 58 million to 0$.
    The still maintain the rights, and we have waited that they will sell these parcels. Can you imagine that 13.500 acres in differrent area can be suddenly worthless?
    2.) US SEC has started an investigation against AGRIA. Agria has not notified shareholders about that. They notified us several month later after trading halt. They announced s share repurchase. But they make no use of it for
    several month. Shareholders were told it will be performed "soon". Agria has announced that they will appeal SEC decision. A few month later they told us that they will not appeal the SEC decision.
    3.) We are now delisted since 12 month. AGRIA has not told us anything about their intention what they want to do with our shares. I can transmit my ADS shares into Ordinary Shares and have to pay for it. But there are no rights for minority holders in china
    4.)AGRIA CEO is a networker with connection to government in China. I thought that this will also be a guarantor for fair play.

5.) CEO Alan Lai has a second listing in Hong Kong. We had a trading halt today.
    https://xueqiu.com/S/00380

There is only one reason why i have trusted AGRIA, and that is the fact that their main business is in New Zealand. Second, it was
    comforting that Agrias CFO is John Fulton is based in New Zealand.
    We are a team of 10 shareholders that are frustrated because of Alain Lais "dancing shoes". Agria has to find a solution for us minority shareholders. The communication style has to be changed.
    If you have relation to PGW's management, please help us.

regards

Agrarinvestor

The majority shareholder of Agria was delisted. The question of "Good Charater" of ALan Lai is in the room. The OIO has the power to enforce Agria to sell their holdings.
    Anyone here who is asking himself why the share price of PGW is so stable?

Divorced from logic Hectorplains's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agrarinvestor View Post
    The majority shareholder of Agria was delisted. The question of "Good Character" of ALan Lai is in the room. The OIO has the power to enforce Agria to sell their holdings.
    Anyone here who is asking himself why the share price of PGW is so stable?
    Share price is underpinned by dividend yield and positive noises coming out of dairy and seed divisions. Who knows a majority ownership struggle may even push the price up, in the short term anyway.

I sold at 60c, fully valued at the point for me.

Agria is currently in talks about seling their stake of Agria to ...
    Will there be a complete takeover of all PGW shares?

percy

How costly will the wrong Swede seeds fiasco be to PGW.?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    How costly will the wrong Swede seeds fiasco be to PGW.?
    I would say it will be quite costly. 556 farmers have the wrong swedes, cows dying etc. If nothing else will lose a lot of goodwill and the confidence of those farmers. Front page news on the ODT this morning.

https://www.odt.co.nz/rural-life/rur...ked-cow-deaths