sharetrader
Page 283 of 566 FirstFirst ... 183233273279280281282283284285286287293333383 ... LastLast
Results 2,821 to 2,830 of 5655
    percy

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    And the grass is growing

Boom times down on the farm next season
    http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/farm...s-expectations

PGW 45 cents by xmas
    That native tree planting did you a world of good.!!

Share price on the move.

Something in the air?

Snoopy-me-ole-mate, we need one of your negative postings - please!*

On the doghouse

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Share price on the move.

Something in the air?

Snoopy-me-ole-mate, we need one of your negative postings - please!*
    The 30th June year is signed off, but I think the day of reckoning with the auditors is near. The accounts were tagged last year and PGW managements response was that seed EBITDA would rise by 40% in FY2012. I am betting this hasn't happened so be prepared for a massive PGW headline loss for FY2012. Something over $100m is not inconceivable. Of course all of this is 'non-cash' and so won't affect PGW going forwards. But for those who only read the headlines it won't be pretty. It is all very disappointing, because George Gould was meant to have cleared all the skeletons out of the closet when he took over. It looks like he left the wardrobe filthy, in keeping with all previous PGW CEOs that I can remember.

SNOOPY

PS Is that negative enough for you Balance? Not sure it will work because I stocked up heavily with PGW shares at 28c. If only all of my PGW share shad been bought at that price!
    Watch out for the most persistent and dangerous version of Covid-19: B.S.24/7

Default Agrias 52 week high

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
    The 30th June year is signed off, but I think the day of reckoning with the auditors is near. The accounts were tagged last year and PGW managements response was that seed EBITDA would rise by 40% in FY2012. I am betting this hasn't happened so be prepared for a massive PGW headline loss for FY2012. Something over $100m is not inconceivable. Of course all of this is 'non-cash' and so won't affect PGW going forwards. But for those who only read the headlines it won't be pretty. It is all very disappointing, because George Gould was meant to have cleared all the skeletons out of the closet when he took over. It looks like he left the wardrobe filthy, in keeping with all previous PGW CEOs that I can remember.

SNOOPY

PS Is that negative enough for you Balance? Not sure it will work because I stocked up heavily with PGW shares at 28c. If only all of my PGW share shad been bought at that price!
    @Snoopy

(forgive me, i can not resist) if you had listen to my advice and bought Agria with 75 cent, you could laugh about your PGW shares which you had bought at 60 cent.
    I hope this mocking remark is ok for you . You gave my investment so much flogging and i am happy that i followed my own judgement.
    Despite our dispute about Mr. Lai's dancing shoes, i wish for you that PGW share will triple (Agria will quintuple) within the next 12 month.

On the doghouse

Quote Originally Posted by snapiti View Post
    I wish I took your advice agrarinvester, I did look into agria share's.
    Don't feel too left out Snapiti. IIRC Agrainvestor didn't take his own advice either. He was selling down out of Agria after the half year 'profit' (loss) announcement.

SNOOPY

On the doghouse

Quote Originally Posted by Agrarinvestor View Post
    @Snoopy

(forgive me, i can not resist) if you had listen to my advice and bought Agria with 75 cent, you could laugh about your PGW shares which you had bought at 60 cent.
    I hope this mocking remark is ok for you . You gave my investment so much flogging and i am happy that i followed my own judgement.
    Despite our dispute about Mr. Lai's dancing shoes, i wish for you that PGW share will triple (Agria will quintuple) within the next 12 month.
    Fair enough call Agrainvestor. Lai has certainly exceeded my expectations on his survival and even managed to sidestep a share reorganization. Alan Lai, dancer par excellence! Even the Agria website has a nice fresh new look.

However we are yet to see what onerous clauses Lai has signed to retain his dancing shoes. The dates for renegotiating his US based debts have come and gone. But I want to see his 20F full year filing so I can see what are the new terms on which his company is financed. The share price closed at $US1.18 for no good reason that I can see. There have been no announcements to justify it and the PGW result for FY2013 I expect will be a shocker.

Put simply I can't see how Agria can keep making these losses year after year and yet survive. But as unfathomable as it is, Lai is still here so I await that 20F filing with interest.

SNOOPY

Quote Originally Posted by snapiti View Post
    I think most would agree that if farmers do well PGW will do well.
    A very high proportion of farming in NZ revolve's around grass.
    The more grass the more productivity.

As seen by the latest drought no grass = small, less or no profit for farmers which = bad news for PGW.

It is interesting to note we are about to record the 2nd warmest June and July since records began in 1953.

This all means good news for grass growth and grass platforms for early spring which is a vital time for most farmers. Good news for farmers = good news for PGW.
    PGW Real Estate brokered sale of $200m of farms the other week - a nice kicker to profits.

Balance - how much they get of that

Even if it only 2% that's 4 mill .....god stuff

I feel a record year coming on .... Grass growing with warmest July after wettest June ....plenty of farm sales by the look of it ....oz turned around ..farmer confidence at high levels

George should have stayed around

percy

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Balance - how much they get of that

Even if it only 2% that's 4 mill .....god stuff

I feel a record year coming on .... Grass growing with warmest July after wettest June ....plenty of farm sales by the look of it ....oz turned around ..farmer confidence at high levels

George should have stayed around
    Great to see the results of George's rebuilding work bearing fruit.
    No surprises there.

On the doghouse

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    PGW Real Estate brokered sale of $200m of farms the other week - a nice kicker to profits.
    Not sure where that figure came from. However, I was in the main street of Rangiora last week and looked in the PGW property window. I found they had listed several what I would call 'town residences' as well as rural and semi-rural properties. I guess it makes sense. If you are in a rural town, and I would still class Rangiora as that, why not make a bit of extra commission selling urban dwellings as well?

SNOOPY