sharetrader
Page 509 of 566 FirstFirst ... 9409459499505506507508509510511512513519559 ... LastLast
Results 5,081 to 5,090 of 5655

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Earnings growth

+

High dividend yield

+

Strong financial position

+

Takeover potential

[/COLOR]
    Sector rotation taking place out there - PGW has to be one of the best stocks for investors to switch from yield sensitive stock (like the utilities) into.

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Sector rotation taking place out there - PGW has to be one of the best stocks for investors to switch from yield sensitive stock (like the utilities) into.
    Is that a hint for Snoopy

[QUOTE=Snoopy;873241]There was talk in the interim report of ramping up the 'Go Livestock' funding of sheep and cattle. Perhaps the additional borrowing headroom is associated with that?

I failed to spot that Snoopy, so thanks that provides some reassurance that debt is not increasing without a tangible matching asset which has happened in the past. Happy to remain a collector of nice dividends however would prefer to get a lesser dividend while that balance sheet is strengthened.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyTheHorse View Post
    As I suspected dividend increased to a fully imputed 12cps! NPAT up a whooping 41% on pcp. Forward PE must be around or just under 10 now?....

....Reconfirmed full year Operating EBITDA guidance of around $57 million
    FY EBITDA $57m I calculate will produce a NPAT of approximately $16m, call it 22cps.

That 12c divvy seems a little n the generous side.
    om mani peme hum

Quote Originally Posted by Snow Leopard View Post
    FY EBITDA $57m I calculate will produce a NPAT of approximately $16m, call it 22cps.

That 12c divvy seems a little n the generous side.

This was asked on the analysts call today about why the increase in dividend given guidance. They answered it in a diplomatic way, but I think Snoopy is right when he said whilst Agria are on the board they will pump as much dividends as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
    PGW do have Agria still on the share register. I bet those two Agria nominated directors maintain a big say on the level of dividend payment.

Anyone have any insight into the auditor resignation?

yeh saw that announcement this morning and went wtf?
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

On the doghouse

I recall something at the AGM was said about the current person at KPMG, who was doing PGW's auditing, retiring. In FY2007 KPMG replaced Price Waterhouse Coopers as auditors at PGW. So KPMG have been PGW's auditors for fourteen years, a marathon stretch. I suspect rather than bring a new KPMG bod up to speed, it was mutually agreed that now would be a good time to transition to a new auditor. I don't think there is anything more sinister than that with this change.

SNOOPY
    Watch out for the most persistent and dangerous version of Covid-19: B.S.24/7

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
    I recall something at the AGM was said about the current person at KPMG, who was doing PGW's auditing, retiring. In FY2007 KPMG replaced Price Waterhouse Coopers as auditors at PGW. So KPMG have been PGW's auditors for fourteen years, a marathon stretch. I suspect rather than bring a new KPMG bod up to speed, it was mutually agreed that now would be a good time to transition to a new auditor. I don't think there is anything more sinister than that with this change.

SNOOPY
    Thanks Snoopy, that is comforting.

Quote Originally Posted by forest View Post
    Thanks Snoopy, that is comforting.
    Under auditors’ convention, an incoming auditor (or accountant) has to confirm with the outgoing auditor (or accountant) if there is any reason why the transfer/assignment cannot be accepted.