sharetrader
Page 297 of 563 FirstFirst ... 197247287293294295296297298299300301307347397 ... LastLast
Results 2,961 to 2,970 of 5626
    On the doghouse

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    So millions more unexpected/unplanned profit eh .... time for an rerating then to allow for this

Hope was a strategy then ...though no one really hoped for the damage done in the first place

Will it affect farming overall? Farmers are really resilient so probably not
    Having a large section of Canterbury irrigation assets out of action going into a dry spring is not good for farming in general and dairying in Canterbury in particular. Perhaps it will help keep the milk price up though? I agree in the short term it might help PGW's 'Pumping and Irrigation', although that is assuming that unit was not close to capacity already. I would guess the wind storm is neutral overall for PGW for the current season. Probably not so good for Synlait Processing.

SNOOPY
    Last edited by Snoopy; 13-09-2013 at 10:50 AM.
    Watch out for the most persistent and dangerous version of Covid-19: B.S.24/7

PGW acquires Water Dynamics and Aquaspec businesses

Nice move PGG Wrightson.

From last year drought show how important irrigation is for agriculture sector.yes nice move for pgw.
    Last edited by Master98; 18-09-2013 at 08:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Master98 View Post
    From last year drought show how important irrigation is for agriculture sector.yes nice move for pgw.

.......AGREE NICE WORK DIRECTORS........ALL ADDING TO A SLOW STEADY RECOVERY, THE WAY WE ALL LIKE IT (keeps the traders at bay.....every cent gain in SP equals about a 2.6% gain in value).....keep building you good thing, still a lot of ground to make up...........AND irrigate for that matter!!
    Have a Gr8day.

Quite interesting how the share price goes up and down 10c most days. It was switching between 0.330c and 0.340c for weeks a while ago. Now it' slowly creeping up. I was going to do some day trading buying at 0.330c selling at 0.340c a while ago but didn't have any spare funds.
    Last edited by Wolf; 18-09-2013 at 04:38 PM.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Question Whats a decimal point for

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    Quite interesting how the share price goes up and down 10c most days. It was switching between 330c and 340c for weeks a while ago. Now it' slowly creeping up. I was going to do some day trading buying at 330c selling at 340c a while ago but didn't have any spare funds.
    You had me worried for a while but I have checked and it definitely trades at a tenth of the prices you state.

When I was young AIR used to oscillate between 41 & 42c, did it for ages, then it fell out the sky.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    Quite interesting how the share price goes up and down 10c most days. It was switching between 330c and 340c for weeks a while ago. Now it' slowly creeping up. I was going to do some day trading buying at 330c selling at 340c a while ago but didn't have any spare funds.
    Are you on the correct thread Wolf ?

Haha my bad.

Doesn't show day changes but i remember it dropping and raising every day.
    I expect it to change between 0.360-0.370 looking at this for a couple of days which it has done today. I'm no technical analyst expert though.
    Last edited by Wolf; 18-09-2013 at 04:54 PM.

On the doghouse

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Horseshoe View Post
    PGW acquires Water Dynamics and Aquaspec businesses

Nice move PGG Wrightson.
    Acquiring a bolt on acquisition to the PGW irrigation business probably is a good move. Yet it goes against last weeks strategy of quitting the small stake in Heartland for the purposes of reducing debt. Possibly both were good steps for PGW. But the way the two press releases were written, does not to me present a coherent strategy going forwards.

SNOOPY
    Watch out for the most persistent and dangerous version of Covid-19: B.S.24/7

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
    Acquiring a bolt on acquisition to the PGW irrigation business probably is a good move. Yet it goes against last weeks strategy of quitting the small stake in Heartland for the purposes of reducing debt. Possibly both were good steps for PGW. But the way the two press releases were written, does not to me present a coherent strategy going forwards.

SNOOPY
    Once PGW sold their finance company there was no reason [other than a good investment] for them to hold HNZ shares.
    Expanding the irrigation business is an excellent move.Irrigation is now part of PGW's core business of servicing the rural sector.