sharetrader
Page 291 of 563 FirstFirst ... 191241281287288289290291292293294295301341391 ... LastLast
Results 2,901 to 2,910 of 5626

I didn't reverse engineer the graham 22.5 formula to get the 50 cents for PGW

Just used this formula ....easy peasy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graham_number

I see sparks typed it in last night ...but punters can read all about fair value now

It's 50 cents ....BUY BUY BUY
    Last edited by winner69; 18-08-2013 at 02:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
    One thing I forgot to mention was that the biggest driver of 'growth' was actually the lower interest bill. Net interest payable dropped from $13.835m to $6.102m. Unfortunately with Alan Lai siphoning off as much cash as he can to keep cornerstone shareholder Agria afloat, this biggest driver of 'growth' has now stalled as well.

SNOOPY
    I was amused to note the speed with which PGW is getting the final pay out into the hands of Lai (and other shareholders). PGW goes XD on 28 August and the pay out is made on 13 September.
    By way of comparison, OIC announced their interim result on the same day PGW announced their final result. OIC goes XD on 13 September and pays out on 1 October. Clearly OIC's majority Asian owner is less desperate for cash than PGW's.

Went up the gully earlier and planted 2 little trees - little rata

I blessed both ...called one Percy and the other Snoopy

I planted Percy on the north facing slope and told the tree he represents growth and had a high PE. I planted the other on the south facing slope and told him he represented solid analysis and had a low PE.

Thought I better not plant them close together ..ha ha

I'll keep on eye how each grows over the years ....will growth bias beat solid analysis?

Could be interesting because Percy (north facing slope) has the more favourable market conditions but I was nice to Snoopy and made sure he had a bit of shelter from the southerly gales that occasionally wipes out the odd tree so he could be protected from market shocks.

Quote Originally Posted by SparkyTheClown View Post
    You need money to buy a company. Agria don't seem to have that kind of coin for a full takeover.
    Noted, and thanks for pointing that out along the way - I've been listening!

A carving off and takeover of AgriTech only wouldn't be a big surprise, but without adding a lot of value for existing shareholders (sell-off of finance arm sets a precedent for this). I wonder how much of the write-down (and hence loss) this year gets pinned on AgriTech? Looking the 2012 FY report, I'd guess around $210M!

Can anyone figure out what that makes AgriTech worth, from book and/or market perspectives?

(Back to my #1 rule, it comes down to perception. Locals should be happy if just the retail and services companies are part locally-owned, and could care less about who owns the technology - never mind that the 'local' part might just be a ticket-clipping operation.)

percy

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Went up the gully earlier and planted 2 little trees - little rata

I blessed both ...called one Percy and the other Snoopy

I planted Percy on the north facing slope and told the tree he represents growth and had a high PE. I planted the other on the south facing slope and told him he represented solid analysis and had a low PE.

Thought I better not plant them close together ..ha ha

I'll keep on eye how each grows over the years ....will growth bias beat solid analysis?

Could be interesting because Percy (north facing slope) has the more favourable market conditions but I was nice to Snoopy and made sure he had a bit of shelter from the southerly gales that occasionally wipes out the odd tree so he could be protected from market shocks.
    I am over-come.
    May I hope that both trees flourish.
    I look forward to you posting in a few years time a photo of them in flower.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by snapiti View Post
    I hope snoopy and percy know traditionally when a farmer plants a tree and give's it a name they christen it by urinating over it.
    Snoopy and I are very fortunate that Winner69 had a few good {Bulmers?} ciders last night,so a bit of cider pee will give us both a good start.!!! lol.

Advanced Member

If they can maintain 3c per share dividend its 9% net yield, i like that.

Is it just me or does this stock look like it's about to make a move based on the latest SSH?

AWOL

Heres a good sign with the CEO buying up.

Quote Originally Posted by blakecb View Post
    Is it just me or does this stock look like it's about to make a move based on the latest SSH?
    As they say a good sign when the CEO fronts up with a few weeks pay to buy shares

Must be about to make a move

50 cents her we come