sharetrader
Page 111 of 566 FirstFirst ... 1161101107108109110111112113114115121161211 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 5655

Looks like PGW have caught the ELD flu.
    Having got ourselves into a debt-induced economic crisis, the only permanent way out is to reduce the debt – either directly by abolishing large slabs of it, or indirectly by inflating it away.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Who View Post
    Looks like PGW have caught the ELD flu.
    Seems that RPI cant pay there shareholders/bond holders the divdend/ interest payments due so bond holders will inherit the shares and sell them on the market. So share price is sinking again!

We might be seeing the final demise of RPI?

Oh well it must be time for a top up!

It seems like everyone wants out of PGW. I assume PGC will want to sell down their 18% at some stage as it is non core?
    Having got ourselves into a debt-induced economic crisis, the only permanent way out is to reduce the debt – either directly by abolishing large slabs of it, or indirectly by inflating it away.

Distressed shareholders = cheap stocks.

Remember when Fletchers sold out of Fletcher Paper? Or Fisher Fund sold PPL?

ELD? Dog with fleas which has an insolvent unit in NZ and more write-downs in Oz. Market is selling down to avoid the fleas jumping onto them!
    Last edited by Balance; 01-05-2010 at 08:37 AM.

Lightbulb When to buy?

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Distressed shareholders = cheap stocks.

Remember when Fletchers sold out of Fletcher Paper? Or Fisher Fund sold PPL?

ELD? Dog with fleas which has an insolvent unit in NZ and more write-downs in Oz. Market is selling down to avoid the fleas jumping onto them!
    I hold a few PGGWrightson. Patriotic Duty and so on. In this case, we must stop the Chinese getting the Company. The question is, what is the price at which I should CONSIDER buying more, and what is the price at which I must buy more.
    All ideas welcome. Craig is obviously out, or will be shortly.

percy

I do not Know at what price you must buy more.What we know is PGW has a strong balance sheet,the finance company is in good shape,the seeds business is world class.the PGW brand is strong,the board has been strengthened,the management is good.So the company is well respected,well managed and the results will come.
    What is against the company is 4% of the company is about to come onto the market.This affects the SP short term but has no bearing on how the company performs long term.Once this overhang has found a home ,then all of a sudden the overhang has gone.
    PGC's 18% is where you may need to ask more questions.Most PGC shareholders are relaxed with PGW .Whether PGC will put PGW holding into a rural fund under Perpectual trust,sell or continue to hold time will tell.PGC did not take up their rights in recent PGW issue without making sure it would be profitable.
    Looks a great buy to me at these prices.Be certain while others are uncertain.Or buy just a few then add a few more in a month or twos time.
    A bit like Ballanttynes sale.You go into buy a shirt and find you brought 2 for the price of 1.!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by percy; 01-05-2010 at 05:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    I do not Know at what price you must buy more.What we know is PGW has a strong balance sheet,the finance company is in good shape,the seeds business is world class.the PGW brand is strong,the board has been strengthened,the management is good.So the company is well respected,well managed and the results will come.
    What is against the company is 4% of the company is about to come onto the market.This affects the SP short term but has no bearing on how the company performs long term.Once this overhang has found a home ,then all of a sudden the overhang has gone.
    PGC's 18% is where you may need to ask more questions.Most PGC shareholders are relaxed with PGW .Whether PGC will put PGW holding into a rural fund under Perpectual trust,sell or continue to hold time will tell.PGC did not take up their rights in recent PGW issue without making sure it would be profitable.
    Looks a great buy to me at these prices.Be certain while others are uncertain.Or buy just a few then add a few more in a month or twos time.
    A bit like Ballanttynes sale.You go into buy a shirt and find you brought 2 for the price of 1.!!!!!!!!
    What really matters is the sp a year from now (unless you are a trader). Those who bought into RBD or Nuplex in the last year bought at varying prices, some higher than others - did not really matter as their share prices have kept going higher and higher.

Having said that, we all want to get in at the best price possible.

Impossible to pick the bottom or the top so it's case of buying when the trend reverses decisively. Most of us would agree that averaging down is not a great way of investing!

Here there is a distressed seller so let's hope the trustee does not flog the whole lot to one buyer cheap.

BRING IT ON!

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    What really matters is the sp a year from now (unless you are a trader). Those who bought into RBD or Nuplex in the last year bought at varying prices, some higher than others - did not really matter as their share prices have kept going higher and higher.

Having said that, we all want to get in at the best price possible.

Impossible to pick the bottom or the top so it's case of buying when the trend reverses decisively. Most of us would agree that averaging down is not a great way of investing!

Here there is a distressed seller so let's hope the trustee does not flog the whole lot to one buyer cheap.

BRING IT ON!
    Balance,do not tell anyone but I agree with you 100%unless the buyer is Mouse!!!!
    Last edited by percy; 01-05-2010 at 05:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Balance,do not tell anyone but I agree with you 100%unless the buyer is Mouse!!!!
    Note though, we only have one 'maybe' distressed seller. Since Pyne Gould can afford to hold plus scout around for someone to get their parcel at a bit of a premium. The Trustees for RPI? may sell quickly, but I doubt it. Craig Norgate may soon no longer be in charge of that parcel of shares. Same applies to NZ Farming Uruguay.
    So when do we know its a panic sale?? Ideas please. When is the bottom the bottom?

percy

. When is the bottom the bottom?[/QUOTE]

Mouse.the absolute bottom is reached when sharebrokers sell their wife's holding in a company.
    When the market thinks there is more bad news to come,but there is not.
    Balance has said the you should not try to worry about the bottom but wait until the uptrend.This is the best advice.
    I have said if you cannot help yourself spread your purchases over a few months .
    Balance has also pointed out the SP in a year's time is what you should be thinking about.
    I cannot help getting excited on what the divie will be in a year or twos time.What will be the yield on today's SP.?
    Last edited by percy; 02-05-2010 at 06:39 PM.