sharetrader
Page 294 of 563 FirstFirst ... 194244284290291292293294295296297298304344394 ... LastLast
Results 2,931 to 2,940 of 5626
    On the doghouse

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
    3/ The South American growth engine has stalled, which is very disappointing.
    Interesting looking at the milk production figures over the first six months of 2013.

http://www.clal.it/en/index.php?sect...consegne_latte

Uruguay was down only 1.3% verses NZ down 12.74%. So the drought 'there' was not as bad as it was here. The problem was PGW sold more stuff in Uruguay in FY2013 vs FY2012, but hardly made any money on it. I am at a loss to explain why.

SNOOPY
    Watch out for the most persistent and dangerous version of Covid-19: B.S.24/7

For the last few days there have been many buyers lining up on the buy side, and this morning.... they are gone. Piece of news I have missed?

AWOL

Quote Originally Posted by moosie_900 View Post
    Fund exiting their position on the bid side to free up money elsewhere as they realise those bids will not be reached? NZX cleaning up old orders from the board?
    Might be using it to buy PEB

To answer my own question, it seems overnight the US markets have been spooked by the military action the US will undoubtedly take in Syria. Could be a painful day on the NZX

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by blakecb View Post
    To answer my own question, it seems overnight the US markets have been spooked by the military action the US will undoubtedly take in Syria. Could be a painful day on the NZX
    Yes Global markets were spooked by many factors last night.
    USA positioned and able to fire a missile at Syria within seconds after the order to strike
    Pre GE tapering effect having a bad effect on emerging countries
    Pre GE tapering is effecting the outlook of Wall St's bull market
    NZ$ dropped
    Money heading towards safe havens.

PGW has gone exDiv

Going to be a bad day today on the NZX folks I think PGW depth buffer will make it a less votalile stock so probably whether today better than other more sensitive stocks
    Last edited by Hoop; 28-08-2013 at 09:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoop View Post
    Yes Global markets were spooked by many factors last night.
    PGW has gone exDiv
    PGW exDiv on coming Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by The BOWMAN View Post
    PGW exDiv on coming Monday.
    You must have something in your quiver the NZX doesn't know about, as they currently quote it as XD

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Under Surveillance View Post
    You must have something in your quiver the NZX doesn't know about, as they currently quote it as XD
    It takes 3 trading days to complete and register so if the ex date is the Monday, then 27th is the last trading day to get on the register for the divy
    Last edited by Hoop; 28-08-2013 at 05:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by blakecb View Post
    For the last few days there have been many buyers lining up on the buy side, and this morning.... they are gone. Piece of news I have missed?
    Orders are automatically cancelled when going ex-dividend, and naturally there's some inertia in re-entering them. Looks OK now.

...also with the relative uncertainty I do not think that the buy orders are soon to outstrip the sells... PGW was supposed to be my shooting star... ended up being a BIG BLACK HOLE... which sucks everything that comes into it's path...current price too high for uncertainty vs risk and reward