sharetrader
Page 101 of 566 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 5655

Do us all a favour root and hold off. Still reasonably good volume today simply run out of sellers due to the massive volume this week. Could acheive a 66 close today unless some serious sellers come back to the market.

This peak is the same size as the last one looking at OHLC data, a high of 67 and a close of 66. I'd be happier if we crept a little higher tomorrow before heading into the next low. (Resisted the urge to sell)

"Every man and their farm dogs in NZ that have gone into South America have been burnt bad, this includes Fonterra."

I dont see that PGW's venture into South America as a failure, in fact from what I can see it will become one of shining lights of the company over the coming years as world economies improve. The problem with PGW has not been its vision, Craig Norgate has plenty of that! The problem has been the strategy for implementing the vision which has been the problem.
    I hope that PGW dont become introverted and cant see past NZ. After all we are a very small country in a very big world. If PGW can take their expertise and sell that world wide ( South America, China, Australia) all the talk about $40m or $50 million profit will be a drop in the bucket. This company has the potential to become a global player if it can get its execution right.
    With some of the changes which are occuring on the board then I believe that they may be able to achieve that over the coming years.

Had a chat with a person in the rural sector in the weekend. The drought in the north island is pretty devastating.
    Having got ourselves into a debt-induced economic crisis, the only permanent way out is to reduce the debt – either directly by abolishing large slabs of it, or indirectly by inflating it away.

PGW should merge with ELD.
    Having got ourselves into a debt-induced economic crisis, the only permanent way out is to reduce the debt – either directly by abolishing large slabs of it, or indirectly by inflating it away.

Default Heading for a new high soon?

Gradually moved sideways and down to this low.Any chance of seeing a bounce off .60/.61 to .68 or .70 soon? Or are investors still keen to stay de-risked at the moment?

Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by asc4 View Post
    Gradually moved sideways and down to this low.Any chance of seeing a bounce off .60/.61 to .68 or .70 soon? Or are investors still keen to stay de-risked at the moment?

Any ideas?
    God knows mate, but compare to NZX50 PGW shows the resistence, i dont think it will go down any further at least

Quote Originally Posted by flyingfox View Post
    God knows mate, but compare to NZX50 PGW shows the resistence, i dont think it will go down any further at least
    Hey FlyFox, well unfortunately PGW seems to have taken a hit...down 5% yesterday..ouch!!

The lack of growth in the NZX over the last month has really taken its toll on the PGW SP.

I think we will see an improvement over the week (FTSE up last night, some positive news last week, US open tonight etc.) and a possible build up closer to the Half Year Results Announcement on Feb 25th. I think it will show PGW getting its act together.

2010 is going to be good for agriculture.

Just my thoughts.

Disc: Hold..and trying to stay cool

Hey asc4,

I hope you're right, I always get nervous when a stock takes a plunge just before reporting. The riskier stocks do move around a bit more with global influences like we are seeing at the moment. I'll be interested in reading the disclosure.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by root View Post
    Hey asc4,

I hope you're right, I always get nervous when a stock takes a plunge just before reporting. The riskier stocks do move around a bit more with global influences like we are seeing at the moment. I'll be interested in reading the disclosure.
    I am also a little nervous.Must admit I am sure we have the long term right.
    Strong brand,good management in place,strong balance sheet will reward us.